07 STI Limited for $26,000?! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 07 STI Limited for ,000?! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i got mine for about 26k, and i am enjoying it very much. the sti was offered to me around ...

i just bought the 07 wrx ltd

i got mine for about 26k, and i am enjoying it very much. the sti was offered to me around 32k but including the insurance: i was looking at about $800-$1000 a month. i really wanted an sti but the payments were to high. besides, i rather be a member of subaru family instead of another.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's pretty unlikely you're going to get the car for that price because they'll claim it was typographical error (although he didn't include a statement in the email saying we are not responsible for any errors). As the few previous posters said, since the cars seem to be going for around $32,000 I think you should take that email in there and explain to them that you would have never even bothered coming down to the dealership if the price you were given wasn't so low. Tell them that you aren't going to buy a car for more than $29,000 and you feel like you were tricked into coming into the dealership because of the email that was sent to you. Tell them you feel its bad customer service on their part as well as bad business practices (without being a prick about it) and see if you can get them to cut down the price.

Grayson Subaru hit the nail on the head!

NO dealership is going to sell ANY hot car for a loss! E-mail or not. Before I got my STI Limited I spent three full days going around to ALL (Yes ALL) the Subie dealers in Chicagoland to try and get a better price. Only to find out that the dealer, (who by day two was FULLY aware of me doing that and would NOT dealer trade this car to anybody) would rather wait a week or month and sell the car for MSRP. It also had $1750 worth of SPT 'Power Pack' crap (the jurys still out whether or not is was worth it (Stay tuned)) which the dealer 'gave' (nothings ever really given is money trades hands) to me for $35,000 cash OTD. Nope NOT the best deal out there but probably one of the better ones in the Chicagoland area for a limited STI.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX STI w/SPT View Post
    NO dealership is going to sell ANY hot car for a loss! E-mail or not. Before I got my STI Limited I spent three full days going around to ALL (Yes ALL) the Subie dealers in Chicagoland to try and get a better price. Only to find out that the dealer, (who by day two was FULLY aware of me doing that and would NOT dealer trade this car to anybody) would rather wait a week or month and sell the car for MSRP. It also had $1750 worth of SPT 'Power Pack' crap (the jurys still out whether or not is was worth it (Stay tuned)) which the dealer 'gave' (nothings ever really given is money trades hands) to me for $35,000 cash OTD. Nope NOT the best deal out there but probably one of the better ones in the Chicagoland area for a limited STI.
    There are time when we might take a loss on a car -- demo, REALLY OLD unit or something like that, but i dont see any dealer taking a loss on a WRX or STI unit. They might go into holdback and dealer cash, but they rarely lose money.

The SPT exhaust, intake, heatshield is supposed to add something like 40-45 hp on the STI models. We have not had an STI with it, but have had a WRX with it and it does have a noticeable difference. I think the add on the WRX's is 17-20 hp. you can feel it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

See this is funny cause I had an 06 WRX "Limited' Wagon for a week but had also bought the rear differential cover which, according to Subaru and GOD means 'NO SPT exhaust for you"! SO I am tooling around with either 230 bhp or 227 (depending on which brochure/person/website you go to) and having a blast. Then I see this STI "limited' with 338 BHP on the window and NO goofy (for ME this is NOT meant to offend ANYBODY!) rear wing. A real sleeper! So I try and work a deal out. Yea right!! We will get MSRP for this + SPT $1750 for about $37,500 PLUS TTL+docs. Well I just spent $25,000 OTD on the 06 Limited 5-speed (the 07 Limited wagon with auto was $29,000 AND was and still IS the only wagon in a 13 state area). I won't give out dealer info cause I am sure I would be britching some rule on the forums but you can do an inventory check and see it. (hint it is the ONLY LLC dealer in Chicagoland) Anyway after three very full days of trying to get a better deal I just caved and got my slower (for now at least!) STI "limited" with SPT. I took a thousand dollar hit on the wagon (which I suppose could be worse) and paid the rest in cash. Hot cars mean full or close to MSRP. No questions asked!

See this is funny cause I had an 06 WRX "Limited' Wagon for a week but had also bought the rear differential cover which, according to Subaru and GOD means 'NO SPT exhaust for you"! SO I am tooling around with either 230 bhp or 227 (depending on which brochure/person/website you go to) and having a blast. Then I see this STI "limited' with 338 BHP on the window and NO goofy (for ME this is NOT meant to offend ANYBODY!) rear wing. A real sleeper! So I try and work a deal out. Yea right!! We will get MSRP for this + SPT $1750 for about $37,500 PLUS TTL+docs. Well I just spent $25,000 OTD on the 06 Limited 5-speed (the 07 Limited wagon with auto was $29,000 AND was and still IS the only wagon in a 13 state area). I won't give out dealer info cause I am sure I would be britching some rule on the forums but you can do an inventory check and see it. (hint it is the ONLY LLC dealer in Chicagoland) Anyway after three very full days of trying to get a better deal I just caved and got my slower (for now at least!) STI "limited" with SPT. I took a thousand dollar hit on the wagon (which I suppose could be worse) and paid the rest in cash. Hot cars mean full or close to MSRP. No questions asked!
    We just sold our 2006 WRX limited wagon, 5 speed. it was WR BLUE. we have two 2007 5mt wagons now too. . i still think we might have one 2006 5mt wagon left, but dont didnt happen to notice it today offhand.

going to do any adds to the Limited? One of the ones we sold already has different wheels/tires on it. the other has had tint put on. the first one sold with the wheels change is on its major road trip back to CA... the other one is a local guy.

i dont think anyone will be offended about the STI limited lip comment. some people like it and some do not. I am wingless so i dont even have a lip spoiler. going back and forth on adding the limited lip spoiler to mine...but who knows yet.

How about a 07 WRX Limited Wagon Automatic? Or is the one in Tinley Park really the only one out there in the MIDWEST? If the dealer would have budged off of $29,000 OTD I would be driving that now and NOT my STI "Limited". Maybe he did me a favor!!

How about a 07 WRX Limited Wagon Automatic? Or is the one in Tinley Park really the only one out there in the MIDWEST? If the dealer would have budged off of $29,000 OTD I would be driving that now and NOT my STI "Limited". Maybe he did me a favor!!
    i dont know what we have in an auto wagon at the moment. i know of a couple sedans, but did not check out the two trucks that came today. they had wagons, but i never got to check out the vehicles that came off of it. i doubt we had an auto wagon though. we dont sell many wagons anyway...most are sedans.

definitely did you a favor by you to ending up with a LIMITED.

Yea I know it. Also the Mitsu Dealer for NOT selling there 06 EVO RS for a cent under $27,000.OTD. I almost caved but could see a Subaru dealer down the road and wanted to see what the competition had in store. Lucky for me it was an 07 STI with this SPT package on it. Although I must confess that the Evo RS could really move OUT!

Congrats on the Limited though..i think you made a better choice, especially as you have the STI for while and the quality of the car shows you why you made a good choice.

Seth:

I see you are online right now. I just tried to call you at Grayson and left a message on your voicemail. Thanks!

Just PMed you (i was hunting for food apparently when you called)

Coll thanks and I replyed back with spelling errors too!

heh...

Sadly I think the letter is fake... There is no way an '07 Limited STi would go for anything below 31,000, and I believe that even a reg is still around that price. But you really did get the crowd going. =P

I will be the first to admit I took in the backside.

I wanted the LTD and the dealer had an LTD with all the SPT installed so I did NOT get any real deal other then a great and pretty darn quick car! <dealers reaction after I left the dealership!> He paid WHAT???!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast