Considering a WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Considering a WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; just an aprox....

just an aprox.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by carsunltd32 View Post
    just an aprox.
    Generally 245-250whp depending on the dyno.

As for colors, I would go white. The black looks really nice, but black cars in general are hard to keep clean, and prevent chips/swirls, and the subaru paint is absolutely horrible so I wouldn't risk it.

I say got silver or white. Silver is the most balanced, but white looks amazing when it is clean.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

black

that is all
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

are there any bad aspects of the 06 or 05 that is worse then the other. I hear the 06 had bad motor mounts. is there anything more major?
    and I know I can search and find this but its a lot easier to just have it here.
    Thanks
    Jay

Registered User SixDaysToSunday's Avatar
    Welcome to the club!

I have a white car right now and it is a ***** to keep clean. I assume black is the same way. Silver is right in between so I'd go with that. Sure, black looks nice and adds some class, but the maintenance factor.. damn.

Problem with silver is that it is all too common. What, they don't have WRB for 06?
    2010 WRX: "Archer"
    #2127 of the Stinkeye Mob
    Honorary Member of the Hawkeye Alliance
    Give it up for the boys in Blue, USAF; 3H071
    Jack T, also known as BOOSTPUNK on Buffaloscooby

Quote Originally Posted by SixDaysToSunday View Post
    Welcome to the club!

Problem with silver is that it is all too common. What, they don't have WRB for 06?
    whats WRB?

whats WRB?
    (look at your avatar)

World Rally Blue Pearl
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

haha wow, yeaaaa noob here.
    I think the blue could get old after a while. and dunno the white and black draw me in a lot more then the grey or blue.

haha wow, yeaaaa noob here.
    I think the blue could get old after a while. and dunno the white and black draw me in a lot more then the grey or blue.
    +1 Everyone and there Mother has WRB. Go to a meet its 70% blue if not more.

That's why i got San Remo Red. Ive seen less than 10 in 2 years (including 2 Wicked Big Meets that have 700+ cars)
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    +1 Everyone and there Mother has WRB. Go to a meet its 70% blue if not more.

That's why i got San Remo Red. Ive seen less than 10 in 2 years (including 2 Wicked Big Meets that have 700+ cars)
    D0WNxSH1FT I just looked at your pics. your car is beautiful. I love the red WRX's. So rare, I think Iíve seen 1 or 2 if that you have quite a car there.

personal experience with white wrx..

Welcome to the club. I'm a noob here and so far it's been great here. I've learned a lot in the 3 months I've been here. I purchased a 2006 wrx in white with no wing. I've washed it once a week by hand (recommended not to go through the auto car washers; can damage the paint). I noticed that dirt builds up a lot on the back bumper; even after just a day of driving. I get a lot of dash build up too. Oh!! this kills me... the car isn't all that big (enough room for me being only 5'10") and I fit perfect. But the first couple days I was getting in and out I would accidently kick the door right by the speaker. Almost every time I did it would leave a small mark on the door. Anyway, the car is amazing!!! I'll have a bad day at work or be upset with some girl and as soon as I see my car I just want to drive and by the time I'm home I don't even remember being upset.

Hello, im new to! I have not bought a wrx yet but its on my list. How are reliability issues with them? Thats the only thing that scares me off. My list conists of a 350z, a evo, cooper s, rsx type s, g35 coupe. Im just confused. Im not new in the knowledge of the car. Ive been watching rally since i was young and have seen it grow into what it is. Good luck with your purchase.

i'm not the best guy to know

Quote Originally Posted by magoo_lc1 View Post
    Hello, im new to! I have not bought a wrx yet but its on my list. How are reliability issues with them? Thats the only thing that scares me off. My list conists of a 350z, a evo, cooper s, rsx type s, g35 coupe. Im just confused. Im not new in the knowledge of the car. Ive been watching rally since i was young and have seen it grow into what it is. Good luck with your purchase.
    I'm not the smartest car guy here but from what I picked up was that subaru's have a good realibility to them. Any car or anything will go bad if not properly maintained but the resale value of these cars are high. Just take care of her and treat her right and she'll be a blast to ride for a long time... am I talking about cars or women?

Quote Originally Posted by magoo_lc1 View Post
    Subaru's have pretty good reliability. If you don't go crazy modding (>300+whp) and don't launch all the time it will last a very long time. Your list has alot of very different cars in it. Do you want AWD,FWD or RWD? You have the EVO and WRX on there for AWD. Of those 2 the Evo will be faster and easier to mod. However it does cost a little more and could be a little less reliable. For RWD you have the 350Z and G35. The Z/g are great cars (I love my 350Z and would recomend it over a WRX). However if you want to mod there not the best choice, its way more expensive to mod a Z/G. They are decently quick out of the box. The Z is cheaper and less luxurious but its faster, the G has alot of luxury. I don't have alot of experience withthe RSX or cooper so Ill refrain from talking about them.

Most cars today aren't that abd in terms of reliability. All of those will last you a long time if you maintain it right. In stock form the Subaru will probably be the most reliable of the bunch.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I got me a black 06 and it is a pain to keep clean and there is an assload of swirlies in the clear coat now...... but I love it and you dont see the imperfections at 130mph My womans got an 02 rsx type s that shifts smoother that my wrx but you definately gotta use all 6 gears just to cruise at 40-45mph. I know the v-tech loves r's but to me it seems like its too much. A nd the steering is stiffer than a piss hardon. The plus side is that the K20 has endless upgrades. Because I just cant leave cars alone I'm probably gonna be soopin her ride up too (hee hee)
    MEGATTILLA Evo Killa
    HAWKEYE ALLIANCE#48

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.