Got a brand new 06 Black TR - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Got a brand new 06 Black TR within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I respect the S2K for what it is; a high-strung, great-handling sports car. It would never be my choice in ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I respect the S2K for what it is; a high-strung, great-handling sports car. It would never be my choice in that price range, though.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    Huh? In terms of what? Price tag?

Go race your friend at the drag strip, see who wins. Go mod your cars, see who puts out better #s. Go on vacation, see who can pack more. Drive to work in February, see who has an easier time getting there in the snow.

[hint: WRX wins all of those categories]
    Are you insecure of your car or something?

You can pull out the quarter mile times all you want, but if you raced both stock for stock, the S2000 would pull. Modding is irrelevant.

Besides, the S2000 is not a drag car. It would own a WRX at an autocross or road course. Take your pick. And at the drag strip to boot, stock for stock. Not bad for a car that wasn't meant to drag.

Vacation, snow? Geez. Maybe it's because the S2000 is a sports car in the truest sense and the WRX is a sedan?

You have insecure, arbitrary arguments. God forbid there are nicer cars than the WRX, hmm? I love my WRX but that definitely doesn't mean there aren't other cars I'd rather have.

[Hint: You are comparing a county fair winning apple to a supermarket orange. Give it up.]
    Last edited by Bboy AJ; 09-21-2006 at 09:15 AM.
    2006 WRX TR

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bboy AJ
    Vacation, snow? Geez. Maybe it's because the S2000 is a sports car in every sense of the word and the WRX is a sedan? You have insecure, arbitrary arguments.
    For those of us that live in colder areas, have families, enjoy the modding process, etc, his arguments are quite salient and factual.
    No need to take what he's saying as some sort of attack. It's normal for people to question things like that in a car forum.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I completely agree! No argument from me here. But in my situation, I'd have prefered the S2000.

No need to hate on either car, though. I love them both. Just love the S2000 more
    2006 WRX TR

I had an S2000 -- flew to boston for it and drove it back to knoxville (about 20 hour drive time). Ended up hating the car and traded it for my old 2005 WRX 40 days later. nice with the top down, but not very comfortable to drive everyday, no room at all, and the tail is happy to try to pass the front. I raced a stock WRX in my S2000 and didnt beat the WRX by much.

I now have a 2003 WRX with a few minor mods and it is a lot more fun to drive and have room for people/stuff as well as being more comfortable. S2000 would be a nice extra car, but i wouldnt try to replace my WRX with one. I can bust through the dragon a lot faster than most S2000s...they just dont like tight corners and the acceleration pedel much at the same time.

plus we had a light snow when I had the S2000 and my wife drove it to work for somereason...she actually couldnt make it up a little hill on a bridge because she couldnt catch traction. she eventually went on the shoulder where there was a little gravel and was able to nurse it that way to get to work. she was less than happy that morning.

the guy that bought my S2000 from me got rid of it shortly after once he found out how much it was to try to modify just to get a little power out of it.

good choice on the WRX. you wont regret that choice.

Are you insecure of your car or something?

You can pull out the quarter mile times all you want, but if you raced both stock for stock, the S2000 would pull. Modding is irrelevant.

Besides, the S2000 is not a drag car. It would own a WRX at an autocross or road course. Take your pick. And at the drag strip to boot, stock for stock. Not bad for a car that wasn't meant to drag.

Vacation, snow? Geez. Maybe it's because the S2000 is a sports car in the truest sense and the WRX is a sedan?

You have insecure, arbitrary arguments. God forbid there are nicer cars than the WRX, hmm? I love my WRX but that definitely doesn't mean there aren't other cars I'd rather have.

[Hint: You are comparing a county fair winning apple to a supermarket orange. Give it up.]
    Insecure about my car? We have the same car there buddy, welcome to clubWRX, not S2ki.com (which i am a member). I was stating factual information. Maybe you should of bought a used S2000 if you wanted one so much.

Stock for stock the WRX, ESPECIALLY an 06 will beat the S2000. Now on the highway from a high speed roll its gonna be interesting.

Modding is not irrelevant. The WRX mods easier and can be made to be a lot more powerful for cheaper.

The S2000 is a better auto-x car, but on the track? it depends. I was on a track behind a S2000 and i was on his butt the whole time and then passed him on the straight. drag, refer to my previous statement.

Yes it is a two seater convertible sports car (although now they have traction control, so its losing its purity). But for a normal person with one car it is not practicle. The WRX is a sedan and it will hand the S2k its a$$ while being able to haul people and items.

You got really defensive by my statements and im the insecure one? I used to want an S2000 as well. All i said was reasons why after owning the WRX i have realized that the S2000 would not have worked for me. I didnt say the WRX was the best car in the world, but for me its better.

You seem to have a very high opinion of the S2000 and very low one of the WRX. Why did you even buy one?
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

while the S2000 is a relatively quick car for what it is, someone on the forum has as their signature as:

"Ahhh, VTEC, all of the lag, none of the power". always makes me laugh when I see it.

while the S2000 is good if you keep it in the VTEC (above about 6200 rpms), you have to drive the crap out of it. It doesnt ride very well, is cramped and doesnt have any trunk space. As I said before, great extra vehicle, but not a good replacement for my WRX.

top down fun is great, but for me, not at the loss of the driving experience and usable features of the WRX.

I outran a stock WRX (with new a very new driver to the Subie world of turbos) in my old S2000, but it wasnt by much and a 2006 WRX would have stomped me.

modding does come into effect in considering a car because of the price, bang for the buck, etc. Now if you want off the shelf power/handling, then it might be different a little depending what you are looking for, but the STI would be in the price range of the S2000 now anyway instead of a WRX.

Our dealership has had two S2000 owners turned WRX drivers (one of those being me). neither of us regret that.
    Last edited by GraysonSubaru; 09-21-2006 at 11:18 AM.

Insecure about my car? We have the same car there buddy, welcome to clubWRX, not S2ki.com (which i am a member). I was stating factual information. Maybe you should of bought a used S2000 if you wanted one so much.

Stock for stock the WRX, ESPECIALLY an 06 will beat the S2000. Now on the highway from a high speed roll its gonna be interesting.

Modding is not irrelevant. The WRX mods easier and can be made to be a lot more powerful for cheaper.

The S2000 is a better auto-x car, but on the track? it depends. I was on a track behind a S2000 and i was on his butt the whole time and then passed him on the straight. drag, refer to my previous statement.

Yes it is a two seater convertible sports car (although now they have traction control, so its losing its purity). But for a normal person with one car it is not practicle. The WRX is a sedan and it will hand the S2k its a$$ while being able to haul people and items.

You got really defensive by my statements and im the insecure one? I used to want an S2000 as well. All i said was reasons why after owning the WRX i have realized that the S2000 would not have worked for me. I didnt say the WRX was the best car in the world, but for me its better.

You seem to have a very high opinion of the S2000 and very low one of the WRX. Why did you even buy one?
    Ohhhh, right. I'm the insecure guy. I gave my props to both cars, stated I liked the S2000 better (Yes, it is a better car TO ME), and then you bring up points like cargo space? Snow?

I didn't get intentionally defensive at all when replying to your statements, I responded in the same way you presented them to me.

Good for you, the WRX is better FOR YOU. Great, I'm glad. It's good for me, too, which is why I bought it. Yet, somehow, I have a low opinion of the WRX? Care to point that out? Anywhere? Anywhere? Does it maybe come from where I said: I love my WRX but that definitely doesn't mean there aren't other cars I'd rather have? Or maybe it comes from you fabricating things from nowhere. Don't put words in my mouth. How does us having the same car have to do with you being insecure about the WRX and me not?

Modding is irrelevant when comparing cars. By trying to argue modding, you are introducing a whole new car of worms with an innumerable amount of examples and counter examples. The S2000 is NA while the WRX is factory turboed. Best to stay away from this sort of argument, I think. So this will be my last mention of it and I'm sure you can agree that it does add a whole new dimension, albeit an endless one, to an argument.

I didn't buy a used S2000 because there's more to a car than just price. The cost of owning that car is much higher than the WRX. Plus, the used market here wants several thousand over the KBB price and that's not money I want to spend. Trust me, I tried to find one for months and months, over a year. It's not like the WRX is a bad car either. I can't wait to put some miles on her and run her through the snow.

And pssst, D0WNxSH1FT, I'm not here to make enemies

GraysonSubaru, the S2000 is definitely a niche car and I most certainly wouldn't recommend it to just anyone. Glad you enjoy your new ride better. To me, it doesn't matter what I drive, be it a BMW or a Honda, so as long as I'm enjoying it.
    Last edited by Bboy AJ; 09-21-2006 at 12:03 PM.
    2006 WRX TR

Good for you, the WRX is better FOR YOU. Great, I'm glad. It's good for me, too, which is why I bought it. Yet, somehow, I have a low opinion of the WRX? Care to point that out? Anywhere? Anywhere?
    It's definitely not better than an S2000. If you even wanted to make the comparison, you'd have to use an STI to be in the same ballpark. But it's definitely not a bad consolation car, I must admit.

I Support ClubWRX
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Peachypumpkincheeks

Perfect image Ray!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

D0WNxSH1FT, I've tried to be as civil as possible, but if you inferred from the statement you provided (which, surprisingly, has nothing to do with badmouthing the WRX) that somehow I have a low opinion of the WRX, you need to give it up. It's rather obvious that you're grasping at straws now. It would be astute to quit while you're ahead. Ahead of what, I'm not positive, but it seems like sound advice
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    2006 WRX TR

D0WNxSH1FT, I've tried to be as civil as possible, but if you inferred from the statement you provided (which, surprisingly, has nothing to do with badmouthing the WRX) that somehow I have a low opinion of the WRX, you need to give it up. It's rather obvious that you're grasping at straws now. It would be astute to quit while you're ahead. Ahead of what, I'm not positive, but it seems like sound advice

Lets see...

You came on and said you bought a WRX.

I responded:
    Great choice. My friend got a 05 S2000 when i got my WRX and let me tell you I prefer the WRX now.

The convertible aspect is nice but the lack of a backseat and trunk space means I have to drive us whenever we want to go anywhere w/ the girlfriends. And you are in NJ, just wait till the 1st snow fall when you drive out of a parking space w/o even thinking about. Everyone else will be getting pushed (be sure to help them out LOL).

So basically all i said was nice choice and that i prefer the WRX for my life. Then i tried to help you feel better about the purchase by saying how the WRX has more utility and is easier for daily living, especially in the winter since you live in NJ.

You responded with:
    It's definitely not better than an S2000. If you even wanted to make the comparison, you'd have to use an STI to be in the same ballpark. But it's definitely not a bad consolation car, I must admit.
    So you said that the WRX cant compare to the S2000, instead you need the 300hp/300tq 2.5L STi. But its clear to everyone else that the 227hp or 230hp WRX can handle an S2000 just fine. So you already said that the S2000 was superior to your own WRX. And then you called it a consolation car, despite that fact that it is just as fast, has more utility, 365 usability and room for your friends and valuables.

I responded with factual information b/c you felt that the S2000 was so superior.

I started by saying Hi and tell you about my experiences and you went straight to "its definetly NOT better than an S2000"

cant we all just get along?

i feel kinda left out for not being argued with and I owned an S2000..and two WRX's.

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru
    cant we all just get along?

i feel kinda left out for not being argued with and I owned an S2000..and two WRX's.
    YOU MADE A GOOD DECISION! YOU MADE A NICE CALENDAR TOO! AND YOU SELL PEOPLE CARS AT A LOW PRICE!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast