I want a WRX like kids want Candy!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on I want a WRX like kids want Candy! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, my name is Dawn. I own a 2006 Civic Si that is about to undergo major mods. I'm a ...

I want a WRX like kids want Candy!

Hi, my name is Dawn. I own a 2006 Civic Si that is about to undergo major mods. I'm a Navy reservist and headed to Kuwait next month and as soon as I get back plan on getting a new WRX.

I'm very active on the Honda forums and community and I'm looking foward to becoming a member of the Subaru community as well. I'm keeping my Si but it's going to be my speed demon/ weekend warrior and also because I love it and I've spent a ton of money on it! I would like to keep the WRX stock, but I know I won't. I'm hoping to learn alot on here.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good luck with your plan, when do you think you'll be back from Kuwait?
    1986 Porsche 944 Turbo (951)
    1992 BMW 525i (beater)

Welcome to the club..
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

Welcome to the club. I'm kind of in the same boat as you.

Quote Originally Posted by aquatarkus
    Good luck with your plan, when do you think you'll be back from Kuwait?

November 16th of next year. I know it's a year away but that gives me time to finish paying off my Si and it'll be in the shop for a while getting the turbo installed and all that kind of stuff. I'll have lots of time to study this car and get ready for it as a new addition to my garage.

Quote Originally Posted by limekid
    Welcome to the club. I'm kind of in the same boat as you.
    Are you a deployed reservist too?

Peachypumpkincheeks

Dawn, and welcome to The Club!!!!

You'll definitely learn a LOT about subies here! Of course, it'll only temporarily satisfy your hunger until you can actually get a WRX (next year!? )

Post up some pics of your SI in the meantime! And what you're having done to it.

P.S. Thanks for serving our country.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Welcome to the club!

I personaly would keep the Si stock as it is a fairly comfortable car to have as a daily driver. More comfy then my 06 I would have to say. And you can mod your WRX to be fast in a drag and a track while the Si is somewhat limited on a track. Then again the awd will be nice in bad weather.

lucky you will have 2 awesome cars.

welcome to the club. when i was searching for a vehicle i had it narrowed down to civic si and wrx tr. i went with the wrx, but the si is still a formidable car. man that is so cool you will have both
    06' WRB TR(Stock)

Welcome !
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Sorry. Huge Post!

Thank you everyone for the Welcome.

I started modding the Si as soon as I got it. So far it has:
    GReddy EVO II Catback exhaust
    Injen CAI
    Comptech Short Throw shifter
    CorSport Metal bushings
    Skunk 2 weighted shift knob
    TEIN SS Full coilovers with EDFC (getting installed next wed)
    Progress Sway bar
    SPC Camber adjusters( same day install as the suspension)
    Enkei RPM2 wheels in Hyperblack
    Toyo Proxes T1Rs

Since I bought it I added some "pretty" parts:
    HFP kit (looks better)
    Fog lights
    Cleared headlights
    Smoked tails
    tint
    no stickers (except for my 8thcivic.com sticker on the rear window)

I'm planning on getting a custom turbo built and installed while I'm gone, upgrade the tranny and brakes, a CF OEM hood, S2000 projector lights, An Eclipse navi retro. Thats about it. No big kits, no vinyls, nothing over the top just sleek and fast is what I like.

I'm a hondaholic! I'm a moderator over at www.8thcivic.com, my name over there is Atruhondagrl. I love my Hondas. But I just have so much love for Subarus it's crazy.

Here's some pics.

Mine is the blue Si on the right with nothing on it. April 2006. Blah.

well you know....not ALL kids want candy...like all the kids with diabeetus.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    well you know....not ALL kids want candy...like all the kids with diabeetus.
    I never had that problem. My problem was that my mom wouldn't let me have any! I guess adult hood is my rebelious age. Then again, diatetes runs in my family so there's always sugar free candy.

Monty Python! Nice avatar. God I love Monty Python.
    Last edited by Damaca; 10-17-2006 at 07:39 AM.

Welcome to the club. Before my WRX I owned an ancestor (02 Type-S) to the 06 SI and love both of the cars.

I am curious and wanted to know if were aware of any differences between the 05-06 Type-S motor and the new 06-07 Si motor. I have heard Honda made some changes to the 06+ Si motor.

Quote Originally Posted by HelperMonkey
    Welcome to the club. Before my WRX I owned an ancestor (02 Type-S) to the 06 SI and love both of the cars.

I am curious and wanted to know if were aware of any differences between the 05-06 Type-S motor and the new 06-07 Si motor. I have heard Honda made some changes to the 06+ Si motor.
    A balancing rod. That's about it. 4 hp, 1lb of torque and a lot of noise set the two apart. Lucky for the Si owners that want to go allmotor, that means theres quite a few interchangable parts.

Haha. I forgot about this thread. Well, it took me longer than planned but June 5th of this year, I.finally got a WRX. I picked up an '07 TR with 45k on it and one owner. Let me just say that I love this car as much as I thought I would have back when I.made this thread.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.