Sold the Neon, Got the Rex - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Sold the Neon, Got the Rex within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ah fanboys....

ah fanboys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just always assumed that everyone who said dont get the srt-4 it's a dodge and unreliable, I thought most of that badmouthing was partly due just to assumption. I thought, new cars nowadays couldnt be that unreliable. AFter reading this thread and the srt-4 thread I realize I was wrong. I can personally vouch for this too because my old car was a mazdaspeed protege. Seeing as how mazda and ford are one in the same, the problems with my car make sense. The engine ran beautifully. But damn near everything else sucked crapola. I had literally thousands of rattles, repeat problems that were fixed and came back such as subwoofer panel rattle, sway bar creaking, had to get a reflash from dealer, my door spot weld came off one time which is ridiculous, and too many other problems. I must admit though, despite all that, I miss that freaking car. It looks so sexy and it was my first car.
    http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showt...hp?t=123637985
    Mini Superman with four legs
    2006 Midnight Black Pearl WRX

yeah I know, I loved reading all the wrx tranny comments after the one srt owners said he replaced his 4 times. &^@*n idiots.

hah, and I thought subydrew and cjm04wrx were the only ones that had their trans rebuilt/replaced more than 4 times!

06WRX injectors = 550-560cc's they are more then effecient for a vf39, the fuel pump is also fine dont let anyone tell you otherwise, When you go to maybe 20psi or if you plan on going EWG and pushing it to 22psi and meth(which requires AP) then you might wanna get a fuel pump (which I still dont think youll need). But see I got lucky and found somebody who knows how to tune so I didnt need to have an AP(which is why I sold mine and broke even from what I spent) and he didnt charge me anything since Ive helped him out in the past and hes my friend. Also he had a wideband which just plugs right into the downpipe.(on the megan). And yeah I could go alot faster but since we dont have a AWD dyno any where and well he would charge me for using up that much time he tuned it very conservitive. And I wanted something quiet so I stuck with the stock catback 2.25 which sucks for spool. But if any of you want the map Im using and you got an openport cord feel free to msg me, just know its just meant solely for my car if youve got the exact same mods it should work fine but thats at your own risk. ONce I get the money for dyno time and go EWG(still havent decided yet) and tune for 20psi.... Its gonna be NASTY.

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    I stopped reading their comments after the 1st page, biggest evo manic losers ever.

They should rename their forum, the car enthusiat rejects because all they care about is there stupid SRT-4's.

its cool I didnt see that one post you made.But the 06WRX has the potential (to a certain point) to be faster then an SRT4 mod for mod. The limiting factor still remians the turbo, even with an STi turbo it still limits to what you can do since the VF39 is so small. But my buddy with an STi went EWG just at 14.5psi of boost and it was pulling as hard as it did when he was running 19psi. That tells yah something. Any way be proud of yah purchase you made a good one. 03 SRT4's suck, 04's on the other hand are abit better but regardless youde have the same problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Sypher
    06WRX injectors = 550-560cc's they are more then effecient for a vf39, the fuel pump is also fine dont let anyone tell you otherwise, When you go to maybe 20psi or if you plan on going EWG and pushing it to 22psi and meth(which requires AP) then you might wanna get a fuel pump (which I still dont think youll need). But see I got lucky and found somebody who knows how to tune so I didnt need to have an AP(which is why I sold mine and broke even from what I spent) and he didnt charge me anything since Ive helped him out in the past and hes my friend. Also he had a wideband which just plugs right into the downpipe.(on the megan). And yeah I could go alot faster but since we dont have a AWD dyno any where and well he would charge me for using up that much time he tuned it very conservitive. And I wanted something quiet so I stuck with the stock catback 2.25 which sucks for spool. But if any of you want the map Im using and you got an openport cord feel free to msg me, just know its just meant solely for my car if youve got the exact same mods it should work fine but thats at your own risk. ONce I get the money for dyno time and go EWG(still havent decided yet) and tune for 20psi.... Its gonna be NASTY.
    what's EWG?
    Mini Superman with four legs
    2006 Midnight Black Pearl WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Assuming External Wastegate.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

yeah external waste gate sorry. Seems like a trend lately but it really has results. And it sounds sweeeeeeeeeeet. I was gonna go EWG with a stock catback and freak people out but since Ultimate racing came out with a new turbo kit, I may put that on hold.

im not dissin on you but all (and i mean all) srt owners iv ever met are asshats
    wow you traded a neon for an impreza. rocket science.

looks like you traded one turd for another. enjoy.
    wtf kinda comment is that, the impreza is such a better car than a neon

congrats on the wrx, welcome to nice side
    -05 CGM STi Blobeye Syndicate #4
    -97 Acura SLX totaled 231k
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

welcome to the site! Hopefully your wrx will treat you better than your srt
    Cobb Stage 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by eld4au6
    wtf kinda comment is that, the impreza is such a better car than a neon

congrats on the wrx, welcome to nice side
    Every car has its fanboys, including us, and fans of different cars define their loyalty in different ways. Sure, from a strict enthusiast's point of view, the Impreza may indeed be a "much better car". From the point of view of someone looking for value as their number one criteria, a base Neon was many thousands less than a base Impreza, and similarly the SRT-4 offered enormous performance value compared to even a TR WRX.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

bump for new people.

I suppose there is no reason to try and debate which car is the better car here. Granted, the WRX is more refined, better quality parts, more reliable, has AWD traction, and handles better.... but in the end, the SRT4 make much more power for much less and to some people, I guess that is more important than everything else I just listed

Either way though, it is pretty ridiculous how they are unable to respect a car for what it is and what it deserves. Many people here (including me) respect the SRT4 for its capabilities, and I find it funny how out of like 7 pages there were less than 3 or 4 people that actually showed respect for the WRX.

And that is precisely why SRT4 owners have such a bad name.

Anyways, good luck with your wrx.... I am sure you will love it
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast