Deal or no deal?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Deal or no deal? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am considering getting an 04 Sti with 50K miles stock. The color is silver and in excellent condition. Final ...

Deal or no deal?

I am considering getting an 04 Sti with 50K miles stock. The color is silver and in excellent condition. Final price 23K with payments of 350 a month what u guys think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no deal howie.

I would prob not buy it, but if its in that good of shape and u think its okay go with your instinct. Thats just my opion i dont really like buying a used car with that many miles. I mean if you knew who drove it and it was in good shape do it, but making a car look clean can be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by TRDCeli04 View Post
    I am considering getting an 04 Sti with 50K miles stock. The color is silver and in excellent condition. Final price 23K with payments of 350 a month what u guys think.
    that is an OK deal. not the best though. We have an 04 with 21k for $24,800 or so. i guess it just depends on how you look at it.

not sure how they got to $350 though ..unless you have major equity in a trade or lots of money down. the numbers just dont work. even at 72 months at a good rate, you are looking at about $400 per month.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

No Deal.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

is $23k just the price of the car or does that include taxes and everything??
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

i just bought an 04 wagon in sept.... and it was listed as 18k, i got it for less than that..

definitely NO deal
    Sarah
    Blobeye Syndicate #69

"If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg

Haggle more to get it lower! Also I would get a Carfax for it just to make sure that nothing major happened to it considering the year of the car.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

haha... my dumbass didn't read the STI part... my eyes aren't cooperating tonight...

well according to kbb (and i don't know your zip code so i just went with mine) it says in EXCELLENT condition it should be 24k, but definitely haggle them down.

they also said 43k miles is average for this car... so at least it's not too far off.
    Sarah
    Blobeye Syndicate #69

"If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg

Banned
    no deal were are u at thats some high miles look on line ebay or a local auto trader there lots of them out there for a better deal and less miles

No deal the dealer wouldn't bring down the price. I am in El Paso TX and it is rare to find a used one here. I guess wait till the next time.

that sucks... yeah just keep your eye out... or if you know you can get a loan easy enough and have the down payment stuff ready to go, keep looking online in surrounding areas... never know what you might find

it was hard as hell finding what i wanted around here either. i was specifically looking for a wagon (for the future family and just wanted a bigger car, i had a 3 door saturn before). and everywhere around here it was either an 02-03 (i wanted 04-05) or a sedan. plus i was being picking about color but i finally had to give in and get blue. which i like, but i wanted black .

so i think it's hard in a lot of places. i just chaulked it up to being a popular car no one wants to get rid of them lol
    Sarah
    Blobeye Syndicate #69

no deal
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

For comparison, I just bought a pre-owned 06' Sti with 2,000 miles bone stock for $27K including 6yr warranty.

Ok here's an update I bought the car at $22K that is including TT&L. Final price. The miles are mainly highway miles. Carfax showed it was originally purchased brand new in oregon and a year later registered in Austin TX. After that registered here in El Paso TX. So I ended up taking the car. Picking up after work.

Congratulations!!

Have fun.

Any modification plans?
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast