Just reached 1000 miles on my 07' wrx ltd. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just reached 1000 miles on my 07' wrx ltd. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by C89ZX7R 2004 Aspen White STi - Mobil 1 Full Synthetic 5w30 - 56,646 miles - no leaks ...

Quote Originally Posted by C89ZX7R View Post
    2004 Aspen White STi - Mobil 1 Full Synthetic 5w30 - 56,646 miles - no leaks .
    when did you switch ?
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I tend to do my oil changes a little before the 3000 mark just to be safe cause I do drive the wagon a bit hard at times.

Cool

Congrats, I passed 1k miles on my STI Ltd this past weekend. I'm getting my oil changed friday (soon as I could). I've driven a bit more spirited but I'm waiting to get rid of the new engine gunk that comes loose from break-in. Took it in the rain and it's the most magical feeling in the world to take off with no wheelspin and seem to make other people stand still.

My Evo came stock with Mobil 1. After about 2000 miles the car would burn about half a QT. I would always keep an eye on it.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by orvtech View Post
    when did you switch ?

thanks

wow, i didnt know this thread would lead to syn vs non syn. right now i am driving the car pretty hard, and omg it is GREAT!!! i am just going to do a regular oil change for now and just keep reading and digging to find out which is better. i have heard that by switching to synthetic, there is not major difference unless you really mod your wrx. in any case, here are some pixs!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1331.jpg   IMG_1332.jpg   IMG_1333.jpg   IMG_1337.jpg  

nice pics
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I bought an 06' Sti with 2,000 miles on it and notice that there was a window sticker for the the next oil change but it's faded out and I don't know if the previous owner used synthetic or regular. Do I need to do a flush or should I just keep using regular?

Quote Originally Posted by jr4284 View Post
    Some people actually swear that they lose performance with synthetic. I was talking with one of the mechanics at the Subie dealership... he has an '02 WRX running 550 hp and went synthetic and wishes he never did. Once you go synthetic, you don't go back unless you want to flush everything.
    Some people also swear they gain performance from adding stickers. Just try to ignore them!

And no..you don't have to flush everything out. Do you know what synthetics are? They are a hybrid of conventional oils. They are not completely differenct substances, and combine with dino oil just like normal. You could run 3 quarts synthetic, 3 quarts conventional, if you REALLY wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by SubbieNewbie View Post
    Some people also swear they gain performance from adding stickers. Just try to ignore them!

And no..you don't have to flush everything out. Do you know what synthetics are? They are a hybrid of conventional oils. They are not completely differenct substances, and combine with dino oil just like normal. You could run 3 quarts synthetic, 3 quarts conventional, if you REALLY wanted to.
    Or a Synth Blend 5w30 like I do. I ran regular for the first 18K, then decided to go a blend until 56K (save a little cash, but better than reg?). Then again I seem to be the only one, so maybe I am

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabewrx View Post
    wow, i didnt know this thread would lead to syn vs non syn. right now i am driving the car pretty hard, and omg it is GREAT!!! i am just going to do a regular oil change for now and just keep reading and digging to find out which is better. i have heard that by switching to synthetic, there is not major difference unless you really mod your wrx. in any case, here are some pixs!!!!
    Great pics - nothing shines like a new car ...

I made the Mobil 1 switch at 6600 miles. The engine does not burn any oil that I can detect.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Great pics - nothing shines like a new car ...

I made the Mobil 1 switch at 6600 miles. The engine does not burn any oil that I can detect.
    Sorry i just had to post mines .. my baby has only 200 miles on it

a few other ones

almost last row

last pic

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry i just had to post mines .. my baby has only 200 miles on it
    Damn, that black looks bada$$!

You might want to post those pics here: ...:::[[[MEMBER CAR GALLERY]]]:::...
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Damn, that black looks bada$$!

You might want to post those pics here: ...:::[[[MEMBER CAR GALLERY]]]:::...
    to tell you the true ... my first choice was a white limited STI

I Support ClubWRX
    to tell you the true ... my first choice was a white limited STI
    White to black? You could not have gone in a more opposite direction. As long as you are happy with the car it is all good.
    Mods & Pics

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast