New 06 OBP WRX Wagon

This is a discussion on New 06 OBP WRX Wagon within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have had my wagon since early July and have been taking advantage of all the useful information on this ...

New 06 OBP WRX Wagon

I have had my wagon since early July and have been taking advantage of all the useful information on this forum…so I thought I would finally say hello. So far I love my WRX and have no complaints.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SubaruWRX-008.JPG 
Views:	128 
Size:	220.9 KB 
ID:	66555

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the club! I love black wagons.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

Banned
    awesome wagon, black is hot for sure. Watch out for that evil honda I see him sneaking up on you in your paint.

Where abouts are you in Washington? I am from the east side(Spokane)
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

Oh and yeah sorry I forgot to say; Welcome to the forum and the car is beautiful. Wagons FTW
    GO COUGS!!!

I am from the west side--Olympia area. I almost bought a steel grey wagon, but my last car was a similar color and I decided I needed a change. I like the color and it does not show the dirt. I also noticed in your profile that you have the SPT exhaust--How loud is the exhaust in your wagon? Do you get any drone? I have read that some people get drone in their wagons with that exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by HelperMonkey
    I am from the west side--Olympia area. I almost bought a steel grey wagon, but my last car was a similar color and I decided I needed a change. I like the color and it does not show the dirt. I also noticed in your profile that you have the SPT exhaust--How loud is the exhaust in your wagon? Do you get any drone? I have read that some people get drone in their wagons with that exhaust.
    No drone what so ever, it is one of the best exhausts out there in my opinion. It is pretty quiet but you can definetly hear the boxer rumble. I highly recommend this exhaust for someone who wants good sound but not a lot of noise.

And I like your Yakima rack. If you don't mind me asking how much did it set you back?
    GO COUGS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tayhadar1
    No drone what so ever, it is one of the best exhausts out there in my opinion. It is pretty quiet but you can definetly hear the boxer rumble. I highly recommend this exhaust for someone who wants good sound but not a lot of noise.

And I like your Yakima rack. If you don't mind me asking how much did it set you back?
    Glad to hear you like the exhaust. I have been considering the SPT when I eventually decide to go Stage 2.

The crossbar set – round was an optional accessory I negotiated in the price of the WRX. The Yakima bike racks set me back $130 each. Thank you REI dividend!! I know there are some bike racks that are cheaper, but I wanted a bike rack that fits all the different front forks of various mountain bikes. A few thoughts if you are interested in a roof rack. First, get the round crossbar set. While the Subaru standard cross bar kit fits more Subaru accessories, the round crossbar set will fit more Yakima, Thule, and other companies accessories. Second, if you get a bike rack, the fork mount racks are far better for a WRX because the bike is much, much more secure with the front tire removed and the bike secured by the fork. Finally, I did have to cut about an inch off the end of each rack so they would clear the spoiler when I open the rear hatch. I am very happy with the bike racks; I use them all the time and have absolutely no problems. Gotta love the wagon!

Quote Originally Posted by HelperMonkey
    Glad to hear you like the exhaust. I have been considering the SPT when I eventually decide to go Stage 2.
    That was my plan becuase I plan on going stage 2 this winter or next summer. Thanks for all the info on the racks; I think I will check those out before ski season and get some on my car.

Taylor
    GO COUGS!!!