such thing as haggling "only price?"
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on such thing as haggling "only price?" within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I took Friday and next Monday off so I can spend the weekend getting into an 06 wrx wagon. I ...

Question such thing as haggling "only price?"

I took Friday and next Monday off so I can spend the weekend getting into an 06 wrx wagon. I know one of the dealers has something they call the "only price." Any one else buy a wrx under these "terrms?"

Just wondering what I'm going to be going up against when I go into the dealer. Should I be expecting anything with this deal other than what is on the sticker? Or is there room to work with?

My apologies if I didn't get my point through clearly. Any help would be appreciated... I've waited so long for this!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Ludicrous Speed's Avatar
    It's pretty simple - unless they're Carmax or Saturn, everyone haggles. Even Saturn dealers are tacking on "market adjustment" prices to the Sky. It pretty much just boils down to this - if that dealership's "only price" isn't the best price you can get, then go somewhere else (and let them know). Good luck!
    You must unlearn what you have learned!

Quote Originally Posted by osurex
    I took Friday and next Monday off so I can spend the weekend getting into an 06 wrx wagon. I know one of the dealers has something they call the "only price." Any one else buy a wrx under these "terrms?"

Just wondering what I'm going to be going up against when I go into the dealer. Should I be expecting anything with this deal other than what is on the sticker? Or is there room to work with?

My apologies if I didn't get my point through clearly. Any help would be appreciated... I've waited so long for this!
    When I bought my '06 last month, they were pretty anxious to sell it. They'll even be more so now. Let us know what price the MSRP is and what they are trying to sell it for, and we'll let you know if it's a good deal or not. If they won't give you a price over the phone they are probably intent on strong arming you when you go in. You might want to avoid them unless you're like me and enjoy watching them sweat.
    2006 WRX WRB Wagon
    Stage 2 Cobb catless DP and Borla Hush CBE
    *Total Loss*

Know your market. Get some pricing info from KBB.com and NADA.com (I believe those are the right names). Check a few on-line car sales sites like Autotrader.com and Carsforsale.com . Those will give you a good idea of what to pay.

When you know how much you want to pay, then you can negotiate.

There is a "one price" dealer here in town and they don't budge as far as I know. If they can't get close to my price, I walk. There are a hundred more of the exact same thing for sale elsewhere.
    My water heater has a blow off valve.

I went into the "Only price" dealer and got a quote of $24,500 for a Steel grey metallic Limited WRX wagon. Auto dimming mirros/compass, cargo tray and bumper cover. That's off the lot, with all the fees included. Opinions?

"no haggle pricing" = we're gonna **** you on the price, and dont bother *****ing about it

Quote Originally Posted by osurex
    I went into the "Only price" dealer and got a quote of $24,500 for a Steel grey metallic Limited WRX wagon. Auto dimming mirros/compass, cargo tray and bumper cover. That's off the lot, with all the fees included. Opinions?
    Um, that's crazy low for a limited. What was MSRP? Should have been around $28,000+

If you got $3,500+ off of MSRP, yes it's a good deal.
    2006 WRX WRB Wagon
    Stage 2 Cobb catless DP and Borla Hush CBE
    *Total Loss*

haggle away

My wife and I bought an '06 Rex Wagon a couple of months back. The dealer showed us the invoice and we ended up paying a couple of hundred below the invoice. That was cutting into the manufacturer hold-back. So, it just depends on how badly they want to sell the car. Our dealer really wanted to move a car that day. I'm not sure why, but, they were willing to give us a good deal and make a pretty small profit. I even got two full refills when I had to take the car back to have a couple of small paint blems touched up. So, haggle away. You should expect the dealer to ask you to pay sticker. They want to make money and they should want to make money. You just have to work on how much money they are going to make off of you

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.