new to boards..just got a black 06 wrx...

This is a discussion on new to boards..just got a black 06 wrx... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys..just got a new black 06 wrx and i was wondering what should be the first thing i should ...

new to boards..just got a black 06 wrx...

hey guys..just got a new black 06 wrx and i was wondering what should be the first thing i should do to it. i have around 800-900 to spend. I was thinking something like exhaust or maybe coilovers. what do u guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well it depends on what you want; power or handleing. If you were going to look at power there are a ton of threads on what you can do, but I would probably check out cobb and maybe look at the stage 2. That will give you close to the same power as a sti, and if you went with ap and a downpipe that would put you close to your $900 mark.
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

Oh and stay away from cold air intakes, blow off valves as they can be very bad. Just constantly read threads on this forum. That was how I learned most of what I know was just reading the threads and especially the stickies.
    GO COUGS!!!

Unless its the cold air intake Subaru makes in their PowerPack. Why would they make a cai that would be bad, if it is still covered under warranty? Unless they really are having problems with them...
    06 WRX TR CGM {stock} Hawke-Eye #28
    Raysfield- "We don't get much snow, and I don't drive aggressively in the rain, so kind of irrelevant."
    .:Truth:.

i dunno bout the subaru cai, but the car is tuned for the stock box which can handle 300 hp. Theres really no need to get an intake unless u need it. Everyone i know who put one on took it off until they needed it.
    282 AWHP...267 lb-ft torque.
    2005 WRB WRX Sedan

"he's a domestic fan with a hunger for rice"

Quote Originally Posted by CaRboNaDo
    Unless its the cold air intake Subaru makes in their PowerPack. Why would they make a cai that would be bad, if it is still covered under warranty? Unless they really are having problems with them...
    The one subaru sells is not a cold air intake and will not screw up your car. Most intakes are not good though, and yes you still get your warranty with the subaru spt intake
    GO COUGS!!!

thnx for the help..i was also wondering whats the break in period for the car.

For the first 1000 miles they don't want you to go over 4000rpm. I know it is hard to keep it under 4000rpm(and if you rev it up a few times the engine shouldn't blow) but try your hardest for the first 1000 miles. I changed my oil at 1000 (to get rid of that nasty stuff). After a thousand you can run it a little harder, but try to be easy on it for the first few thousand miles.
    GO COUGS!!!

just dont be trying to race everyone for the first couple of thousand miles and you will be ok... i took mine past the 4k mark and had no problems