Hey!

This is a discussion on Hey! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, my name's Henry, I'm 17 and I'm from the Chicagoland area! My current car is a metallic blue 1986 ...

Hey!

Hey, my name's Henry, I'm 17 and I'm from the Chicagoland area! My current car is a metallic blue 1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S hatchback. I participate in many autocrosses, some rallycrosses (1 being a stage rally) and I just start road racing. I really got into rallying so I am now on a hunt for a Rex or just an Impreza to make it the car I rally with. Chances are there is no way I can afford a new WRX or STi, I can't use m corolla because it's setup to autocross and road race only, so was thinking of just buying a 2.3L and swapping parts from the 2.5 and turbocharging the motor so the car can make some more power. The car will be used for stage rallying and rally crosses so before I did motor work I was planning to prep the car to participate first (strip, cage, seats, electronic equipment, etc.).
    Anyhow, I hope to meet some members around the area (even though I dont have a subaru :-( )
    -Henry

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome! You don't want to rally a new car anyway, that's just crazy.

I Support ClubWRX
    If I was you I'd try to find the oldest 2.5rs you can find with either high miles or a blown motor. From there I'd try to source a usdm swap and plob it in there. You'll have a fair amount work, but if you are building a rally car it doesnt have to have the fit and finish of a street car.

You'd have light weight and incrediable power. It will be expensive and would probaly totally cost 7-10k.

I'm sure some rally heads can jump in with more advice shortly.

+2 on not rallying a new car.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

welcome !

This is what you do. First you need a sh*# ton of money. Second you call Vermont Sports Car in Colchester VT. For a small fortune they will rent you a Rally car all set up, provide vehicle transportation to and from the track. They also provide you with a 5 man crew for all maintnance on the car during the race and will repair whatever you might break during the race. All you have to do is show up at the track.www.vermontsportscar.com
    "You were flyin back there when I passed you!"

NEW ENGLANDF4

Quote Originally Posted by sti>evo
    This is what you do. First you need a sh*# ton of money. Second you call Vermont Sports Car in Colchester VT. For a small fortune they will rent you a Rally car all set up, provide vehicle transportation to and from the track. They also provide you with a 5 man crew for all maintnance on the car during the race and will repair whatever you might break during the race. All you have to do is show up at the track.www.vermontsportscar.com

Sorry but that link is not working. Just use your normal browser to acces that page.
    "You were flyin back there when I passed you!"

NEW ENGLANDF4

^^^ your silly

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

Rallying has always been a pipe dream for me. But you gotta have a lot of spare cash to get into it! Good luck!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar