Unable to Drive Manual
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Unable to Drive Manual within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Two weeks ago I ruptured my left achilles tendon, while playing soccer. Found out yesterday, I will probably need surgery. ...

Unable to Drive Manual

Two weeks ago I ruptured my left achilles tendon, while playing soccer. Found out yesterday, I will probably need surgery. Do you think I could operate the clutch with a cane, or a crutch ? Anyway... Looks like my car will be chilling in the garage for a couple months

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

that sucks I dont know what I would do if I couldn't drive the rex, but I you got really good you could shift without even using the clutch even though it is not recomended, but to shift with a crutch I think would be very dificult
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

The one downside of driving manual...
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone
    The one downside of driving manual...
    + 1 sucks man! hope you heal Fast !
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Peachypumpkincheeks

Ouch man, sorry to hear! Do you have a back up ride? At least your WRX will be sittin' pretty in the garage and not out accumulating miles (higher resale value )
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Hire a midget to run the pedals for you.

Thanks for the encouragment. My wife has been driving me around in her Corolla. I wish I finished teaching her how to drive a manual. Now, we are stuck sharing one car. I am planning on turning my WRX on once a week to keep the liquids from settling too much.

One weird thing I noticed was my coolant reservor was empty. Must have come low from the dealer when I bought it. It's been hot in Texas the past few months, but I have never heard of a car running out of coolant that fast. I hope I don't have a leak.

Oh man does that suck. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Maybe you can just use your right foot.
    Could always have the wife finish learning how to drive 5speed.
    April 04 WRBlue Pearl MT <--"Stitch"
    Mods: Premium Package,STI short shifter and titanuim knob,Momo Airleather shift knob,Rota Formels 17's,AP Stage 2,Coolsafe Thermostat, Apexi Intake, RallyArmor mudflaps, Bosal Cat-back exhaust, Crucial Racing Down-pipe, gold painted calipers,daddy's group buy 3 52mm gagues, center pod, delphi xm radio, JVC CD reciever

Quote Originally Posted by colt

One weird thing I noticed was my coolant reservor was empty. Must have come low from the dealer when I bought it. It's been hot in Texas the past few months, but I have never heard of a car running out of coolant that fast. I hope I don't have a leak.
    My wrx seemed to go through coolant quicker than other cars I've had. Probably normal. Just keep an eye on it.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Are you sure? I thought so, too, but the coolant tank doesn't "appear" full. Use the measuring stick in it to see if it's empty or not.

I thought mine was empty but it really wasn't.
    2006 WRX TR

I will check the coolant with a measuring stick. I am pretty sure there is still coolant left in the car, its just really low. Which I thought was strange.

Sorry to hear you can't drive your car...
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

you need a helper monkey.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

that really sucks i hope you make a quick recovery too.

I have weak ankles (both of them which sucks a$$) and i tend to roll my ankles pretty easy. now i've never needed surgery, thankfully, but the first time )before i discovered they were weak) that i hurt one of them really bad, i needed like months and months of therapy. and i've ALWAYS had a stick car. i was stuck driving my ex's car around that was an auto. i tried driving my car, but just even putting a LITTLE bit of pressure on it hurt like a b*tch.

so i feel your pain.
    Sarah
    Blobeye Syndicate #69

"If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg

Thanks for the encouragment. My wife has been driving me around in her Corolla. I wish I finished teaching her how to drive a manual. Now, we are stuck sharing one car. I am planning on turning my WRX on once a week to keep the liquids from settling too much.

Man that stinks. sorry to hear. What yr corolla? I have a 2006 LE fully loaded and love it! Quick for an auto!

Hope you get better soon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.