Finally Got My 07 Wrx Limited - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Finally Got My 07 Wrx Limited within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by wannabewrx yea its a limited. 07, the first one they got. i got a blue. so in ...

Quote Originally Posted by wannabewrx
    yea its a limited. 07, the first one they got. i got a blue. so in regards to the rpm, when on a upward hill, what is your best recommendation. i set the clutch in but how do i gas??????????? p.s. i am at work therefore i will post pix later tonight.

does anyone live near the longbeach/cerritos/downey area.
    well, if its so steep that you're afraid to roll backwards into something, use your ebrake. Put a little load on the motor, and then let the ebrake out. Eventually, you'll get enough of a feel for the car where you'll be able to just jump off the brake and get enough push to get going but not stall or roll backwards, but until you DO get a feel, just use the ebrake you keep yourself from rolling back.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

thanks. i am going to drive all night after work and take pictures. only sad part is i have to break it in...

also as a new member, when do you recommend the first oil change? i read that many get it after their break in. and if i should start off on synthetic oli for my first oil change. first time owner for a new car, but had a used acura integra which still runs great.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabewrx
    thanks. i am going to drive all night after work and take pictures. only sad part is i have to break it in...

also as a new member, when do you recommend the first oil change? i read that many get it after their break in. and if i should start off on synthetic oli for my first oil change. first time owner for a new car, but had a used acura integra which still runs great.
    there are different schools of thought on this. On paper, as long as you're using API-certified oils, they should all work.

However, some would argue that synthetic oil reduces wear so much that your break-in doesn't happen right.

So...first oil change @1000 miles w/ conventional oil....just to get all the crap out that may be in there from the factory. (this is not REALLY necessary....I didn't do it).

continue oil changes every 3k miles with conventional oil until 9000 miles. at 12000 switch to synthetic. You may want to increase your oil change intervals to 4500 at this point.

SOA recomends oil changes every 4500 anyway.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12