Sold the Neon, Got the Rex - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Sold the Neon, Got the Rex within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Speedette and Welcome to the Club!!! Congrats on the '06! Post pics ASAP! (You can post some ...

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    and Welcome to the Club!!!

Congrats on the '06! Post pics ASAP! (You can post some of the srt-4 too!)
    You should send me the original pic of your avatar before you put the wrx in there
    03 PSM WRX(Herbie)- Deceased
    05 PSM STI(Angus)- New numbers coming soon!

Pics and Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Wow, the SRT-4 owners acting like a fat 17yr old you just dumped.

Like an Italian joining the mob or one of my one-armed ancestors waving while in a tree, the SRT-4 guys doing nothing for their stereotype.

edit: yes, i had to post it in SRT forums. i've never used the word ninny before, but I mst say, they are a bunch of ninnies.
    Last edited by mbs627; 08-26-2006 at 05:58 AM.

Since we're on the topic of the "teh fastar" community; Yesterday I'm driving when I see an ominous black shape crest the horizon. Within seconds I cross into identifiable range, and abruptly feel a slight tightening of the chest and a twinge in my eye, latent, involuntary, somatic reflexes, the kind of conditioned reaction earned only through repeated encounters with something so heinous and depraved it triggers the emergence of survival strategies usually reticent within one's primal psyche. Teh SRT4. Only a hundred yards or so separate us now, a gap that will exist for only a thin sliver of time. Past memories of unsavory encounters with teh fastars deluge my mind with apprehension when something alarming snags my attention, the driver just stuck his whole arm out the window. A buffer just shy of 30 yards divides us now as I begin to panic, "the crazy bastard is going to throw something at me!" I think. "Why the hell else would he have his arm all the way out the window?!?" Violent thoughts flow copiously into my conscience. Just as I am thinking about how difficult it would be to dispose of a neon and some savage's body, it happens. Eye contact for a split second and we pass. Nothing happens. He was just waving. Didn't even hit his bov. I'll be damned.

CN: There are srt4 drivers out there who subscribe to the basic decorum essential to modern society.

wow those srt guys are pathetic, atleast here there are all kinds of car owners and they don't get hated on by the community

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rookie_Mvp
    wow those srt guys are pathetic, atleast here there are all kinds of car owners and they don't get hated on by the community

Kinda reminds me of some other board. Something about nazi's and socks? Hateful and creepy.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and congrats!

"Finally sold the crap machine (srt-4)" Tell us how you really feel.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Since we're on the topic of the "teh fastar" community; Yesterday I'm driving when I see an ominous black shape crest the horizon. Within seconds I cross into identifiable range, and abruptly feel a slight tightening of the chest and a twinge in my eye, latent, involuntary, somatic reflexes, the kind of conditioned reaction earned only through repeated encounters with something so heinous and depraved it triggers the emergence of survival strategies usually reticent within one's primal psyche. Teh SRT4. Only a hundred yards or so separate us now, a gap that will exist for only a thin sliver of time. Past memories of unsavory encounters with teh fastars deluge my mind with apprehension when something alarming snags my attention, the driver just stuck his whole arm out the window. A buffer just shy of 30 yards divides us now as I begin to panic, "the crazy bastard is going to throw something at me!" I think. "Why the hell else would he have his arm all the way out the window?!?" Violent thoughts flow copiously into my conscience. Just as I am thinking about how difficult it would be to dispose of a neon and some savage's body, it happens. Eye contact for a split second and we pass. Nothing happens. He was just waving. Didn't even hit his bov. I'll be damned.

CN: There are srt4 drivers out there who subscribe to the basic decorum essential to modern society.
    Great story! It had me on the edge of my seat the whole time!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Thanks for all the friendly welcomes guys n gals. I think im going to enjoy the impreza way more than the neon. I'll post up some neon and rex pics sometime soon. Is it true that the 06s have a detuned version of the sti motor? i know its a 2.5L so whats the difference and where should i look for a direction to go with mods for my car?

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats!

Hopefully you'll find that this forum is appreciative of other makes. I'm a Subie fanatic and all, but at the end of the day there are some great choices out there.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

welcome man

You'll regret not paying more for an STi you cheap prick.
    dont fret on getting a wrx. with a TBE and EM you will be right there where the sti is. for less money
    Originally Posted by speedette
    You may 'think' that you are playing "devil's advocate", but you're really more like "negative nancy".

Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreNeon
    Thanks for all the friendly welcomes guys n gals. I think im going to enjoy the impreza way more than the neon. I'll post up some neon and rex pics sometime soon. Is it true that the 06s have a detuned version of the sti motor? i know its a 2.5L so whats the difference and where should i look for a direction to go with mods for my car?
    The biggest difference is the turbo, and then there is a little more forged goodies on the Sti motor. I recommend Cobb's website if you want to mod. Take a look at there stage 2 setup, those make almost as much power as an sti. After that you could look at a turbo upgrade to the sti's vf39. Those make tons of power, and some people have vf39 powered 06's on here.
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

Anyone have a link to cobb's site?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreNeon
    Anyone have a link to cobb's site?
    www.cobbtuning.com
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

pic bump

Welcome to the club and congrats on the WRX. I know that you will love her. Wow, I just read the replies you got on the SRT4 forum. Damn, do they really have to bash like that just because someone decides to get rid of their SRT4 and get a WRX.

Don't get me wrong, I have to admit that a SRT4 is faster than a WRX on a straight line, but that's just about it. Add in a few turns and the rex rule. I also think personally that a Subaru is more reliable than a Dodge in all factors.

Like stated before, we don't care what car you really drive. We're all car enthusias here. We all love our cars and just want to learn ways to drive it better and make it perform better. So the hell with the SRT4 forums, you have just graduated to a better forum.
    Looks are everything...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast