Interested in WRX..current s2000
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

This is a discussion on Interested in WRX..current s2000 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everybody my name is Zach i have an 02 honda s2000. i love my car to death but recently ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    4

    Interested in WRX..current s2000

    Hey everybody my name is Zach i have an 02 honda s2000. i love my car to death but recently ive been thinking i need a different DD. So i am here to learn as much as i can about the WRX..i hope to get an 02 or 03 with less than 50k on the speedo. So yeah i guess thats it.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by currahee474 View Post
    hope to get an 02 or 03 with less than 50k on the speedo. So yeah i guess thats it.
    welcome, and thats Odo not speedo
    '06 wrx wr-blue

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    4
    lol wow 3 hours of sleep really gets to ya.

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    724
    no worries, we all have those days, I had them 7 days a week last year.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

  6. #5
    Registered User ArchangelF16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    282
    Nice. I've test driven a lot of cars and I think the S2000 is close to the top of a very short list of cars I would consider trading the Scooby for.
    2004 White WRX (R.I.P.)
    2006 White TR replacement
    1998 V5 Grey STi

  7. #6
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchangelF16 View Post
    Nice. I've test driven a lot of cars and I think the S2000 is close to the top of a very short list of cars I would consider trading the Scooby for.
    +1.

    Best of luck with your search, and if you need a daily driver I am sure you will be pleased with the wrx.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  8. #7
    Registered User Bboy AJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by currahee474 View Post
    Hey everybody my name is Zach i have an 02 honda s2000. i love my car to death but recently ive been thinking i need a different DD. So i am here to learn as much as i can about the WRX..i hope to get an 02 or 03 with less than 50k on the speedo. So yeah i guess thats it.
    Why would you downgrade!
    2006 WRX TR

  9. #8
    Registered User rr1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bboy AJ View Post
    Why would you downgrade!
    i would not really concider that a down grade
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

  10. #9
    Registered User rr1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    0
    well yea i guess it is a down grade
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

  11. #10
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Bboy AJ View Post
    Why would you downgrade!
    Whether or not it is a downgrade is all relative to the persons needs I guess.

    While in the general outlook, it would seem a downgrade, he needs a car that will be better for daily driving. The S2000 get superior gas mileage, handles better, brakes better, is faster, has a nicer interior, better tranny, looks betters, etc.... Which is why most (including me) might view it as a downgrade.
    However, the wrx does have more torque, more modability, seats 5, has 4doors,and can be driven in any weather conditions. This might offset the issue of a supposed downgrade if the practicality is really a large concern here.

    That said, if it didn't snow in Chicago, there would be an S2000 in my driveway instead of a wrx
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  12. #11
    Registered User ArchangelF16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    282
    what kind of mileage do you see with the S2k? I usually see about 25 mpg in the WRX.

    The s2000 was sweet when I drove one, but I like to have more than 1 passenger when I have them. If I somehow come into money in the near future (doubt it, but possible), an S2000 might be on the horizon to complement the WRX.
    2004 White WRX (R.I.P.)
    2006 White TR replacement
    1998 V5 Grey STi

  13. #12
    Registered User GeneralGeeWhiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cupertino, CA
    Posts
    4,843
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Whether or not it is a downgrade is all relative to the persons needs I guess.

    While in the general outlook, it would seem a downgrade, he needs a car that will be better for daily driving. The S2000 get superior gas mileage, handles better, brakes better, is faster, has a nicer interior, better tranny, looks betters, etc.... Which is why most (including me) might view it as a downgrade.
    However, the wrx does have more torque, more modability, seats 5, has 4doors,and can be driven in any weather conditions. This might offset the issue of a supposed downgrade if the practicality is really a large concern here.

    That said, if it didn't snow in Chicago, there would be an S2000 in my driveway instead of a wrx
    QFT. I would stick withe S2K because it has the most beautiful transmission I have ever felt. It's a great car, like Donnie pointed out. 02-03 WRX transmissions are on the exact end of the spectrum. Klunky and could give out at any time.
    <--- Robert

    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

  14. #13
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGeeWhiz View Post
    QFT. I would stick withe S2K because it has the most beautiful transmission I have ever felt. It's a great car, like Donnie pointed out. 02-03 WRX transmissions are on the exact end of the spectrum. Klunky and could give out at any time.
    What does QFT mean?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  15. #14
    Registered User ArchangelF16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    282
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGeeWhiz View Post
    QFT. I would stick withe S2K because it has the most beautiful transmission I have ever felt. It's a great car, like Donnie pointed out. 02-03 WRX transmissions are on the exact end of the spectrum. Klunky and could give out at any time.
    +1 for the AMAZING S2000 tranny
    2004 White WRX (R.I.P.)
    2006 White TR replacement
    1998 V5 Grey STi

  16. #15
    Registered User Kreeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    91
    Me thinks that s2000 and all those little convertibles are girly man cars, but that is my opinion... Yes, I know the s2k is ****ing fast but still think it is lame. Therefore I believe the wrx is an upgrade, but you should definitely go for STi.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •