My new '02 WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on My new '02 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by us_futbol Thank you all for the very warm welcome and insight - I really appreciate it. As ...

Quote Originally Posted by us_futbol
    Thank you all for the very warm welcome and insight - I really appreciate it. As far as the lowering goes, the owner said it had been lowered about 1-2 inches; however, I don't think there was anything done to the springs. But, once again, I have really no clue what I'm talking about - this is all new to me, sorry. But to answer the pricing question...it was 13k.

Basically, what I'm looking for is an exhaust system that will sound and look good - once again, I'm only 17 and I don't know much about cars (this is a slow process for me). If any of you could give me a few resources/sites to look around I'd love it, otherwise, just names of products are fine. I've been looking on Greddy's website and trying to learn as much as I can. It sounds like it wouldn't be a good idea to get a BOV - although, I would really like one.

As for a sound system, are there any recommendations? I've been looking at Pioneer, Alpine, etc - but should I get it offline or at a retailer (like Best Buy).

I apologize for any frustration my lack of car knowledge may bring to some of you, but I would appreciate any help - and I can't thank you any more for the great, warm welcome you all have given me.

- Chris
    Everyone starts off knowing very little at some point, so don't worry about that. Also don't be afraid to ask questions. Be sure and search first though, as the chances are that you aren't the first to ask. By searching and reading personal experiences about certain mods or aspects to the wrx you're going to learn a ton very quickly. Here and nasioc.com are great resources for info. I've only had my wrx for a couple of months and obviously been on the boards for the same amount of time and I can't believe how much more I know in such a short time.

-Dan

Also, the springs on the car essentially determine the ride height, so if it's lowered he either swapped the stock springs for shorter/firmer ones, or added full coil-overs (lucky you if he did) to get the same effect (a better but much more expensive solution than swapping springs). The other option is that he took out the stock springs and cut them, then re-installed them. In this case he should be dragged out into a field and shot
    Last edited by DTwrx; 10-04-2006 at 12:06 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome

I cant thank you guys anymore for the overwhelming support/help you've provided me with. Thanks again... and I'll be sure to start reading and researching - it seems that this would be the best way to learn. Thanks all.

-Chris

Okay... So i've been looking at all the Cobb exhausts... and I'm not sure what I should get... Should i be looking at getting the Stage 1 or 2 Power Package (http://cobbtuning.com/wrx/power-s.html#Stage2) ..... its pretty expensive, so I'm not sure which one I should be going for. I'm mainly looking for sound, not so much into increasing my performance... should I be looking elsewhere, if so where?

Okay... So i've been looking at all the Cobb exhausts... and I'm not sure what I should get... Should i be looking at getting the Stage 1 or 2 Power Package (http://cobbtuning.com/wrx/power-s.html#Stage2) ..... its pretty expensive, so I'm not sure which one I should be going for. I'm mainly looking for sound, not so much into increasing my performance... should I be looking elsewhere, if so where?
    Trust me you don't have to get expensive. These cars just want to be freed up. I would however get a good Down Pipe!!!! wich is the one right off the Turbo and Waste gate.
    .......... two cents below _______________
    02 WRX/ owner since I could dream.
    WFC The 3rd III cobbcobbcobbcobbcobbcobb
    (((((((((((((((( NOW STAGE2 ))))))))))))))))
    _______________________________.

I would say to get a cobb accessport from cobb... and then go somewhere else for your tbe... you can piece together something else for less if you dont want to spend the money for cobb. The stage 2 power package from cobb costs so much because it includes a tbe which is close to a $1000... you can definately get something cheaper somewhere else. I plan to eventually do that whenever my warranty runs out. I already have a high flow catted downpipe from helix and I plan to get a hks carbon-ti exhaust and that will be my tbe... Then the accessport and I'm set. It's all about personal preference and what you want to spend. The minimum requirement for stage 2 is an aftermarket downpipe. Something to free up that restrictive stock downpipe. But you said you want to make some sound... I prefer the carbon-ti from hks... but its all personal preference.

Stage 1 requires a completely stock setup... of course a catback wont hurt if want... but if you want to spend that much on a catback and cobb accessport... just get the downpipe and go stage 2... once you buy the accessport... you can download any map that you want... so you dont have to buy a different accessport for stage 2... it can just be downloaded... but like i said...

It's all about personal preference and how much you want to spend... welcome to the club... haha... and im gonna warn you... theres a disease that comes along with all these mods... i think i can safely say we all have it... hahaha... once you get a little power... you just want more and more... but stage 2 is like night and day... hope this helps you out. Good luck and happy modding!!!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #17!
    2006 Crystal Gray Metallic WRX- Stage 2
    Mods: Invidia Turboback (w/ cat and resonator), Kartboy short-throw shifter, Prodrive Lowering Springs, STi Limited Front Lip, Cusco Rear Swaybar (adj.), Greddy Front/Rear Strut bars, 8k H.I.D.'s, and Cobb AP!

My first MOD was a K&N drop in air filter, then I waited for a little bit and did the Silencer delete mod (you can read on that if you type silencer delete mod in the search), Then waited a little bit longer then got my cat back exhuast, little bit longer, then got rid of my mid pipe (third cat down the exhuast), AND I just got my Cobb AP. Thats my line-up. Don't think I'll ever upgrade my Turbo so After I wait a bit more I'll just get my DP and Flash Stage2 and call it good. OH and I'll be doing a New TMIC and hoses, not a power Mod but in some ways it can be. After that it will just be makeing the car look good. wich I have already started aswell.

P.s. theres a blow off valve in there somewhere aswell, but, I don't brag about it.
    Last edited by WRXgotit; 10-05-2006 at 08:04 AM.
    .......... two cents below _______________
    02 WRX/ owner since I could dream.
    WFC The 3rd III cobbcobbcobbcobbcobbcobb
    (((((((((((((((( NOW STAGE2 ))))))))))))))))
    _______________________________.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12