New to the Forum

This is a discussion on New to the Forum within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Guys, New to the forums here, coming from 2GStratus.org. I used to own a 2001 Sebring Coupe until this ...

New to the Forum

Hey Guys,

New to the forums here, coming from 2GStratus.org. I used to own a 2001 Sebring Coupe until this past week when it was stolen and totalled outside of Flint, MI. So now I am left looking for a new vehicle and am pretty hooked on a WRX, 02 maybe an 03. My question for all of you guys is, how long do these cars generally last. I am very farmiliar with the Mitsu Platforms, but not at all with the Subie chassis. Most of the Eclipse 3G's will run without problems up to about 100k miles, how about with these Turbo 4's better or worse? Last thing, a 2002 WRX Wagon with about 88K miles on it...is it worth $10.5K? Or can I do better, thats about all I want to spend right now, and I do kinda need a car to get me back and forth to work everyday.

Thanks Again Guys,

Matt

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The safety and reliability of Subaru is excellent. Of course you are always going to have exceptions. I was a little bit concerned about the reliability of a turbo charged 4 cyclinder. I have read quotes in auto magazines referring to Subaru's boxer engine as being "bullet proof" as far as reliability. I think most of the bad tranny and engine issues are the results of abuse. Since you live in Michigan, a Subaru is an excellent choice. The WRX is a true 365 days a year sports car. As far as price go to edmunds.com and price the car ytou are looking for. The WRX is a completely different animal than a Dodge Stratus. Have you driven a WRX yet?
    2004 WRX

Mine is an 02 with 75k on it and Runs rely rely good. All Subaru's I see are long term cars, all their modles. It's a good choice .
    .......... two cents below _______________
    02 WRX/ owner since I could dream.
    WFC The 3rd III cobbcobbcobbcobbcobbcobb
    (((((((((((((((( NOW STAGE2 ))))))))))))))))
    _______________________________.

Quote Originally Posted by 2004SilverWRX
    The safety and reliability of Subaru is excellent. Of course you are always going to have exceptions. I was a little bit concerned about the reliability of a turbo charged 4 cyclinder. I have read quotes in auto magazines referring to Subaru's boxer engine as being "bullet proof" as far as reliability. I think most of the bad tranny and engine issues are the results of abuse. Since you live in Michigan, a Subaru is an excellent choice. The WRX is a true 365 days a year sports car. As far as price go to edmunds.com and price the car ytou are looking for. The WRX is a completely different animal than a Dodge Stratus. Have you driven a WRX yet?
    Yea...I've driven a few WRX's in my day. I work as a test engineer for Dana Corp. I've driven cars you haven't seen yet. The new Z06, next gen Viper, CCR by Konisseg (spelling?), Evo's, STi's, GT500's, and so on, not all sports cars either, Pickups, SUV's...everything.

I know it's nothing like an Eclipse (Thats what the Stratus and Sebring Coupes really are), thats why I figured I'd ask these questions. Thanks for the help and the reply's fella's.

first off welcome and good luck with the hunt.

my 02 just rolled over 71k and the only thing wrong is i need a new ac compressor... other than that, she drives like a champ!!

Welcome!
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Well I'm gonna look for an 02' Sedan WRX for around $10-11K...if you guys know of one let me know, I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXgotit
    Mine is an 02 with 75k on it and Runs rely rely good. All Subaru's I see are long term cars, all their modles. It's a good choice .
    I have an 03 with 72k and it runs good. I am told that suby's will last a long time. I sure hope so I do about 25-28k a year.... BTW welcome to the club..
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.