Finally Arrived! ...081/800. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Finally Arrived! ...081/800. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; o yea one more thing i dont think that a bra of any kind clear or not is good for ...

o yea one more thing i dont think that a bra of any kind clear or not is good for the paint... but thats just my opinion

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Vez
    The leather color is officially "anthracite". In all of the pics I've seen, the leather looks a lot lighter than it does in person. I would call it a dark gray or charcoal (jet black would have been nicer).

Thaddy, thank you for posting all those pics; that was greatly appreciated.
    Makes sense. Mine is quite dark, but then again, I condition mine every few weeks so its always good and dark. You are right about about the "anthracite". Unlike ordinary dark grays, blacks, and charcoals, anthracite has the ability to reflect light, thus, allowing the leather seats not to get extremely hot in direst sunlight. Always a plus in that hot summer sun. I got anthracite wheels to accentuate the leather interior as well. Ya ya, wheels are on the outside, but hey, I look at it as an entire package, heh.

And long live the heated seats. Luxury and performance are always a pleasant gift, heh.
    gary noonan | senior artist | animator
    Bethesda Game Studios

Yes, the interior appears darker in person than on camera.

Clear Bra is not a traditional car bra, it's new tech and is very popular with exotic crowd. My installer even put the clear bra on a half million dollar Porsche Carrera GT.

Here in NorCal the freeways really take a beating on the car's nose, and I've had cars with and without clear bra. For a car as nice as the STI Ltd, it makes sense to me.

Here's a pic of the Ltd with clear bra installed. it goes up the hood maybe 1/3 and covers the entire front fascia area, headlights, and side mirrors.

Regarding the rear difffuser:

Nice!!

I have yet to see someone purchase a Satin White Limited....
    -Bruce

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seanl
    Clear Bra is not a traditional car bra, it's new tech and is very popular with exotic crowd. My installer even put the clear bra on a half million dollar Porsche Carrera GT.

Here in NorCal the freeways really take a beating on the car's nose, and I've had cars with and without clear bra. For a car as nice as the STI Ltd, it makes sense to me.

Here's a pic of the Ltd with clear bra installed. it goes up the hood maybe 1/3 and covers the entire front fascia area, headlights, and side mirrors.
    Is it really noticeable or does it blend in really well? More pics of the clearbra....
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

Whats the price on the STI Limited???? Is it the same as a regular STI???

Vez
    I could barely see a line on the hood for the bra....I really like the idea. I think I'm going to do some research.

The price was $34,1XX (can't remember the base price, I'll have to check). The total after tax, tags, etc was $36,765 but that included a short throw shifter ($451).

VXSS...are there pics of your car somewhere? I'd love to see it. I would eventually like new wheels. I really like the gun metal color, but I have only looked a a handful since that purchase is in the far distant future.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

here's a closeup.....

My Ltd stickered at 34,950. I also had the dealer add the STI short throw shifter (+$350 installed).

I paid $500 under MSRP. Worth every penny!

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seanl
    here's a closeup.....
    I really will take that clearbra into consideration when/if I ever get a new car.
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by mustangtx63
    I really will take that clearbra into consideration when/if I ever get a new car.
    +1
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Vez
    VXSS...are there pics of your car somewhere? I'd love to see it. I would eventually like new wheels. I really like the gun metal color, but I have only looked a a handful since that purchase is in the far distant future.
    The only pic that exists of mine, and its horrible. I think the digital cam is entering the fossil stage now.

Bethesda Game Studios

Vez
    That looks great! I love the wheels! The tires look like a lower profile too...?

Thanks for posting the pic, very sharp.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

Seriously bad pic, but you get the idea.

Ya, lower profile tires. Also dropped on Cobb springs with Cobb sways and strut towers. The pic gives it a lopsided appearance because of the mild driveway grade. But, those are the Motegi Anthracite wheels. They match the interior quite well as both have that extreme subtle metal flake look as well. I will bet that with some Prodrive springs, the STI LTD would look very sick. Cant recommend the Cobbs for it since they REALLY dump it on the ground.

Really would have liked it if the STi Limited came in a WRB though.... I may have held out 1/2 a year for the release before getting the '06. I like the gunmetal but if it were just a bit darker.... and as for the white, well, cant help ya at all with that color, heh.
    Bethesda Game Studios

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123