Subaru WRX Forum banner

Dallas Subbie Newbie

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Speedette 
#1 ·
Whats up guys??

My name is Daniel and I live in Dallas, TX. I'm in the process(the loan people love taking their sweet time) on buying a 2005 STi!! The deal is done but the loan people have to inspect the car. They said it will probably be until next week before I can pick it up. I'm so excited!

It's actually an interesting story. I currently have 1992 RS convertible and I love it to death but lately it has been giving me way too many problems. I then moved on and looked at the VW R32 and I loved it...until I saw it in person...NOT my style. I looked at all kinds of imports and for some strange reason I forgot all about the Subaru and the ...evolution*cough*. I'm not going to lie, I looked at a bunch of Evo's first until I almost bought one but the deal turned sour because the owner lied to me about the price and the transmission was going out. I was really pissed. Then, I saw a Subaru WRX and I fell in love with it. I went all out and looked up its history and I loved it. I looked at regular WRXs first and never thought about the STI. Until I got my new job! So, I knew I couldn't afford a new one so I got a used one. I jumped on this one quick because I found some other ones but 2004 and they sold quick.

I thought it was an excellent deal. It was about 24000 for the car which ended about like around 25000 with taxes. It's an 05 and I was in the process of buying an 04 for about 25K WITHOUT taxes until I came accross this one. :screwy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...2004496_W0QQfromZR40QQfviZ1&item=330022004496

I haven't even test driven it yet. But the loan people are going to give it a good throughout inspection before I get it. I live in Dallas and the car is in Houston soo...:mad:

I'm also really nervous. This is going to be my first stick(not counting the stick truck I drove for a while). I test drove one at the agency and I stalled it all the time on stops but I ran smoothly while shifting gears. Hopefully it won't tear up my transmission with my newbie. I'm sure I'll pick it up quick.:eek:

What do you guys think?

About me:

I'm a Mechanical Engineer/Math major at Southern Methodist University. I'm 19 and hispanic and I'm single...;)

BTW: Do all STI's come with a short-shift? Does it seem like that one has it? Doesn't seem like it IMO.

See less See more
#2 ·
VERY nice car and great choice going with it over the mitsubishi. Welcome to the club, enjoy your stay. :thumbup:

#3 ·
and welcome to The Club!!!!

Well that was quite an introduction! But beautiful STi, I hope everything goes smoothly and you're behind the wheel in no time! As for your first time driving stick...my WRX was my first manual and if you practice (and you're patient!) you'll pick it up in no time.

Congrats and definitely have a look-see around the Club at all of our useful info! :thumbup:

#5 ·
Haha...I just like telling a background to everything. Well, I just got a call from them and all they have to do is inspect the vehicle one more time and it should be mine next week!:eek:

So do all STi's come with short shift?

I've been looking around and it's good stuff. I'm going to start posting soon because now I'm sorta official!

#6 ·
Very nice :thumbup:

And just like Speedette (and probably many more), I pretty much learned to drive manual with my WRX...or perhaps I should say "re"learned. I had driven manual a few times but always had an automatic until I got my bugeye. In all honesty, if you've driven manual before it should come back to you in no time, it's just a matter of getting a feeling for the car.

Happy driving!

#7 ·
^^^All true, but launching AWD and shifting AWD HARD are two different stories. I've never driven anything BUT manuals and it's like I had to totally relearn performance driving with my new car. I love it though!

#9 ·
dude thats my car !

well my car looked like that like a year ago
welcome

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.