9-2X With TXS Stage Four?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 9-2X With TXS Stage Four? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Here's the idea (the ultimate sleeper?): -Saab 9-2X Aero (WRX in Saab clothing, if you will) 5MT with the Subaru ...

9-2X With TXS Stage Four?

Here's the idea (the ultimate sleeper?):

-Saab 9-2X Aero (WRX in Saab clothing, if you will) 5MT with the Subaru short-throw (Saab refuses to offer these)

-TurboXS Super-Stealth Turbo-Back (just a turbo-back minus the muffler, so you can bolt up the stock one)

-TurboXS UTEC

-TurboXS Up Pipe

-TurboXS Gigantic TMIC

-STi Injectors

-255 liter per hour fuel pump

-IHI VF34

The goal is too approach 300awhp with a reliable and daily-drivable vehicle. I think the sleeper aspect of this vehicle would make it a blast to drive. . .

A few questions:

Are these decent parts, or is there anything on the list I should reconsider?

How much boost can a setup like this run reliably, and around what whp would one expect?

At this level of tune, would forged con rods and pistons allow me to run more boost or give greater reliability, or am I not in that realm yet?

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You wont be seeing 300whp w/ a VF34. Look into a 18G or 20G for those type of numbers.

I have a VF34
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

You will have one fast @$$ wagon though. Nice sleeper if that's you goal.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

I Support ClubWRX
    The hood on the Saabaru ownz the wrx one IMHO.

That would be a sleeper and a fairly quick street car. Wont see those power numbers as everyone else has said through. A few on nasioc have 39saabarus and I'm sure someone also has 18g powered vehicles.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    You wont be seeing 300whp w/ a VF34. Look into a 18G or 20G for those type of numbers.

I have a VF34
    Something like a SlowBoy Racing 18G?

Sounds good, and nice and cheap too. . .

What kind of power potential?

DOWNxSH1FT, your setup sounds like exactly what I was originally looking for, I would consider 276awhp to be "approaching" 300awhp.

Basically, the thinly-velied motive behind this is an Evo-killing Saab . I think a 300+ awhp 18G setup should take care of that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by elemental
    Something like a SlowBoy Racing 18G?

Basically, the thinly-velied motive behind this is an Evo-killing Saab . I think a 300+ awhp 18G setup should take care of that, right?
    Only if it's a stock Evo. Otherwise you'll probably be dissappointed. Great sleeper nonetheless and you'll definitely have a fun wagon on your hands.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

How much power could I expect with those mods and an 18g?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.