2004 Subaru WRX: To Buy or Not

This is a discussion on 2004 Subaru WRX: To Buy or Not within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, new to Club WRX. I use to be a huge Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged fan. But until a ...

2004 Subaru WRX: To Buy or Not

Hey guys, new to Club WRX.

I use to be a huge Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged fan. But until a few days ago, I visited my friend at his work. (A sales rep for my local car dealership). I came in to check out the new 2007 Black Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged. Wow, the car looked amazingly sweet.

My friend isn't into Cobalt SS's, so he takes me down the street to the Subaru complex. We walked around and looked at the new 2007 Subaru Impreza's, not a bad car but I wanted more performance so we looked at the 2007 Subaru WRX. Slick car, but too pricey. Just then, I noticed a silver 2004 Subaru WRX. Body styling a bit different and interiro definately different. The WRX was used with only 3700 miles. Popped the hood and noticed it had after-market parts such as APS CAI and HKS BOV along with some sort of 3" downpipe all for $20,991. My friend said he could drop the price down to about $18,000 plus 0% interest.

Would you guys consider this offer? Yes or no? And why please.

My spending limit is about $20,000.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

With those mods it makes me think the car may have been beat on. A CAI is no good as well as the BOV. Are they going to warranty the car with the given mods on it?
    Cobb Stage 2

The dealership said the original factory warranty is still good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony88
    The dealership said the original factory warranty is still good.
    get that in writing, with them acknowledging the mods on the car and then talk to them.

oh and welcome dont drop the soap
    Cobb Stage 2

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

The '04 WRX does sound like a good deal, despite the mods (which can easily be replaced). No matter what, I'd have a trusted mechanic look it over for good measure. Also, check out the 'Car Purchasing Forum' here, it will provide some useful advice. Good luck!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

3700 miles isn't really enough miles to have beat the hell out of it. I'd be more worried about the break in. If the original owner broke it in properly before the mods went on it should be OK.
    My water heater has a blow off valve.

Quote Originally Posted by e-merlin
    3700 miles isn't really enough miles to have beat the hell out of it. I'd be more worried about the break in. If the original owner broke it in properly before the mods went on it should be OK.
    +1 4k isnt really enough to beat a car up. Its a good price too. I vote get it, and take those mods off and cell them. Get an accessport and enjoy!

PS Welcome

3,700 miles doesn't seem like the car has been beat up. But I was also worried if it was broken in correctly. Tommorow I'm heading back to the dealership and will have one of their mechanics take a look at it. Hopefully the mechanic guy isn't one of those guys who's willing to feed you b.s. so it will help them sell the car.