Sold the Neon, Got the Rex
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Sold the Neon, Got the Rex within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys n gals. Finally sold the crap machine (srt-4) Got an 06 charcoal WRX with 3 miles on it! ...

Sold the Neon, Got the Rex (PICS ADDED)

Hey guys n gals. Finally sold the crap machine (srt-4) Got an 06 charcoal WRX with 3 miles on it! This car feels soo much better than the neon. Quicker, electronic windows, awd, i could go on for hours. Just wanting to say hello. Im a military guy stationed in pensacola. Be seeing you.

Heres pics of old and new. The neon had turboback, intake, s2, and a huge fmic. it was at about 300hp 310tq

Me and my flight suit.

I love my interior!

Last edited by NoMoreNeon; 08-26-2006 at 06:40 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good choice and congrats!
    06 Protuned Stg2 WRB WRX
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #123

Just incase anyones interested in the story about the neon, here it is:
    http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284309

Talking

Congrats on the new Subaru! I amdit too that I used to have a Nissan, and my new WRX is the best car far and away that I have EVER driven. How do you like yours so far?

Wow, you really got hated on by those SRT guys. . . .

They're probably just mad because they drive Neons.

Seriously, welcome to the WRX. You made a good choice

Lightbulb

Oh, and I read your thread on the SRT4 forums. If I had a car that gave me that much trouble, I would be upset too. Subarus from what I know of them from my family who has one and others are not only reliable but excellent on safety and performance.

The SRT4 might be fast, but they still WERE neons. A light car plus a turbo should go fast. I might be wrong, but I don't see them offering much else. Besides, the new 2006 WRXs 0-60 times from what I have read are around 5.70 for a manual, 6.55 for the automatics, STOCK. That plus AWD, safety, reliability and performance and comfort, I would and did choose Subaru.

That thread was hillarious!!! All they could talk about was how wrx's suck!!!
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

I just read the whole thread on the SRT forum. I don't think a single person said anything good about the WRX.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaWRX
    Oh, and I read your thread on the SRT4 forums. If I had a car that gave me that much trouble, I would be upset too. Subarus from what I know of them from my family who has one and others are not only reliable but excellent on safety and performance.

The SRT4 might be fast, but they still WERE neons. A light car plus a turbo should go fast. I might be wrong, but I don't see them offering much else. Besides, the new 2006 WRXs 0-60 times from what I have read are around 5.70 for a manual, 6.55 for the automatics, STOCK. That plus AWD, safety, reliability and performance and comfort, I would and did choose Subaru.
    Actually MSN said 0-60 was 5.49! Wooo!!!
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

Congrats

Pics?

Peachypumpkincheeks

and Welcome to the Club!!!

Congrats on the '06! Post pics ASAP! (You can post some of the srt-4 too!)
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Congrats on the rex!

OT: Ok, I saw in someone's sig on srtforums that his 11.8x srt was the fastest non n2o srt in the country... Sorry if thats some sort of sarcasm I'm not getting...
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

One word wow, how come all other turbo car lovers that are not Subaru's or Evo owners (ie srt, cobaltss, ) think there small cars are the best, yes you do get bang for your buck but you also get what you paid for, i personally came to Subaru not only cuz it can own almost any car off the line but becuase it is reliable if mod it right and it is soo safe Goodbye SRT-4 Hello very friendly WRX members

It's sad when car enthusiasts cannot appreciate car brands besides their own. Do people even use SRT-4's on the track or for auto-x? It seems they are just highway beasts.

Congrats on getting the wrx. You'll be happy not having to fix your car all the time.
    2006 SGM STi Cobb Stage II

Talking

Welcome to the forums, most everyone here in the WRX forums is really nice compaired to other forums. So ask if you need anything, and I hope you enjoy your new WRX!!! I know that I am enjoying mine so far!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.