Buying Tools - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Buying Tools within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by drummerboy I think we're just missing a lift! heheh. you couldn't be more right that could in ...

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy
    I think we're just missing a lift! heheh.
    you couldn't be more right that could in hand a lot, would be nice to have one
    04 WRX Java Black
    Mustang Dyno 218 awhp 216 awtq
    1978 Honda CB400Tll
    yea you know its modified
    1974 Honda CB750 Bobber
    still in the works

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It all depends on what you plan on doing with the car. If you just want to install simple parts then a Craftsman set will probaly do you fine. I'd also suggest a small rubber mallet, ask any mechinic and they'll explain why.

Torque bar is also a great suggestion, but while you are at the parts store be sure to pick up some PB Blaster or Gibbs penetrating lubicants for easier bolt removale.

After you get all that crap be sure to get a decent wrench set. Craftsman is probaly the easiest and one of the cheaper brands to obtain. If you get in with a shop I'm sure they will direct you to who they get tools from (Snap On, Matco, ETC). They are a bit more expensive but sometimes they have unique tools that you can find other places. Be sure to haggle with those rolling highway robbers because often times they have a HUGE mark up.

Good luck and if you are really planning on getting down and dirty make sure you get a Ohm reader and a air compressor.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Vez
    Thanks again. All of your comments were exactly what I was looking for.

I went and scoped out some Craftsman tool sets. There seems to be several on sale that appear to be a decent base for sockets and wrenches. There were a few other smaller things that I want to pick up (as per suggested here), too. I think I'll have the base I wanted once I pick these things up (by the end of the week). My apartment has a garage, so I think this will work out nicely for my hands-on time. I plan on taking things slowly, and I definitely plan on familiarizing myself sufficiently before I try to do anythin, but I want to get in there.

The sad part...I still don't have my car. Now, I was told there was a hold up, and they're trying to figure out why. :P

I think I've read over that website (http://www.cars101.com/subaru/impreza/wrxsti2007.html) a thousand times trying to satiate myself. I tried doing it with that mechanics guide but I feel a little overwhelmed without a car in front of me to examine.

...impatiently waiting...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

dealers suck

ya my dad recently bought a 530i beamer and they were 2 weeks late on delivery. i would have told them to lower the price or get some kind of compensation but my dad doesnt know what the hell he's doing....its depressing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12