Hello all, subie newb here

This is a discussion on Hello all, subie newb here within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone, My name is Mario, I live out in beautiful southern California. And I just recently purchased a used ...

Hello all, subie newb here

Hello everyone,

My name is Mario, I live out in beautiful southern California. And I just recently purchased a used 2003 WRX wagon. I've been around the import scene for quite some time now. And have been with "Honda" for the past 5 years or so. I'm a proud owner of a 1991 Honda prelude

Which is currently out of commission due to an extensive engine swap. These Honda's are the bastards of the family and nothing will simply "bolt" on so it's a mission. One that I'll be proud of.

Being as I'm a single father with full custody of my 3 year old son I needed something better then my 2003 windstar to haul him around to car meets and such. So I went out to look for a used car. Something simple and easy on the eyes.

Drove by this used car lot and saw this

After negotiating the price for a few days with the guy.. she's at my house now and I love her. First test drive wasn't tooo impressive though, she was only boosting .04 MPa's so I figured a boost leak after speaking with a few other people about it (I'm an NA guy)

Well after I found it she boosted to .08 MPa's which is what the boost controller is set at. But wow what a difference.

She came with those wheels, Tein coil over setup.. Not sure which yet since I haven't removed the wheels to figure it out.. HKS turbo back exhaust setup, HKS turbo timer, HKS boost controller, HKS high flow intake.

Considering I'm in southern Cali and emissions here... I plan on an STi drive train setup, upgrade the clutch and fly.. Larger injectors and build the block. Then turn up the boost... I would love a 300Awhp daily driver... But until then she has to wait until the prelude is done!
    Proud owner of a 2003 scooby wagon
    And a 1991 Honda prelude!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks like you picked a winner, and it seems you have some big plans for it. Keep us posted and welcome.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Welcome to the club. I too, from & still am part of the honda family. Luv the prelude. It looks clean, yet simple. Congrats on your new rex. Awd is sweeeeet!!!

Congrats on your new bugeye. What wheels are those? You should check out the bugeye mafia page....
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jje121
    Congrats on your new bugeye. What wheels are those? You should check out the bugeye mafia page....

I believe they are Advans... Not sure which model. Have yet to look into that. I'm trying to get some window visors at the moment which are a pain to get though.
    Last edited by team123luder; 08-21-2006 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by team123luder
    I believe they are Advans... Not sure which model. Have yet to look into that. I'm trying to get some window visors at the moment which are a paint to get though.
    www.gruppe-s.com for some window visors. I believe they are kind of expensive....
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)

Here is the link to the bugeye mafia page too....
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...91675&page=220
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

Congrats on the wagon! Definitely do some research on the Club as there's a wealth of information available!

Being as I'm a single father with full custody of my 3 year old son I needed something better then my 2003 windstar to haul him around to car meets and such.
    Awesome
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I'm sorry but, what's up with the bugeye mafia? Could you PM me with some insight on them.

As for the visors, eh I'm used to paying hundreds of dolors for crappy used items for the Honda, Buying something for the subie wont be so difficult as to putting up the dough.

Peachypumpkincheeks

I'm sorry but, what's up with the bugeye mafia? Could you PM me with some insight on them.
    Subaru WRXes from 2002/2003 are nicknamed 'Bugeyes' for their round-shaped headlights ('04/'05's are blobeyes, 2006 are hawkeyes). Owners of these aforementioned cars have started up our own clans...the Bugeye Mafia and the Blobeye Syndicate (not sure if there's one for '06s yet). Anyways, if you would like to be part of the Bugeye Mafia, come over to the Bugeye Mafia thread and post up a sexy pic of your bugeye.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Wow, hope I'm worthy. I'll take some better pics hopefully today and post then I'll post them up there.