new guy here
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on new guy here within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guy, ive finially decided to get away from the dsm's and move to the wrx's. i love these cars ...

new guy here

hey guy, ive finially decided to get away from the dsm's and move to the wrx's. i love these cars alot. main reason why coming onto this site is to get alot of info on them and also get some questions answered.

so maybe it can start rite here. im looking at a few 02's rite now, i hear that they have some tranny problems? true? im not going to be launching this car or draging it hard. what should i look for on these cars when buying one?

thanks for the help

seth

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    WRX transmissions are just fine.

The only thing I'd really, really look for in a used WRX is few or no modifications (or evidence of mods). Not easy to find, but it can be done.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

oh no, i will def not get one with mods unless its just an exhaust. no kid owned, because u know how that could end up.

but other then that what else should i look for, problem wise with these cars, unless for the most part they dont have any?

Welcome
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Welcome
    when buying used always get a car fax report!

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rr1911
    Welcome
    when buying used always get a car fax report!

Great Advice !

Welcome to the club...
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Welcome and good luck finding a un-fooled around with wrx.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

Hey and welcome!
    Regarding your transmission problem, it's the kind of thing that's been talked about much on here. It boils down to the WRX having a first and second gear that can be destroyed if you beat on 'em. If you search, you'll find gallons of info on it, no question.

There really aren't a lot of other incredibly common issues. Unmodded these are incredibly reliable cars. Modded, you will still see a lot of reliability up into really high horsepower ranges.

Good luck on your search, and don't dismiss the newer models. I'm of the opinion that, while I love bugeyes, WRX's have gotten better with each iteration (of course I have an '06, so I'm biased). Stick around, read much, and have fun!
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

I have the 02 and my trany's steller . It has about 75K on it now runnin strong.
    Even look harder than what you see, some times you can see where mods have been. I test drove a prior WRX to mine and on a strateaway I got on it and let off quickly and the turo hoses blew off!!!! . It had a bigger turbo previously and stock was put back on. Also listen to how it idles you can tell alot off the idle .

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

Definitely check out the 'Car Purchasing Forum' here. Good luck!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I'm new here 2 - I just got an '06 about 2 months ago, but a good friend han a '02 & thats the main reason I got mine - he has a ton of mod's & its a evryday driver w/ no issues - its still the stock trans - so I agree w/ everyone - watch for a car thats been driving hard - good luck!

around where i live, i have alot of wrx's to choose from that are stock. its just i really dont want one with over 50 or 60k on it. i test drove a 02 the other day that had 50k on it and it drove really nice. so what about the idle, u can tell how a motor is lol. i think i know what u mean. what are some more pointers that i should use when going to get one?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.