New, and enthusiastic about my WRX!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New, and enthusiastic about my WRX! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone just wanted to say hi and its nice to meet you all, have had my wrx tr for ...

Talking New, and enthusiastic about my WRX!

Hey everyone just wanted to say hi and its nice to meet you all, have had my wrx tr for about 2 months now and got about 3000 saved up and once i get to about 5k i want to go on a shoppin spree for my car! I was thinking of the COBB catback exhaust, short throw shifter, boost gague, cobb ECU tuner, cobb Heatshield, bigger tmic,new fuel rail and pump.... If you guys have any other suggestions that you think i can squeeze in with that amount of money would be a big help!!! Thanks everyone and I hope to talk to you all soon!

David

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Also can someone tell me how to put a pic up under my name like everyone else has, i just cant find it thanks again later all

Welcome to the club!

I wouldn't spend money on the tmic just yet. I have heard you wont need one unless you upgrade your turbo. I think the same goes for the fuel rails and pump but you will have to see if anyone else can give you info about that or search around yourself. Might as well save the money and get new tires or something anyways considering winter is coming up!

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

Here are some links that will help you spend your mod money:
    The "Good first mods" sticky
    And here's great coverage of FAQs from NASIOC.

Post up some pics of your TR!

Also, to post a pic under your user name (called an avatar), go to 'User CP' at the top left of your screen (3 inches down from the top). Select 'Edit Avatar' from the left hand column. Then you can 'Browse' to find the avatar on your desktop or enter the website of the picture (link must end in jpg or gif). Then 'Save Changes'. And that's it!

Note: Avatar can only be 180x180 pixels or 19.5kb (whichever is smaller).
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

thanks guys

hey just wanted to say thanks for making me feel welcome and for all the great advice!

David

With $5k I would go stage 2 (downpipe/exhaust/engine management), the spend the rest of the money on the suspension and the brakes, springs, swaybars, some stiffer bushings and SS brake lines and pads.

I have seen people say engine management wuite a few times but what does that really consist of? thanks for the help guys.

David

Welcome !
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by Warguy
    I have seen people say engine management wuite a few times but what does that really consist of? thanks for the help guys.

David
    Pssst...you should read the info in those links I gave you....

Engine Management FAQ
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I wouldn't go for the downpipe in CA.. You'll definitley have problems smogging it. Just do a catback ..

Quote Originally Posted by LIV 2 RLY
    With $5k I would go stage 2 (downpipe/exhaust/engine management), the spend the rest of the money on the suspension and the brakes, springs, swaybars, some stiffer bushings and SS brake lines and pads.
    for 5K i think he can go bigger turbo, FMIC, Injectors, Fuel pump, Downpipe, Cobb AP.

Cobb AP = ~ $ 550
    DP = ~ $ 350
    Turbo = ~ $ 1200 - 1400
    Injectors + Fuel pump = ~ $700
    FMIC = ~ $1100.
    -----------------------------------------
    Total = $3900

so you will still have money for suspencion + brakes or just for the bling bling.

I would also sugest to buy beers for your pals at clubwrx.net ... you can start with me.
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

what he said^ and i would def get the downpipe.

hello fellow TR....welcome to the club
    Jeff
    All In Automotive
    http://www.allinautomotive.com
    Car and automotive related news.

2006 WRX TR, Cobb Stage 2, Invidia DP, SPT Intake, KB shifter and bushings, Tanabe GF210s.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.