No longer lurking - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on No longer lurking within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Don't take what people are saying to negativly. They just dont want to see you wrap it arround a pole. ...

Don't take what people are saying to negativly. They just dont want to see you wrap it arround a pole.

Honestly ask your self why you really want the WRX. If it's to show off then thats the wrong reason.

If I we're you i'd pickup a new Impreza 2.5i. You get your AWD plus it's prety peppy. Drive it for a couple years and gain some real world driving experience. Then trade up to a WRX or STi.

But get what ever you want. This is just my .02

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I couldn't even get through the first page of this thread because it is so rediculous IMO.

I hate when other people try to discourage someone into not getting a car they want just because they are "not experienced". Furthermore why suggest to someone to get a 2.5rs when they want an STi.?

Most any car can get to 100mph whether it is a corolla or a STi. If someone irresponsible enough they will kill themselved in any car.

More power to the OP.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

Quote Originally Posted by Wrx BriT
    I couldn't even get through the first page of this thread because it is so rediculous IMO.

I hate when other people try to discourage someone into not getting a car they want just because they are "not experienced". Furthermore why suggest to someone to get a 2.5rs when they want an STi.?

Most any car can get to 100mph whether it is a corolla or a STi. If someone irresponsible enough they will kill themselved in any car.

More power to the OP.
    +1000
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

not getting a car for anyone but myself. obviously i havnt driven one yet *cant wait!* but i do know how to read and have been doin a lot. seems like the best car for me for under 30k is a wrx. if i wanted to impress my friends id get the audi a3 with quattro, but they are boring looking and sort of an old man car.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    It does seem to me that the initial responses were a bit strong even if well intentioned. When I was in high school we all drove V8 rear wheel drive cars in the snow. I don't remember anyone having a ridiculous wreck, although we bent some rims and others a quarter or two. Driving any car is risky, and you have to be careful no matter what. If I was 16 and could convince my parents to but me a WRX, I wouldn't listen to anyone trying to tell me to get something less. Would you?

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist
    If I was 16 and could convince my parents to but me a WRX, I wouldn't listen to anyone trying to tell me to get something less. Would you?
    You're right, if I was 16 and in this situation, I probably woudn't listen either. The point is, that most of us that are simply trying to caution him are no longer 16, some of us are actually twice that age and more, and are only speaking with somewhat of a hind-sight, which, as the saying goes, is 20/20. The fact is that while you can go 100mph in nearly any car you are more likely to do so in a sporty car because it's easier to do so. Being that it is a WRX only makes it a bit worse because it is a more confidence inspiring car, which could be a bad thing for an individual with limited driving experience to begin with.

His parents WILL buy him the car, he WILL "eventually" mod it, he WILL learn how to drive it, he MAY end up respecting it, and hopefully he WILL NOT hurt himself or others in the process.

Good luck to the OP in any case.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I am also 2.5x his age. The thing is, he has been called irresponsible, he has been told that we assume he is an idiot until proven otherwise, and one poster hopes he hits a pole. Welcome to the club!

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist
    and one poster hopes he hits a pole. Welcome to the club!
    yes this is refered to me, i'm sorry but when I give advice and try to help someone and then it's thrown back in my face, it angers me..I guess I shouldn't of given him advice then..but i'm a person that tries to help people. maybe next time he can have some manners and be more polite.
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

Quote Originally Posted by 240toSTi
    yes this is refered to me, i'm sorry but when I give advice and try to help someone and then it's thrown back in my face, it angers me..I guess I shouldn't of given him advice then..but i'm a person that tries to help people. maybe next time he can have some manners and be more polite.
    maybe next time you should put together an intelligent thought rather than just making assumptions. Whether or not I actually pay for my car means nothing when it comes to how i take care of it. i may be well off but i'm not some spoiled prick who doesnt appreciate what i have.

i hope YOU smoke the pole

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome former lurker!

I have hid in the shadows too ...
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Welcome former lurker!

I have hid in the shadows too ...
    Thanks! Guess I should have just said hi! and left it at that

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by amrahk
    It is not that easy. Look at my shameless post count!

Hang around for a while.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by amrahk
    You're alright. I guess some of us might just be overly concerned. Welcome to the club and learn as much as you can. Just be glad you didn't ask a BOV question.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123