Hello - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Hello within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by cbailey The acceleration and handling, is what makes me want one, I am a true Chevy man ...

Quote Originally Posted by cbailey
    The acceleration and handling, is what makes me want one, I am a true Chevy man but I can settle for a Subaru WRX STi though I always thought the only import I'd buy was a nissan, but weighing all the options, Subaru comes out on top. .
    Surprisingly, of all the domestic owning fanboi friends I have, just about all of them love the STi and would take that as their first choice if they "had" to get an import.
    In fact, I have known a few die hard V8 domestic guys to go from their LS1's to STi's and Evo's.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I appreciate all the welcomes, I will be keeping my Camaro, im getting the STi as a "daily driver" I'll get it while im in the Airforce, im currently on Delayed deployment, but I hope to get stationed in the mid US or out of country, hopefully Okinawa for a while.
    I want an STI, but I love my car:
    1975 Type LT GMPP Crate 350 Vortec,Rebuilt TH350, B&M Holeshot 2600 Stall, Flowtech Ceramic Coated Headers, Holley Fuel kit, Msd Ignition, Custom Flowmasters,Adj Drag shocks.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...cture002-1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../350300hps.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Surprisingly, of all the domestic owning fanboi friends I have, just about all of them love the STi and would take that as their first choice if they "had" to get an import.
    In fact, I have known a few die hard V8 domestic guys to go from their LS1's to STi's and Evo's.
    wow! very cool, but why not a corolla?

nah I like corollas, I have one, but I might just own an sti one day

Quote Originally Posted by cbailey
    I appreciate all the welcomes, I will be keeping my Camaro, im getting the STi as a "daily driver" I'll get it while im in the Airforce, im currently on Delayed deployment, but I hope to get stationed in the mid US or out of country, hopefully Okinawa for a while.
    good luck man. you will love the sti, and japan is a nice country

Goodluck with the STI
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

I Support ClubWRX

Smile

Welcome!

If you haven't already driven the STi much, you will notice it is very different from driving a rwd Camaro with a beefy V8. Coming from the Camaro, I imagine it will take a little getting used to. If you really appreciate the many things the STi excels at, you will love the car.

If you REALLY want to throw the car through some twisties, take the long way to Hiawassee GA. I drove there once in my STi on a get-away weekend for the wife & I... Don't tell my wife but I don't which I enjoyed more, the drive there or private time once we got there.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12