Interested in WRX..current s2000 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Interested in WRX..current s2000 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Kreeker Me thinks that s2000 and all those little convertibles are girly man cars, but that is ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeker View Post
    Me thinks that s2000 and all those little convertibles are girly man cars, but that is my opinion... Yes, I know the s2k is ****ing fast but still think it is lame. Therefore I believe the wrx is an upgrade, but you should definitely go for STi.
    I know a lot more women that drive WRX's than s2000's
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Me thinks that s2000 and all those little convertibles are girly man cars, but that is my opinion... Yes, I know the s2k is ****ing fast but still think it is lame. Therefore I believe the wrx is an upgrade, but you should definitely go for STi.

Thats a really lame argument.

If the S2000 was a few grand cheaper (for a new one) and came as a coupe it's possible that I'd be driving one right now instead of the Z.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

You should spend a few extra g's to get a 02 STI rather then a WRX.

Oh and I don't know why you compare the WRX to the S2000. The MSRP of the S2000 is around $35,000 which would make it more comparable to the STI. This being said, the STI is faster, has AWD, and looks better IMHO.

I am sorry but I don't think the S2000 is a very good looking car. The Saturn Sky looks better then it...I guess I am just weird but I love the look of the WRX/STI more then even a vet.(I know that seems impossible but the only reason I wouldn't pass up a vet would be to sell it to get money AND a STI. ) Now a Dodge Viper and a Porche Carrera GT looks better in my eyes but most would agree with that. I hate toy look-a-like cars. (meaning all of the tiny cars out there including S2000 and Z3; It is just my preference but you can't just say any car looks better as a fact.(expect for the Scion xb...that thing is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ugly ))

So if you compare the cars that should be compared, the STI looks much more appealing.

Oh but I would say a 02 WRX would be a slight downgrade overall...a 06 on the other hand!!!!!!!would be a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by viperuws View Post
    Oh but I would say a 02 WRX would be a slight downgrade overall...a 06 on the other hand!!!!!!!would be a bit better.
    The 06 is still going to have a crappy transmission, won't handle as good, and won't be as fast as the S2000. I'd say thats a downgrade.

However the WRX would be an uprgade in practicality if that what you want.

The WRX and S2000 are being compared because he already has the S2K.

I'm not quite quite understand how you can like the looks of a impeza more than the S2000 or Z3 nor do I understand why you consider those toy like and not the little 4 door with a boy racer hoodscoop and spoiler. I guess that just goes to show how subjective aesthetics are. I mean I liked my WRX despite the way it looked not for how looked.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 10-28-2006 at 05:30 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    What does QFT mean?
    Quotted for truth.
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

You're 17 years old and drive a Taurus that you probably didn't even buy yourself. What do you know about being a man, boy?
    2006 WRX TR

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGeeWhiz View Post
    Quotted for truth.
    Ah, good to know
    Just call me Clark Kent

You should spend a few extra g's to get a 02 STI rather then a WRX.
    Good luck with that
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    The 06 is still going to have a crappy transmission, won't handle as good, and won't be as fast as the S2000. I'd say thats a downgrade.

However the WRX would be an uprgade in practicality if that what you want.

The WRX and S2000 are being compared because he already has the S2K.

I'm not quite quite understand how you can like the looks of a impeza more than the S2000 or Z3 nor do I understand why you consider those toy like and not the little 4 door with a boy racer hoodscoop and spoiler. I guess that just goes to show how subjective aesthetics are. I mean I liked my WRX despite the way it looked not for how looked.
    First off I never said a 06 would still not be a downgrade. I said it would be a bit better refering to an older model WRX. also he doesn't have a WRX so it would be more valid to compare a S2000 to a STI and I am guessing he can afford a 02 STI if he has a 02 S2000.

Second, I mean toy like as in small. they look like some rc car you would buy. Call me crazy but I just don't like the look of small cars. Well...I do like how the Lotus Elise looks, so not all small cars.

I mean I liked my WRX despite the way it looked not for how looked.
    What? I like my WRX for how it looks and how it is looked on by others. (if that is what you meant) If they think it's rice I laugh at them. If they think it's nice then that is good. I could have bought a mustang or mazda but the thing is that I love the way my WRX looks. What you call "boy racer" I call style and additude. Only wish I could have afforded a STI.
    Last edited by viperuws; 10-30-2006 at 06:39 AM.

I didn't buy it, it was sitting in my driveway for 3 years.... Should I have bought it off my mom?
    Most people would agree that they would rather have a STi than a s2000.

You a better DD? Get a Civic... seriously! If you want a fun DD, get a Civic Si 4 door. WRX or STi arent much of a daily driver, especially once you start modding it.

it would be more valid to compare a S2000 to a STI and I am guessing he can afford a 02 STI if he has a 02 S2000.
    For the SECOND time, there is no such thing as a USDM 2002 STi. It was introduced to the states in 2004.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    For the SECOND time, there is no such thing as a USDM 2002 STi. It was introduced to the states in 2004.
    I was wondering why nobody was picking up on your first comment.
    2002 WRB Wagon
    Cobb Stg 1

"You just got beat by a station wagon!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by currahee474 View Post
    Hey everybody my name is Zach i have an 02 honda s2000. i love my car to death but recently ive been thinking i need a different DD. So i am here to learn as much as i can about the WRX..i hope to get an 02 or 03 with less than 50k on the speedo. So yeah i guess thats it.
    I traded my S2000 for a WRX...and dont regret it for a minute.

I dont think you would be disappointed with the WRX. More room, a lot more comfortable, AWD vs. the seemingly tailslide happy S2000, generally less expensive to modify.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

First off I never said a 06 would still not be a downgrade. I said it would be a bit better refering to an older model WRX. also he doesn't have a WRX so it would be more valid to compare a S2000 to a STI and I am guessing he can afford a 02 STI if he has a 02 S2000.

Second, I mean toy like as in small. they look like some rc car you would buy. Call me crazy but I just don't like the look of small cars. Well...I do like how the Lotus Elise looks, so not all small cars.

What? I like my WRX for how it looks and how it is looked on by others. (if that is what you meant) If they think it's rice I laugh at them. If they think it's nice then that is good. I could have bought a mustang or mazda but the thing is that I love the way my WRX looks. What you call "boy racer" I call style and additude. Only wish I could have afforded a STI.

Different strokes for different folks.

I was a bit rude before I apologize. It must have been the beetus acting up.
    FORZA FERRARI

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.