Sold the Neon, Got the Rex - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Sold the Neon, Got the Rex within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex We are still not as bad as the SRT4 forums though. yeah the SRT-forums are ...

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    We are still not as bad as the SRT4 forums though.
    yeah the SRT-forums are still worse an probably always will be, but were getting closer.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    +1.

I find this mostly with newer 06' owners though. They seem to think the 2006 wrx was a gift bestowed upon them by God and the greatest car ever.
    I think it's just a case of a few bad apples. Most of the '06 guys see alright to me. Yeah, they like their cars best, just as we liked ours when they were new. No biggie.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Banned
    can't we all just get along??? Unfortunately some car owners will never look past their own car to give anything else the light of day. How self-centered and narrow minded. **** my wrx wagon is quick but my 1991 talon with stock block and 3500 in bolt ons was way faster. I ran 12.9 with a fwd that is impressive with stock turbo. Car only cost me 2000 so it was boatloads cheaper than my wrx but hey my wrx is the newest car I have owned so it is light years better than anything I have had before. even though it isn't the fastest (yet) car I have ever owned it is by far the best overall car I have ever owned. Practicality, reliability and power. As well as all my creature comforts.

lawl I kan role my back winders dawn.

it r still a neaon ROFL!

I think a lot of it has to do with the age group of SRT-4 owners. I'm willing to bet the average age of this forum is much higher than that of their's. Don't get me wrong, most of us are probably 18-25 or so. But I think there are a lot more 30 and 40 year olds on this forum. And a lot more people with knowledge of cars and racing. That's a big problem with the SRT-4 is that speed comes so cheap. Any 16 year old kid with some money from mommy or daddy can buy one of those cars, stuff a few grand under the hood and run 11s at a high trap speed. Any 18 year old college freshman or first term military kid can buy their way into one. I think most of them don't really respect the car or the power that goes with it. They don't really have to know crap about the car or be a decent driver, but they can have over 300whp for really cheap. Hence why a lot of them are not only jackasses, but stupid SRT-4 fanboys instead of actual car enthusiasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkers
    I think a lot of it has to do with the age group of SRT-4 owners. I'm willing to bet the average age of this forum is much higher than that of their's. Don't get me wrong, most of us are probably 18-25 or so. But I think there are a lot more 30 and 40 year olds on this forum. And a lot more people with knowledge of cars and racing. That's a big problem with the SRT-4 is that speed comes so cheap. Any 16 year old kid with some money from mommy or daddy can buy one of those cars, stuff a few grand under the hood and run 11s at a high trap speed. Any 18 year old college freshman or first term military kid can buy their way into one. I think most of them don't really respect the car or the power that goes with it. They don't really have to know crap about the car or be a decent driver, but they can have over 300whp for really cheap. Hence why a lot of them are not only jackasses, but stupid SRT-4 fanboys instead of actual car enthusiasts.
    brace yourself, with wrx's selling for 12k . . we're in for it!

Banned
    Ha but they will probably drop the drivetrain out of the car before they go too far.

I happen to like SRT4's, WRX's, teh Acura RSX type-S, teh EVO, and, believe it or not, I even have a little bit of growing love for teh CobaltSS. I drive my WRX because it makes me smile more than my RSX type-S did, but I still really liked that RSX. These cars are all fun in their own right. We just have a little more fun when the road gets twisty.
    I drive a WRX and work for Harley-Davidson .

Blobeye Syndicate #42
    GO CUBBIES!!!
    '05 CGM WRX

Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    I love chowder. Cuz it rhymes with powder.

Banned
    this is true all have great qualities and draw backs just like anything really. Love em for what you love em for and hate em for what you hate em for. simple as that. But yeah I want winter to come sooner this year now that I have all terrain capability. AWD Donuts!!!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunkers
    But I think there are a lot more 30 and 40 year olds on this forum.
    Those old jerks better steer clear of this forum.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I recently got a 05 wrx from an 03 srt4. I loved that car and planned on keeping it till the wheels fell off, but some asshat slammed it and after a couple of concrete barriers,and few 360's, it just wasnt the same. Then I couldnt get a new one since they dont make then anymore, and I damn sure didnt wanna take my chances on a used one. While shopping around for a new car I came across an 05 wrx, test drove it, and loved it. It was also used, but the original owner had less than 10k miles and took great care of it.
    I also cruised the srtforums, they had a lot of great info and really helpful people on there. Of course there were always a few idiots who hide behind the anonymity of the internet and say crap they would never say to someones face, ie. e-thugs, but even this site has them. Most just choose to ignore the idiots, after all its the responses to the retatrded statements that drive them to continue. I have noticed that this board doesnt seem to be as active as others though, and posts with questions get shot down with a 'do a search'. Well if I found it on a search I certainly wouldnt be asking.
    I dig the wrx, I get a lot of compliments on it, and there arent a lot of them running around which makes it a bit unique. It doesnt feel like it comes alive until after 3k rpms compared to the srt which was quick right off the line, but the handling feels great, and it is so much quieter than the srt at highway speeds. I did like that the srt was really easy to upgrade, and it responded well to upgrades, as for the wrx, Im not sure where to start modding or where to go for parts yet besides ebay, but Im sure Ill get it figured out. The wrx I got is pearl blue, has an Apexi turbo timer (which I hear is pointless), tein hood dampeners, 18"rays g-games wheels and pirelli tires, and a turbo xs stainless exhaust, which I replaced with the stock one because it was too loud and made the car shudder at idle, but it made great power. Anyway, I look forward to learning a lot from this group and having fun personalizing the wrx. Anyone need a driveway to turn wrenches in, Im always up to help do some modding. End of the longest post EVAR!!!

Cheers!
    Dusty

is it just me or does that forum have alot of made up and/or exaggerate stories?

not calling them liars by any means, but some of those stories just seem unbelievable.

congrats on the switch man, if your happy with your buy thats all that really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by np0000000
    is it just me or does that forum have alot of made up and/or exaggerate stories?

not calling them liars by any means, but some of those stories just seem unbelievable.

congrats on the switch man, if your happy with your buy thats all that really matters.
    agreed
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Welcome and congrats. I really dont think the flight suit will be necessary with the WRX, but after some modding, who knows.
    gary noonan | senior artist | animator
    Bethesda Game Studios

speaking of fed up with srts...my boy has a 05 srt4 and he put on a Mopar BOV a few months ago now this past week for some reason the car starting boosting insanely high like 20+,so he brought it to the dealership and what do you think they said!!!! Who installed this? he said i did and they were like okay you warrenty is voided and to fix the problem its 95 bucks an hour!!!! they claim the bov is the problem of course..but i doubt thats it..still not sure what could cause the car to boost so high but either way once its fixed i know hes selling it...glad you saw the light..one thing i can say those cars are quick and the drivetrain is quite powerful..but what about the rest of the car its still got alot of neon parts and accesories perfct example just look at any neon or expresso with some mileage and your looking in the future basically

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.