Going to be new member.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Going to be new member. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, my name is Jakub i'm 23 and going to be purchasing a 04 wrx either today or tomorrow ...

Going to be new member.

Hey everyone, my name is Jakub i'm 23 and going to be purchasing a 04 wrx either today or tomorrow from ManchesterSubaru. I live in vermont so this car will deff be an upgrade from my 01 chevy cavilear. Just wanted to know what i should be looking at when taking the car for a drive? Any known problems with the 04's? Any information woudl be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey welcome to the club.

When your test driving make sure you get the car up to temp. and take it for at least a 2 mile drive. Try to drive it in town traffic and some highway. Look/listen for anything that knocks, leaks, grinds, squeaks or smells (such as hot fluids (radiator, tranny, or oil)). Remember you're the one buying the car, you are in charge!!
    Put your bones on the line joust the Dragon on US 129!!!

Deadbolt 20g TD06H 8cm^2, 255lph Walbro, 750cc Deutchwerks injectors, 3 piece UD pulley set, K&N Typhoon, Cobb TBE, Cobb heat shield, one step colder plugs, dyno tuned.

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

Show us pics when you get her!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Welcome to the boards! My car is from Manchester Subaru as well. My dealer was Ray Walsh, great guy.

Be sure to introduce yourself to the New England States forum. Join New England F4
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

As soon as you get this car, IMMEDIATELY order a catless uppipe.

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    Welcome to the boards! My car is from Manchester Subaru as well. My dealer was Ray Walsh, great guy.

Be sure to introduce yourself to the New England States forum. Join New England F4

That's funny, he's the one i've been talking too. Right now i'm coming up with a list of cars to look at cause it's a good 2 hours from where i am so i wana look at a few before making a final decision.

Quote Originally Posted by vtracer20
    That's funny, he's the one i've been talking too. Right now i'm coming up with a list of cars to look at cause it's a good 2 hours from where i am so i wana look at a few before making a final decision.
    definetly. Oh and what i did was I went to the manchester subaru website, looked at their new car inventory and saw they had the car I wanted. So from there you can make an offer online. I said $24,000 for a 05 WRX w/ Premium package ($27,000 mrsp). They emailed me back saying "ok." Then when I got there I met up w/ Ray and he got the $24,000 offer from the internet sales guy and we started talking options. In the end it cost me $24,850 ($850 for the options...boost gauge and short shift kit installed).

Not sure how far you are from the Lakes Region but my Father's Outback 2.5XT is from Belknap Subaru in Blemont, NH. They actually gave me a better deal of $24,300 but Ray was so nice, worked with my schedule, and had the car on the lot I decided to stay with them.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Update!

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that the 04 that i was looking at got sold on me before i got a chance too look at it. So the choices are 05 wrx w/ 43K miles/5spd/blue for 18900 or a 05 vw jetta GLI (only nice looking one), less hp but looks much better, 1.8t engine looks really good. I'm leaning toward the wrx

Oh yeah....what u guys get for mpg on ur wrx's, 5spd only plz.

If you get that 1.8T, it's not a bad consolation. Those things can be made incredibly fast. Strong motor, love 'em.
    2006 WRX TR

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.