Sold the Neon, Got the Rex - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Sold the Neon, Got the Rex within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Thats the kinda attitude ive been looking for. Thanks. I think that the wrx is already faster than my old ...

Thats the kinda attitude ive been looking for. Thanks. I think that the wrx is already faster than my old neon. With all the mods i listed above i couldnt get it to run any better than a 14.5! and that was with a professional driver! It was such a lemon and i should have taken it back. O well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey congrats on the WRX. I just made a conversion from dodge to subaru, and I honestly couldn't be happier. I'm only 1,000 miles into my scooby, but it's the funnest ride I've owned to date. You'll love every minute of the rex, and welcome to the forums.

Congrats on the new rex..
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

Cheap 4 FASTER Like WHOA!!! Edumucation 1 dizzle 1
    05 SRT4 300hp = Stage 2, exhaust, MBC, And constant resetting of ECU
    06 WRX 300whp = Downpipe,STI Turbo, STi Topmount, Reflash
    05 SRT4 = 13.1 105
    06 WRX = 12.8 105/106
    .................................................. .................................................. ........
    Cheap 4 FASTER Like WHOA!! Edumucation 1 dizzle 2
    05 SRT4 Stage 2 = $1599
    05 SRT4 Exhaust = $500-800
    05 SRT4 Constant Resetting of ECU = Priceless
    06 WRX Downpipe = $160-200(Megan)
    06 WRX Sti Turbo = $250-300(Everywhere)
    06 WRX Topmount = $180-300 (Everywhere, STi, Ebay)
    06 WRX Reflash = FREE OpenECU.org(Biotches!)...OpenPort Cord $80
    .................................................. .................................................. ........
    06 WRX Amount of money spent (Me personally ) = $700
    05 SRT 4 Amount of money spent = I stopped counting after the price of Stage 2
    ........................................... .................................................. ..
    Last edited by Sypher; 08-27-2006 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreNeon
    Thanks for all the friendly welcomes guys n gals. I think im going to enjoy the impreza way more than the neon. I'll post up some neon and rex pics sometime soon. Is it true that the 06s have a detuned version of the sti motor? i know its a 2.5L so whats the difference and where should i look for a direction to go with mods for my car?
    Haha, my friend you have just stumbled upon the extremely underatted 06 wrx with the sti block. If you didn't know yet, the 06's have been able to run 13.7-13.8's STOCK. Really the 06's have about 250bhp give or take and gobs more torque. So for all the srt-4 owners saying its slower stock, THE 06'S ARE HERE!
    Mini Superman with four legs
    2006 Midnight Black Pearl WRX

Quote Originally Posted by bl0wnb0xerbabiE
    Haha, my friend you have just stumbled upon the extremely underatted 06 wrx with the sti block. If you didn't know yet, the 06's have been able to run 13.7-13.8's STOCK. Really the 06's have about 250bhp give or take and gobs more torque. So for all the srt-4 owners saying its slower stock, THE 06'S ARE HERE!
    DING DING DING
    I pulled 5 cars on a stage 2 SRT4 with toys last night. And Ive spent FAR less then what he has. 06 wrx is in a different league then the 2.0liters as far as bang for buck. As for Sti's =\ I still havent ran one of them mfers yet they to scared of the WRX !!(Kidding kidding) But youll love your car man just treat it right and dont bang gears and research alot. Im running 12's for less then what some people pay for there damn catback exhaust and you can do the same damn thing maybe even cheaper. Before you buy anything RESEARCH on it. Search here, Nasioc, i-club, hell even iwsti because alot of those things the Sti boys know we should know too about are engines.

doesn't the 06 wrx have higher compression.

As for the thread on srt4orums and people bashing imprezas and what not, look at it from their eyes and re-read this thread.

Edit: and reading about your warranty issues with the srt4, if you want a warranty on your subaru don't drive it hard and definately don't mod it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    doesn't the 06 wrx have higher compression.

As for the thread on srt4orums and people bashing imprezas and what not, look at it from their eyes and re-read this thread.

Edit: and reading about your warranty issues with the srt4, if you want a warranty on your subaru don't drive it hard and definately don't mod it.
    I don't get what your saying about looking it from their eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Sypher
    DING DING DING
    I pulled 5 cars on a stage 2 SRT4 with toys last night. And Ive spent FAR less then what he has. 06 wrx is in a different league then the 2.0liters as far as bang for buck. As for Sti's =\ I still havent ran one of them mfers yet they to scared of the WRX !!(Kidding kidding) But youll love your car man just treat it right and dont bang gears and research alot. Im running 12's for less then what some people pay for there damn catback exhaust and you can do the same damn thing maybe even cheaper. Before you buy anything RESEARCH on it. Search here, Nasioc, i-club, hell even iwsti because alot of those things the Sti boys know we should know too about are engines.
    Im curious as to how your running 12's with less than 600 dollars in mods?

haha nevermind, I got it. So, you own an srt-4 too?
    Last edited by bl0wnb0xerbabiE; 08-27-2006 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bl0wnb0xerbabiE
    haha nevermind, I got it. So, you own an srt-4 too?
    me?

I had a crawling almost stock wrx and now I've got a crawling stock evo.

what are you talking about? Read CHEAP 4 THE FASTER LIKE WHOA Edumacation 1 dizzle 2. and I was exagerating the amount I spent, to the penny was $710 give or take. $80 openport cord(I know a buddy that can tune)..Sti turbo ($290)... Sti topmount ($160) got a good deal, Meagn downpipe $160. give or take oil, coolant misc crap and a MBC $100(Hallman) Tuned with a wideband at 18psi hitting 10-10.5 AFRs its EASY to run a 12.9/12.8 with a stock catback. Im not spooling to good since Im on the stock catback but its still good enough for a 12.98(HAHA 12's are 12's) Any way. Yes its doable you just gotta get the best deals and know someone who knows there **** and has a wideband (megan downpipe has wideband bung built in haha).
    Last edited by Sypher; 08-27-2006 at 12:12 PM.

wow those are some amazing prices that you can get, I don't think that in most cases you can get stolen stuff that cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sypher
    what are you talking about? Read CHEAP 4 THE FASTER LIKE WHOA Edumacation 1 dizzle 2. and you are gay and I was exagerating the amount I spent to the penny was $710 give or take. $80 openport cord(I know a buddy that can tune)..Sti turbo ($290)... Sti topmount ($160) got a good deal, Meagn downpipe $160. give or take oil, coolant misc crap and a MBC $100(Hallman) Tuned with a wideband at 18psi hitting 10-10.5 AFRs its EASY to run a 12.9/12.8 with a stock catback. Im not spooling to good since Im on the stock catback but its still good enough for a 12.98(HAHA 12's are 12's) Any way. Salutations.
    You misread me, when I posted that, I looked up and saw the "cheap 4 the faster like who edumacation 1 dizzle". Then I commented saying "haha, nevermind I got it". Then the other person thought I was talking to him. Also, I knew that you were estimating the price of everything, that's why I estimated 600 give or take in my mind. Anyways, so you didn't need upgraded injectors or a fuel pump to run the vf39??? ON a different note, I think you could hit the mid 12's with misscelanous crap like pulley and catback etc.

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Wow there's so many losers on those SRT forums, they really think their cars are more reliable then wrx, HA. Imports own American cars when i come to quality.

I especially like their comment about the tranny on the wrx.

The one thing i love about these forums overall all over ones I've been to is even if you don't drive a subaru you can still be here and like it, everyone here still loves the subaru and for good reason. After my friend got his 03' wrx i was in love, especially after driving it (performance and handling? what more could u ask for). Then after riding/driving an 04' STI i instantly feel in love with that car. For the more part this is the friendliest car forum out there. You'll be glad to have joined these forums because you can learn so much here.
    Last edited by project_skyline; 08-27-2006 at 12:31 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast