NEW!wrx soon...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on NEW!wrx soon... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey everybody, im new on here, i have a 05 nissan spec v, and a 89 240sx and im bout ...

Registered User revolvedspecv05's Avatar

Smile NEW!wrx soon...

hey everybody, im new on here, i have a 05 nissan spec v, and a 89 240sx and im bout to trade my spec in for a wrx! its pretty exciting to me, ive always wanted one, now im makin it happen.
    but i do have a question, im lookin at a 05 wrx and a 06 wrx tr, which would you think is better, the 06 has a 2.5 in it correct compared to the 05's 2.0? thats the only thing i was thinkin would it be worth payin a lil more for the 2.5 or is it not a huge deal?

thanks!
    07 tr. gone...

current, sr20 powered s14...

bug eye coming soon?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sweet i think the 2.5 gives you like 3 more hp i think......so its 230 instead of 227. but either one will be awesome.

yea i guess im looking at which one will give more potential in the long run...
    not just trying to talk but my goal will be around the 400hp range when the time comes...
    i guess its not a really big isue tho.
    07 tr. gone...

bug eye coming soon?

While the .5L dosn't give you much HP from the factory, you get a powerhouse with the potential for great things. I vote 06 TR. Its a good time to buy becuase the dealers are eager to get rid of the current model year inventory.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

Quote Originally Posted by street1117
    sweet i think the 2.5 gives you like 3 more hp i think......so its 230 instead of 227. but either one will be awesome.
    Actually they are seriously under rated. Dynoes have shown that from the factory they have about 260+ horsepower. Go to Cobb's website and check out the dyno
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Dont look at the number of 3 hp. The car is underated and gives you a much more usable power band. The 06 also has much better brakes (4 pots up front 2 on the rear). If it was up to me I'd get the 06 TR as you have a much better platform, and you know your starting with a new car not someone elses headache.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Good luck getting your new wrx...
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

Even though they SAY there's only a 3 hp increase, as previously mentioned, the '06s power is underrated. They are significantly faster than the EJ20 models. They also have quite a bit more torque @ 235 ft/lbs. Better brakes, better platform... '06s FTW performance wise.

btw, welcome and good luck on getting your new car!
    2006 World Rally Blue Pearl TR Sedan.
    OEM fogs
    OEM Rear deck lid
    -much more to come-
    VAG-EYE-NA is a beautiful thing!!
    Lifes Necessities: Food,Clothing,Shelter and SUBARUS!!

I Support ClubWRX
    2006 FTW. They're fast from the factory and will provide a better platform for future modifications, as previously stated. The 2.5L motor is really a beast.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

sounds good, i figured might as well spend the money up front for the 2.5 06 instead of getting the 2.0 and spending more money for less power in the future.
    07 tr. gone...

bug eye coming soon?

I did the same with my 03 Spec V (And I had 2 240's to boot). Nissan does not get my respect any more. The Spec was nice, but their current lineup blows. 350z is cute, but man does it seem cheaply made to me.

I'd say it depends on the price difference between the two. If you're going to save a couple thousand, I'd go with the 05. The TR is pretty nice, and I would have considered it but as soon as you start modding, say bye bye to your warranty (and that extra value in a newer car). I got an 03 to keep it cheap and I really like the ej20.

What I'd do again if I could was keep the spec v, buy a 02 bugeye, and do a motor build and trans build. I think I could have built a stronger car if I did it myself. Payments suck.

yea i love the nissans, and the spec is a nice car...for front wheel drive, prob the only front wheel drive performance oriented car id ever buy.but the engine is kinda week,and the aftermarket parts are very limited. and the 240 is awesome,thats the one car you can not go wrong with when your on a budget or just want somethin powerfull, light and rear wheel drive,put a sr20det in there and you have a beast.

but yes payments suck and i could def not afford 2 cars on payments,thats kinda why im selling the spec and the 240, so i can have 1 car to have fun with instaed of paying for 2!

i guess ill just look for the best deal, and see what my trade in is, maybe ill get hooked up and find a 06
    07 tr. gone...

bug eye coming soon?

Welcome!
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

06 hands down, both are great cars but the extra .5 L can't hurt in the long run

yea no doubt the 2.5 is the better engine for performance or seo it is seeming, i guess it will come down to how much my trade in is, how much i can throw down up front, and how much i can get a 06 for compared to a older model...

sooo its all good
    07 tr. gone...

bug eye coming soon?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.