New STi Owner - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New STi Owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by viperuws No actualy I wasn't joking. Just looking at the turning circle of the 2 cars. STI ...

Quote Originally Posted by viperuws
    No actualy I wasn't joking.

Just looking at the turning circle of the 2 cars.

STI
    Turning Circle 35.401 ft

C5 vet
    Turning Circle 39.001 ft

Now I am no car expert so maybe these numbers don't mean anything but the only reason a C5 MIGHT be able to do circles around a STI is because it is just plain faster. But when it comes down to just plain handling, the STI is better because I said so.
    *plugs his ears and starts yelling "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA LA LA*
    lol... if the vette has a widing turning circle wouldn't that mean it would do circles around the sti.... the sti would be doing circles "inside" of the vette :-D
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by viperuws
    Just remember when exiting a corner, the more horses you have on a vet, the harder it is to control when giving it gas out of that corner. While in AWD, you don't have to worry much about fishtailing while punching it out of a turn. Oh and I can't see how it could handle better stock but with upgrades of course.

that's speaking to the driver... not the car... lol... you are right... it's easier to drive a STI more effectively than it is to drive the 'vette... but once you learn it... who gives a damn
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

Quote Originally Posted by 05STiDriver
    This thing made 621rwhp, thanks to the supercharger. It was a beast to much power for stock rear end. Can't find the pic of the engine bay it was super clean.
    *Drool* Man, I like my WRX but I really miss my '93 Mustang GT. There's just something about V8 power...

Welcome and grats.

Now how about pics of the actual Import in question?
    gary noonan | senior artist | animator
    Bethesda Game Studios

Hope to get pics this weekend. I was up late last night doing the clay bar and buffing on the front half of the car. Seems the previous owner wasn't very good at caring for the paint. So I'm bring the paint back to is former glory. The paint job on this thing is like a metallic black pretty cool.

A pic

Got the top half of the car buffed and waxed still need to do the sides. Any how I took a picture without getting all the buffing done.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by 05STiDriver
    Got the top half of the car buffed and waxed still need to do the sides. Any how I took a picture without getting all the buffing done.

Sexxxay!!!!!!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Sexxxay!!!!!!
    +1
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Thanks,

Talking Welcome (Im New too)

Hi and Welcome here...

Im new too just got a 05 STI but im very pleased with it....After 14 Camaros i needed a change...LOL...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.