Interested in WRX..current s2000
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Interested in WRX..current s2000 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everybody my name is Zach i have an 02 honda s2000. i love my car to death but recently ...

Interested in WRX..current s2000

Hey everybody my name is Zach i have an 02 honda s2000. i love my car to death but recently ive been thinking i need a different DD. So i am here to learn as much as i can about the WRX..i hope to get an 02 or 03 with less than 50k on the speedo. So yeah i guess thats it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by currahee474 View Post
    hope to get an 02 or 03 with less than 50k on the speedo. So yeah i guess thats it.
    welcome, and thats Odo not speedo
    '06 wrx wr-blue

lol wow 3 hours of sleep really gets to ya.

no worries, we all have those days, I had them 7 days a week last year.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

Nice. I've test driven a lot of cars and I think the S2000 is close to the top of a very short list of cars I would consider trading the Scooby for.
    2004 White WRX (R.I.P.)
    2006 White TR replacement
    1998 V5 Grey STi

Quote Originally Posted by ArchangelF16 View Post
    Nice. I've test driven a lot of cars and I think the S2000 is close to the top of a very short list of cars I would consider trading the Scooby for.
    +1.

Best of luck with your search, and if you need a daily driver I am sure you will be pleased with the wrx.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by currahee474 View Post
    Hey everybody my name is Zach i have an 02 honda s2000. i love my car to death but recently ive been thinking i need a different DD. So i am here to learn as much as i can about the WRX..i hope to get an 02 or 03 with less than 50k on the speedo. So yeah i guess thats it.
    Why would you downgrade!
    2006 WRX TR

Quote Originally Posted by Bboy AJ View Post
    Why would you downgrade!
    i would not really concider that a down grade
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

well yea i guess it is a down grade
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by Bboy AJ View Post
    Why would you downgrade!
    Whether or not it is a downgrade is all relative to the persons needs I guess.

While in the general outlook, it would seem a downgrade, he needs a car that will be better for daily driving. The S2000 get superior gas mileage, handles better, brakes better, is faster, has a nicer interior, better tranny, looks betters, etc.... Which is why most (including me) might view it as a downgrade.
    However, the wrx does have more torque, more modability, seats 5, has 4doors,and can be driven in any weather conditions. This might offset the issue of a supposed downgrade if the practicality is really a large concern here.

That said, if it didn't snow in Chicago, there would be an S2000 in my driveway instead of a wrx
    Just call me Clark Kent

what kind of mileage do you see with the S2k? I usually see about 25 mpg in the WRX.

The s2000 was sweet when I drove one, but I like to have more than 1 passenger when I have them. If I somehow come into money in the near future (doubt it, but possible), an S2000 might be on the horizon to complement the WRX.
    2004 White WRX (R.I.P.)
    1998 V5 Grey STi

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Whether or not it is a downgrade is all relative to the persons needs I guess.

While in the general outlook, it would seem a downgrade, he needs a car that will be better for daily driving. The S2000 get superior gas mileage, handles better, brakes better, is faster, has a nicer interior, better tranny, looks betters, etc.... Which is why most (including me) might view it as a downgrade.
    However, the wrx does have more torque, more modability, seats 5, has 4doors,and can be driven in any weather conditions. This might offset the issue of a supposed downgrade if the practicality is really a large concern here.

That said, if it didn't snow in Chicago, there would be an S2000 in my driveway instead of a wrx
    QFT. I would stick withe S2K because it has the most beautiful transmission I have ever felt. It's a great car, like Donnie pointed out. 02-03 WRX transmissions are on the exact end of the spectrum. Klunky and could give out at any time.
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGeeWhiz View Post
    QFT. I would stick withe S2K because it has the most beautiful transmission I have ever felt. It's a great car, like Donnie pointed out. 02-03 WRX transmissions are on the exact end of the spectrum. Klunky and could give out at any time.
    What does QFT mean?
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGeeWhiz View Post
    +1 for the AMAZING S2000 tranny
    2004 White WRX (R.I.P.)
    1998 V5 Grey STi

Me thinks that s2000 and all those little convertibles are girly man cars, but that is my opinion... Yes, I know the s2k is ****ing fast but still think it is lame. Therefore I believe the wrx is an upgrade, but you should definitely go for STi.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast