Hello, new to the forum!

This is a discussion on Hello, new to the forum! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just wanted to make a first post here since I am new to the forum. I have been driving a ...

Hello, new to the forum!

Just wanted to make a first post here since I am new to the forum. I have been driving a 2006 TR since last Dec., and finally decided to make the upgrade to the STI. I am picking up my car today, and can't wait. Its a black 2006. I really look forward to spending some time here on the forums and talking about the cars!

I did have a question for anyone that drives the 2006 STIs, regarding the stock shifter. I put a short throw shifter in my TR and it made a world of difference. I loved the way it shifted so smooth. I was under the impression that the STIs have a shorter throw right out of the box (well, shorter throw), but it seemed to me that my TR with the short throw was a bit more comfortable. It might be because Im not used to the car (only took a 20 minute test drive). I was wondering if the short throw shifter in the STI would make as much as a difference as upgrading the TRs shifter (as noticeable). Any opinions would be appreciated! I also read on the forum that this was a mod that is usually done before the car is driven off the lot. That is what I did with my TR. I didnt think it made any difference. I was thinking about driving the car stock for a while and decide on the short throw shifter later.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you can still upgrade your shifter in the sti. kartboy ftw!!