Hidey ho Folks...New Guy here :(
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hidey ho Folks...New Guy here :( within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Howdy there everyone.. My name is Brian and I want a subaru... Right now I drive a 99 Volkswagen new ...

Hidey ho Folks...New Guy here :(

Howdy there everyone.. My name is Brian and I want a subaru...

Right now I drive a 99 Volkswagen new beetle.... Already replaced the engine.. would have to do it again... but screw all o' that. Crappiest car ever.

I purchased said ****ewagon because it was the only automobile that I could afford...but now, I plan revenge on Germany. I will be driving a WRX at the end of next month.

I'm not quite sure what model/year I'll get thinking about an '04 or an '05 sedan or wagon..I'm not too picky... Just dont want one in yellow.

I will be able to get this car because my mommy in law is buying it for me... Yes I'm 25, have a wife and 3 month old child..and my mommy is buying me a car... Well not really.

See, my mother in law inherited a bunch of cash..and she wants to invest some of that money..what better way to do so than help out her son in law? She will be putting down the cash and I'll make monthly payments to her at 7% interest.... better than I'll get at the dealership..and the perks are that I'll be able to have like a 10 year pay off.. Lower payments..I'll be able to get a better car cause she is throwin' down the cashola and she'll make a bucketload of cash off of me... So I guess that aint so bad right? I'll just kinda treat her like a bank...Hell, mother in laws gotta be good for something right?

The reason I chose a WRX is because of the handling... FWD vehicles scare the hell outta me.. Driving to California over the pass leaves me white knuckled and delerious after a few hours of doing so... The understeer just kills me... So its RWD or AWD for me..and I cant seem to find anything like the Rex that does it for me visually and performance wise..

In closing I wish to thank you all for reading my post... If I am an idiot..please feel free to let me know.. cause I tend to be kinda clueless...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like a good deal all around, but a couple of observations:

Don't threat her "kinda" like the bank. Treat it like the real loan that it is. Get the deal in writing and have everyone involved sign and keep a copy. Keep a copy of your check, check stub for payments and get a receipt. If you pay cash Get a Receipt! Nothing fancy is needed.

Ten years is a long time for a car note. You might want to consider a shorter term, and, or a no penalty prepayment clause. Remember you will be an old man of 35 when you pay this off.

Get and keep comprehensive insurance. You may not be required to carry it with a private party loan, but God forbid that you would have an accident and total the car and still have, say, 7 years of payments left...

Good luck and enjoy.
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.

Welcome to the club...
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

She's a real good person... There wont be any kind of early or late payoff thing..and I will more than likely trade it off before the 10 years is over.. its just a way to get me a car and have low payments.. She'll make money off of me and I'll get a decent car.. besides.. this car will carry her new grandson...so she will be quite flexible

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jje121
    Welcome to the club...
    +1
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    May i ask why you already put a new engine in a 7 year old car, and how does FWD scare you going over the passes, FWD is a lot easier to control then RWD especially in the snow.

ANyways good luck with getting a wrx, just don't kill yourself in it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hidey ho!

Welcome to the club!

New Beetle? You admit to this? Brave you are.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by project_skyline
    May i ask why you already put a new engine in a 7 year old car, and how does FWD scare you going over the passes, FWD is a lot easier to control then RWD especially in the snow.

ANyways good luck with getting a wrx, just don't kill yourself in it.
    IB he didn't change the timing belt.

Welcome, caller! Mr Obvious is here to help as always!

Oh, I might be interested in said NB if it's cheap, but I still have a couple of months before I'm out of school.
    Last edited by e-merlin; 09-16-2006 at 08:09 PM.
    My water heater has a blow off valve.

LOL about the timing belt..

The beetle is a POS.

I got it used..the first owner abused it.. ran it without oil... the electrical has never worked..

As far as killing myself..I'm no ricer... will rarely exceed 75 mph

I dont really mind FWD... my wife has an '04 Echo.. the car is so light that it drifts on its own.. "not like real drifting...but like going off the road drifting".. I just want a subaru... end of story
    Last edited by b foxy; 09-16-2006 at 10:31 PM.

Welcome brian.

Ummm...... is it just me or does this guy sound gay? I know he said he had a wife and a kid but when I read his posts I hear a guy with a lisp in my head.

Or maybe the voices in my head are gay?

this is confusing.....

maybe its the jagermiester talking......
    2002 WRB Wagon
    Cobb Stg 1

"You just got beat by a station wagon!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmy
    Ummm...... is it just me or does this guy sound gay? I know he said he had a wife and a kid but when I read his posts I hear a guy with a lisp in my head.

Or maybe the voices in my head are gay?

this is confusing.....

maybe its the jagermiester talking......

o yea welcome by the way !

Wow timmmy.. Seems like you could use some therapy... Did uncle bad touch come over again last night in his p.j's with adult magazines and a bottle of jaeger? Try not to take it out on the new guy mmkay?

Some guys drive huge trucks with big lifts to make up for what they are lacking.. I drive a New Beetle.. whats that tell ya lol

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    wow ... Welcome to the club... enjoy your Beetle.
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast