Got a brand new 06 Black TR - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Got a brand new 06 Black TR within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ...

I Support ClubWRX
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    not to get into the middle of things welll why not.
    It's definitely not better than an S2000. If you even wanted to make the comparison, you'd have to use an STI to be in the same ballpark. But it's definitely not a bad consolation car, I must admit.

That there sounds to me like you are dissing the wrx against an s2000 flat out. STI is in the same range as the s2000 price wise, not performance wise at all. Thing would get it's ass handed to it. But it is still a nice car just not a practical one. But not everyone is into practical these days I guess.

D0WNxSH1FT, it's been evident that you truly are grasping at straws if you can only pick one statement (which, I admit, can be construed as ambivalent) out of everything I have said and use that to back up your entire argument.

A pre 06 WRX is not as fast as an S2000. An S2000 will hit high 13s. What kind of 1/4 times do the 06s put out? I've heard mid to high 13s, correct? If the 06s hit there, then good for me

But when it comes to cars, I'm not that into drag racing. I'd rather take curves, for the same way a motorcycle is infinitely better than a car (here is a pre-emptive "shut up" to snow, cargo, passengers. The obvious is the obvious, it does not need to be stated). No comparison which is more fun in the twisties between an S2000 and a WRX. RWD is superior than AWD for that purpose. And, as a disclaimer, let me state out the obvious, but also apparently needed to be stated before words are put into my mouth, "to me."

To you, a WRX is better. To me, an S2000 is better. But I agree that the WRX is incomparably more useful. Useful does not mean everything to me. Somehow, I think that's the case for you as well. You're not driving just any car.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccgyver
    That there sounds to me like you are dissing the wrx against an s2000 flat out. STI is in the same range as the s2000 price wise, not performance wise at all. Thing would get it's ass handed to it. But it is still a nice car just not a practical one. But not everyone is into practical these days I guess.
    Am I dissing the WRX? No. Am I dissing it against an S2000? Yup. That doesn't mean I hate the WRX. I bought it. Money talks, I put my money where my mouth is, cliche ad nauseum

Anyway, if we can all get past the fact that I hate this useless POS WRX I dropped $22,000 on, I picked it up at the dealership tonight. I waited 2.5 hours after my appointment for financing. I was very upset and that put a definite damper on my night. Getting my new car should be a heralded event, not something that would put me in a bad mood.

My salesman took a picture of me next to it. I drove it home with a huge smile on my face and drove my Probe back to school from home. The WRX will be home until I get back possibly tomorrow night or Saturday. I am not sure yet since I am going to NYC all day tomorrow (free NJ Transit tickets, people). I can't wait to truly drive it instead of highway-ing it, that's for sure. It's a great feeling buying a brand spanking new car. Awesome, I love it.

I'll be sure to post pictures when I can. What a rush!
    2006 WRX TR

Quote Originally Posted by Bboy AJ

A pre 06 WRX is not as fast as an S2000. An S2000 will hit high 13s. What kind of 1/4 times do the 06s put out? I've heard mid to high 13s, correct? I

I'm not one to argue over stupid bs like this (otherwise i'd hangout in the wrx vs. the world w/ all the idiots.) but you sir, are wrong. The average S2000 runs a low 14, MAYBE a mid 13. This is a fact. And please look and see what an 06 can do stock, or find out for yourself since you own one.. If you get anything worse than a 13.9 I will label you as a ****ty driver.

If you are talking a road course? then yes, the s2000 has the advantage.
    Last edited by Chunks; 09-22-2006 at 12:15 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Chunks
    I'm not one to argue over stupid bs like this (otherwise i'd hangout in the wrx vs. the world w/ all the idiots.) but you sir, are wrong. The average S2000 runs a low 14, MAYBE a mid 13. This is a fact. And please look and see what an 06 can do stock, or find out for yourself since you own one.. If you get anything worse than a 13.9 I will label you as a ****ty driver.

If you are talking a road course? then yes, the s2000 has the advantage.
    How can I be wrong if I was asking a question? Why would I look and see what it did stock when I'm posting a message on this board? But I don't really care too much for drag racing, just cool to know what it can do.

The S2k runs high 13s, not mid 13s. That is very, very rare.
    2006 WRX TR

Peachypumpkincheeks

Obviously he puts the S2000 on a pedastal so the 'consolation' of the WRX won't last long. Especially on an enthusiast's forum.

Guarantee this guy will stop posting here in 2 months, sell his WRX in 8 months, and buy an S2000. But good for him, because you won't be happy if you 'settle', you need to go for what you want.

So please everyone, stop feeding the bears. There's many n00bs who lust for the WRX and they have questions!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Insecure people. I like both cars, but I did, indeed, settle with the WRX.

Anyone want to take her up on the guarantee? Here is an actual guarantee that you will win her bet, whatever it is.
    2006 WRX TR

Ok im saying all of this in a calm, polite tone

D0WNxSH1FT, it's been evident that you truly are grasping at straws if you can only pick one statement (which, I admit, can be construed as ambivalent) out of everything I have said and use that to back up your entire argument.
    Yes, but it is that one statement that started all of this. We went from Hi! to Die! in 5sec or less (the new Subaru advertisement campaign )

A pre 06 WRX is not as fast as an S2000. An S2000 will hit high 13s. What kind of 1/4 times do the 06s put out? I've heard mid to high 13s, correct? If the 06s hit there, then good for me
    An 02-05 WRX IS as fast as an S2000, and the 06 is EVEN faster. They both do 0-60 in mid to low 5's (both arent easy to launch), both trap around the same in the 1/4mi (s2000 has a slightly higher mph i believe), both do 1/4mi in low 14's (2.2L S2000 is even lower im sure)...(06 WRX does it in mid-high 13's).

But when it comes to cars, I'm not that into drag racing. I'd rather take curves, for the same way a motorcycle is infinitely better than a car (here is a pre-emptive "shut up" to snow, cargo, passengers. The obvious is the obvious, it does not need to be stated). No comparison which is more fun in the twisties between an S2000 and a WRX. RWD is superior than AWD for that purpose. And, as a disclaimer, let me state out the obvious, but also apparently needed to be stated before words are put into my mouth, "to me."
    I agree I would rather drive on a road course than a drag strip.

RWD is not actually superior to AWD on a road course. On the turns a AWD car uses rear power to drive into the turn, and then it uses front wheels to pull the car out of the turn. RWD doesnt get that last part which is why AWD cars in motorsports tend to have the advantage (ie Audi LeMans, Audi Touring class, Subaru/Mitsu WRC, Skyline GT-R GT racing and Time Attack, etc) The only disadvantage to AWD is the additional weight, but if you have the HP to deal with it, its ok and you will get the advantages of traction.

To you, a WRX is better. To me, an S2000 is better. But I agree that the WRX is incomparably more useful. Useful does not mean everything to me. Somehow, I think that's the case for you as well. You're not driving just any car.
    I wasnt trying to say the WRX is a better car, and I DID want an S2000 for a very long time. I was honestly trying to give you reasons to like the car since u just bought it and clearly wanted an STOOK (i wanted an Evo, so i can understand the buyers remorse). I wasnt trying to bash the s2k at all.

Am I dissing the WRX? No. Am I dissing it against an S2000? Yup. That doesn't mean I hate the WRX. I bought it. Money talks, I put my money where my mouth is, cliche ad nauseum
    The problem is you are saying the S2000 is superior in areas that it actually isnt. They are mostly equal or the 06 WRX is faster. I know the S2000 is the king of Honda cars here in the US, but its not as untouchable as we all thought (trust me, i had an Acura RSX and I loved the S2000...my friend has one, its an amazing car, but I never have trouble showing him up...of course im not stock anymore).
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

I Support ClubWRX
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Fair enough, man. Sorry that we got off on the wrong foot. I hope to learn a lot about my new car from you and this board. No hard feelings.

The WRX's no S2000 to me, but that doesn't mean I won't love it. Everyone has to make compromises and can't always get what they want all the time. I'd love an F40, but you know

This train ride is a long one. Saw a few STis in the parking lots, but a plethora of 911s. You think those STi guys are compromising? I'm pretty excited to be done with this day and drive the WRX.
    2006 WRX TR

Comparisons

Fair enough, man. Sorry that we got off on the wrong foot. I hope to learn a lot about my new car from you and this board. No hard feelings.

The WRX's no S2000 to me, but that doesn't mean I won't love it. Everyone has to make compromises and can't always get what they want all the time. I'd love an F40, but you know

This train ride is a long one. Saw a few STis in the parking lots, but a plethora of 911s. You think those STi guys are compromising? I'm pretty excited to be done with this day and drive the WRX.
    The issue is that you are comparing very different cars. I owned an 05 Mazdaspeed Miata and it handled great, but it was impractical and I couldnt fit into it.
    The WRX is a bit boxy, however it is a 4 dr sedan and is much more practical for hauling around etc....

Geo

Banned
    enough said I think gentlemen, we know where everyone stands and both cars are great and do great things in the areas they were built for plain and simple. Hope you find all that you are looking for on this board man there is many intelligient people on here with years of experience in their subie.

LMAO so this is why you made your comments in the WRXvsworld section. S2KI member thats why I struck a nerve,well Mr. me too. Like most I didn't get it cause it wasn't practical for me. Not to bash the site cause theres some cool car lovers there. Hmm but like most sites there is alot of Internet Indy car racers. But I agree with everyone else you should have got an S and there not hard to find used for 18k-20k.

I said that there are no S2000s that are going for the market value.

If anyone want to see what this fool is talking about, click.
    2006 WRX TR

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast