New guy with an '06 WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

This is a discussion on New guy with an '06 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all, New guy alert! I bought my very first "new" car yesterday. Out of college for a few years ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4

    New guy with an '06 WRX

    Hello all,

    New guy alert! I bought my very first "new" car yesterday. Out of college for a few years now, finally got a professional job and rewarded myself with a car. Yup, just 19 hours ago I signed papers for a blue, 2006 WRX TR with short throw shifter, spoiler, and auto-mirror. I paid just over 23K for it (not too bad I hope) and so far I love it. It sure is hard not "driving it like I stole it!" What a fun car!

    I'll be a "lurker" on the boards for a while as I'm new to Subaru's and not much of a gearhead/wrencher. I'd like to be, but have little experience.

    Anyways, glad to be on the boards w/ all of you.

    BTW, where does "Scooby" come from or what does it mean? (Like I said, new-guy)

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User Bboy AJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    487
    You paid about $1000 too much, but if you're happy, enjoy it!

    Scooby is just a nicknaming of Subaru, I think.
    2006 WRX TR

  4. #3

    Peachypumpkincheeks

    Speedette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sterling, Virginia
    Posts
    8,615
    and welcome to The Club!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bboy AJ
    You paid about $1000 too much, but if you're happy, enjoy it!
    Scooby is just a nicknaming of Subaru, I think.
    How can you judge that he paid too much/too little/just right? There are so many variables that go into the purchase price of a new vehicle...I mean hell, you're not even FROM Michigan!...so, stfu.

    You should have paid what you thought was a reasonable price for this vehicle. Obviously, you have to factor in where you live, what auto prices are like in your area for this same model, how many the dealer has on the lot, how fast/slow Subarus are selling in your area, how many '06 TRs are available while making room for the '07s, if any incentives are included, the warranty (extended?), tax, tags, etc. etc. etc.!


    Okay, back on topic:
    And yes, Scooby is a 'petname' for a Subaru. And post pics of your new ride!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4

    Thanks

    Thanks for the welcome.

    It was the last WRX on the lot (except for 1 STI that is out of my $$$ range). MSRP was like $25,700 or so. Anyways, I think I did ok on the price.

    Now it matters not & I have a great little automobile. Let the fun begin in a little over 700 miles anyways. (I have snuck in several high rev-runs however... I could not resist.)

    Trying to decide what mod to get first. Thinking the COBB EM unit. Just worried about my warranty and all...


    Thanks. I have a lot of reading on these forums to do.

  6. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lake Zurich, IL
    Posts
    812
    welcome and have fun these cars are crazy fun for sure. I am waiting for the big snow to hit so I can go hit empty parking lots.

  7. #6
    Banned juanes287's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    broomfield,CO
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by Maccgyver
    welcome and have fun these cars are crazy fun for sure. I am waiting for the big snow to hit so I can go hit empty parking lots.
    +1 i can't wait

  8. #7
    Registered User HelperMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    26
    Welcome and congratulations on your new car! Remember there is always someone who got a "better deal." With the options, you paid a fair price. I would just enjoy your new WRX.

  9. #8
    Registered User vincent77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lansing MI
    Posts
    0
    WELCOME, where in MI are you? Post picks of car
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

  10. #9
    Registered User viperuws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Algonquin, Illinois
    Posts
    865
    +2 for the snow

    Welcome to the club!

  11. #10
    Registered User Bboy AJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    How can you judge that he paid too much/too little/just right? There are so many variables that go into the purchase price of a new vehicle...I mean hell, you're not even FROM Michigan!...so, stfu.
    How ****ing stupid are you?

    Do you think that the price is determined soley by his location? People everywhere are able to get the car for $22k. If your posts were intelligent enough to justify a response (evidence otherwise), I'd go look for posts from people in Michigan saying they were able to get the car for around $22k.

    I suppose people getting those MazdaSpeed 6s for $22k are just getting really lucky, huh? The market doesn't determine price at all. Nuh uh, nope. It's just a completely arbitrary number.

    Anyway, like I said, if he can afford it and he loves it, enjoy.
    2006 WRX TR

  12. #11
    Registered User viperuws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Algonquin, Illinois
    Posts
    865
    Quote Originally Posted by Bboy AJ
    How ****ing stupid are you?

    Do you think that the price is determined soley by his location? People everywhere are able to get the car for $22k. If your posts were intelligent enough to justify a response (evidence otherwise), I'd go look for posts from people in Michigan saying they were able to get the car for around $22k.

    I suppose people getting those MazdaSpeed 6s for $22k are just getting really lucky, huh? The market doesn't determine price at all. Nuh uh, nope. It's just a completely arbitrary number.

    Anyway, like I said, if he can afford it and he loves it, enjoy.
    Actualy location and rarity are big factors. If there is 1 WRX on the lot then it WILL be harder to drop the price. You say others got a better price? Maybe because THEY BOUGHT IT WHEN THERE WAS MORE THEN 1!!!!! *breaths heavily and then calms down*

    But seriously it is possible to get it down to the $21k range but the point is factors other then the set invoice price are still there and acting on the actual selling price range. When I bought mine I got my WRX at a pretty decent deal because of the other 15-20 WRX avaliable in the area 5 being in the same lot. Also that $1k could come from waiting an extra day to get the car. It all depends. So there is no "you payed this and this much too much"...unless you know EXACT details. Even then it's hard to figure out what a car should cost because of the messed up way cars are priced and sold.

    Oh and calling someone fing stupid is just plain mean. I mean if you said she has a decreasing ammount of brain cells from getting hit in the head too much while kickboxing...it's understandable...but you don't have to be so mean about it.
    Last edited by viperuws; 10-02-2006 at 08:37 AM.

  13. #12

    Peachypumpkincheeks

    Speedette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sterling, Virginia
    Posts
    8,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Bboy AJ
    How ****ing stupid are you?
    Mature.


    Quote Originally Posted by viperuws
    Actualy location and rarity are big factors. If there is 1 WRX on the lot then it WILL be harder to drop the price. You say others got a better price? Maybe because THEY BOUGHT IT WHEN THERE WAS MORE THEN 1!!!!! *breaths heavily and then calms down*

    But seriously it is possible to get it down to the $21k range but the point is factors other then the set invoice price are still there and acting on the actual selling price range. When I bought mine I got my WRX at a pretty decent deal because of the other 15-20 WRX avaliable in the area 5 being in the same lot. Also that $1k could come from waiting an extra day to get the car. It all depends. So there is no "you payed this and this much too much"...unless you know EXACT details. Even then it's hard to figure out what a car should cost because of the messed up way cars are priced and sold.

    Oh and calling someone fing stupid is just plain mean. I mean if you said she has a decreasing ammount of brain cells from getting hit in the head too much while kickboxing...it's understandable...but you don't have to be so mean about it.
    +100
    Last edited by Speedette; 10-02-2006 at 08:52 AM.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

  14. #13
    Registered User Bboy AJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    How can you judge that he paid too much/too little/just right? There are so many variables that go into the purchase price of a new vehicle...I mean hell, you're not even FROM Michigan!...so, stfu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bboy AJ
    How ****ing stupid are you?
    Treat people the way you expect to be treated.
    Quote Originally Posted by viperuws
    Actualy location and rarity are big factors. If there is 1 WRX on the lot then it WILL be harder to drop the price. You say others got a better price? Maybe because THEY BOUGHT IT WHEN THERE WAS MORE THEN 1!!!!! *breaths heavily and then calms down*

    But seriously it is possible to get it down to the $21k range but the point is factors other then the set invoice price are still there and acting on the actual selling price range. When I bought mine I got my WRX at a pretty decent deal because of the other 15-20 WRX avaliable in the area 5 being in the same lot. Also that $1k could come from waiting an extra day to get the car. It all depends. So there is no "you payed this and this much too much"...unless you know EXACT details. Even then it's hard to figure out what a car should cost because of the messed up way cars are priced and sold.
    Agreed, but circumstance and standard are not two completely isolated phenomenon.
    2006 WRX TR

  15. #14

    Peachypumpkincheeks

    Speedette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sterling, Virginia
    Posts
    8,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Bboy AJ
    Treat people the way you expect to be treated.

    Agreed, but circumstance and standard are not two completely isolated phenomenon.
    I know what I said was immature. Good to see that you took the high road though.

    Anyway, enough of this thread-jacking, as warnings were already issued.


    To the OP: Congrats on your '06 once again, and I hope we didn't scare you off and you'll soon be delighting us with tasty pics of said WRX.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

  16. #15
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    And back on topic!

    Congratz on the new car. Yes, Cobb AP is a great 1st mod. However, the 06's 2.5L engine doesnt benefit very much from the Stage 1 map. Once you remove a catalytic converter in the Downpipe and use the Stage 2 map you will see amazing gains!

    Warranty - dont worry these are good cars, you wont really need it if you stick to the staged set ups.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •