No longer lurking - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on No longer lurking within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; we're not here to try to make you feel bad or anything, it's just that we know from experience what ...

we're not here to try to make you feel bad or anything, it's just that we know from experience what these cars are capable of. in the end, you're going to do what you want, we're just trying to advise you on the fact that the WRX IS TOO MUCH CAR FOR A 16 YEAR OLD!!!!
    "Goodie Gum Drops"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

"Subaru 2.5RS
    Audi A4 2.8 Quattro
    Subaru Outback Limited
    Toyota Matrix XR 4 WD
    Volvo V70 XC AWD
    BMW 325xi
    Many SUVs/Trucks

AWD does not substitute for experience and won't make you a better driver.
    ----
    thanks for the list, i've thought about some of those. not saying it will make me better, just that its almost necessary in the winter around here. my dads car doesn't leave the garage in the winter because he can't get back up the driveway, and thats bmw! i dont see the point in getting a 2.5rs when i can just get the wrx. its not really a cost thing, i'd just be happier with something sporty. oh, and no way am i getting an suv either

Quote Originally Posted by amrahk
    jeez it's like your all jealous or something

i KNOW it has a turbo, just saying i wouldnt do any upgrades. I don't know cars much yet besides what i read here, but i'm not an idiot. and i wouldnt be caught dead in a carolla or civic, plus my parents would never go for it. i need something safe with awd for the winter, so thats pretty much just subaru and audi. i like the a3 but its not even awd, and that has a turbo too... even less safe.
    Dude, nobody is saying that you're an idiot, but, do yourself a favor and listen to these people. Believe me, we've all been your age and we've all wanted to have that nice, fast car that would show off everyone else in high school. Get the 2.5RS, it has the AWD "safety" but with a bit less power which makes it a better car for you right now. Not to mention, it is cheaper to buy, cheaper to insure, and burns less gas. Plus, 173hp in the 2.5RS is not anything to really sneeze at either; that's more than the SE-R Sentra is putting down and people love those things. Just my .02.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

Tensions are running high in this thread so i'll try to help out.
    First off, i'm a 17 y/o and am going in to buy my WRX this weekend. I have worked very hard for this car and am going to have to continue to work hard if I want to keep it. My question to you is this: Are you putting any money into buying the car, or are your parents just going to buy it for you?. If your parents are going to buy it for you, I don't think you'll have a lot of respect for the car and just beat on it daily. My advice to you (since we're about that same age) is to go out and get a job for a year while driving around a beater car, learn how to drive while saving up somewhat of a downpayment, and then a year later go out and buy a WRX, the 06's will even be cheaper next year. Just take this advice from me and the other members as something good, we're just trying to help you out here.
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

amrahk = jacoby

I say go for the fastest car you parents can afford.
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN91709
    I say go for the fastest car you parents can afford.
    Yeah, way to keep the poor kid alive. But, then again, this could just be Darwin at work, so it may turn out to be a good thing.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by truth649
    amrahk = jacoby
    Wrong...

I am only me dammit. How many times do I have to tell you people this. I have been a member since July 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by 240toSTi
    Tensions are running high in this thread so i'll try to help out.
    First off, i'm a 17 y/o and am going in to buy my WRX this weekend. I have worked very hard for this car and am going to have to continue to work hard if I want to keep it. My question to you is this: Are you putting any money into buying the car, or are your parents just going to buy it for you?. If your parents are going to buy it for you, I don't think you'll have a lot of respect for the car and just beat on it daily. My advice to you (since we're about that same age) is to go out and get a job for a year while driving around a beater car, learn how to drive while saving up somewhat of a downpayment, and then a year later go out and buy a WRX, the 06's will even be cheaper next year. Just take this advice from me and the other members as something good, we're just trying to help you out here.
    that logic is ridiculous. who pays for the car makes NO difference in how i will treat it. if you must know, yes my parents are paying for it. we don't buy used cars and get everyone elses handme down problems. i am not the person to beat on anything, i know how to treat nice stuff.

what is a jacoby??

wow, thanks for calling my logic rediculous, maybe, just maybe you'll go and do us all a favor and wrap it around a light post.
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

Quote Originally Posted by 240toSTi
    wow, thanks for calling my logic rediculous, maybe, just maybe you'll go and do us all a favor and wrap it around a light post.
    where do you people get off? i am not going to be a racecar driver. if you can't control yourself thats YOUR problem not mine. this is why i never signed up befroe.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by amrahk
    where do you people get off? i am not going to be a racecar driver. if you can't control yourself thats YOUR problem not mine. this is why i never signed up befroe.
    Welcome to the club. I got attcked by two guys yesterday cause my blog had some sarcastic gay stories on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby
    Welcome to the club. I got attcked by two guys yesterday cause my blog had some sarcastic gay stories on it.
    So that's why I was called jacoby? sorry bro, i'm no queer.

jeez.. lay off this kid. I'm sure his parents are the ones making the conscience decision. The WRX is a safe car and it's suited for a young adult anyway. When I was 16 I was more responsible than most 18 year olds. You guys don't even know this kid and you're all saying he's going to crash the car. My friend started driving when he was 14 (manual) and was a better driver at 16 than most of you are.

My advice: learn stick on your parents/family members car until you can drive it naturally without thinking about it. Test drive the WRX with your parents. They will decide if it's too fast or not. Not these guys on the forums thinking we're talking about a porsche.

I don't know why people think the WRX is so fast stock. It's not. It's only dangerous if you drive it like an SRT-4 driver. It's average. Get that through your heads please!!!!

/rant
    live and love life

THANK YOU! Thats pretty much what i've been tryin to say. Even if it is a sort of fast car, thats not to say you gotta drive fast all the time. I won't be driving my parents cars though, which is why they're getting me my own.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast