Planning on getting a WRX...

This is a discussion on Planning on getting a WRX... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, this is my first post here........I've been looking at getting a WRX for awhile. I love the fact that ...

Planning on getting a WRX...

Hey, this is my first post here........I've been looking at getting a WRX for awhile. I love the fact that its AWD and turbocharged straight from the factory.

My questions are......

What are the differences between 2002, 2003, and 2004 models, other than the cosmetic changes to headlights and such......

What's the most WHP i can push on the stock turbo, stock clutch??? Average quarter mile times stock???

I plan on acquiring my WRX in the coming months so I'll be keeping you folks updated....and I plan on using all JDM parts as well.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm new and even I know to search first.

Quote Originally Posted by JayTR06
    I'm new and even I know to search first.
    COOL.

anyways...yeah ive looked around....but theres so many different threads that say different things.....the quarter mile times ive narrowed down to 14.5's i think?????? but i dont know, correct me if im wrong.....

I Support ClubWRX
    Searching is good. And so is randomly clicking on thread after thread.

The WRX is really not the best drag racing car - many do it though. Try autox.

Welcome to our community.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Hint: Gears (5mt), STi models, interior (well not really), exhaust... thats all i can think of.

thanks for the welcome......but yeah, i think ive found what info im looking for.....i wasnt planning on turning it into just a pure dragster...i mean i still want it to be fast as hell, but id rather it be an all around performer.....

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SwtLaotiaNix7
    thanks for the welcome......but yeah, i think ive found what info im looking for.....i wasnt planning on turning it into just a pure dragster...i mean i still want it to be fast as hell, but id rather it be an all around performer.....
    A bumper sticker on an autox car I have seen:

Drag racing is for fast cars
    Autocross is for fast drivers

The WRX has the capability of great handling (with a few suspension mods). I will take curves over straightaways any day.

Have safe, legal fun whatever you decide.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics