04 wrx front cover leak

This is a discussion on 04 wrx front cover leak within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; recently bought a used 04 wrx sedan form my work(pontiac buick gmc hyundai mazda dealership) 34k on it ,had it ...

04 wrx front cover leak

recently bought a used 04 wrx sedan form my work(pontiac buick gmc hyundai mazda dealership) 34k on it ,had it about a month did my 30k last week. i leave my house to go to the store today came back to find a new ,still wet, stain on my street. touch it smell it, smells like oil!!!!!!! get under the car looks like my front cover is leaking!!!!!! WTF! is this a regular thing? does this happen to alot of wrx's? or am i just lucky? anybody with anyinfo let me know please. i have extended factory warranty but the dealers pretty far away.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    take the cover off and make sure the drain plug and oil filter are on tight and/or on correctly. I would start there.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccgyver
    take the cover off and make sure the drain plug and oil filter are on tight and/or on correctly. I would start there.
    +1
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

thanks ill put it on the lift in the morning

Also, if the oil is coming from the oil filter, the rubber seal from the old filter probably did not get removed when the oil was changed.

thats what i get for havin my gm/ hyundai tech work on my car.

Banned
    true just do your own oil changes they are easy enough and you feel much more secure knowing someone did it right.

got the car in the air, just my luck, not the oil filter or the drain plug,ran some tracer dye through it my left cam seal is leaking, gotta tke it in on mondy.