I come in peace...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on I come in peace... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, My name is levi. I'm currently a freshman at The University of Colorado. I drive a 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt ...

I come in peace...

Hello, My name is levi. I'm currently a freshman at The University of Colorado.

I drive a 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC, GMPP Stage 2 + PB 2.8, GMPP full exhaust + magnaflow High flow cat, K&N CAI, Ingalls ETD and traction bars. It gets dynoed next week.

Im a memeber at Cobaltss . net and and a proud member of Rocky Mountain Ecotec.

Ive always respected WRX's and STI's. A few of my friends have WRX's and STI's in various states of fastness and I decided to join your site and learn, that is if I'm welcome.

Ive read a few posts and really liked what i saw. If anyone has any questions on Cobalts in general Id be glad to help and i look forward to learning more about your cars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

Cool! No one here is gonna bash you for what car you drive (unless they're jerks). It's just the trolls who come on here going My CaR PwnZzjors WRX's!!!! who we don't like. Everyone is here to learn about cars too. Besides, any real enthusiast has respect for all cars and car people, be it lowriders, muscle, imports, euro etc...How do you like the SS? I hear they're great bang for the buck, and pretty quick to boot. I've never ridden or gotten a very close look at them. If i'm not mistaken they have the ecotec supercharged engine? 205 hp? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Eww you have one of those whiny Supercharged cars...hahaha just playing with you, some of those come down to the local meets and they look/run damn nice.
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

dude cobalt not cool... actually my friend was really looking into a cobalt ss but got a cavalier with a grinding tranny that continously pops out of reverse and hes always talking about the ecotek engine but other than that welcome to the club.

Welcome to the Club! How do you like that Cobalt? I've seen quite a few but never had a chance to talk to a driver.
    tim price
    Blobeye Syndicate #100

welcome from another relative new comer

Hey leviticus88,
    Welcome.

When I bought my '06 WRX Wagon, I was actually looking for a Saturn Ion Redline, a mechanical twin to the Cobalt SS (2.0L) and couldn't find one to my liking. Saturn had shut down the '06 production and they weren't even sure they were going to get any '07s as they were trying to bring in the Aura. I'd have bought a Cobalt, but, I can't sit in the things as I'm 6'4". Neat little car, though. I think the WRX and ION RL or Cobalt SS (2.0L) offer very similar mixtures of sport and practicality. The only thing I see that the WRX has over the SS is AWD. Not that the AWD is a small thing, but, the RL and Cobalt SS are a riot to drive with just the front two pulling. I think a RL or Cobalt SS with a smaller SC pulley would probably out run a WRX. You might loose a little from a dig, but, that ecotec motor is a neat little plant and the Super Charger gives good torque all the way across the RPM band.

Enjoy the Cobalt!

Hello and welcome. I have a bunch of buddies at CU.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

I Support ClubWRX
    Those supercharged Cobalts are a great performance buy, and from what I've seen it looks like they've really stepped up the interior quality and such. Enjoy the car!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Welcome to the club. Please post some pics of your SS and let us know what you dyno!
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

welcome, welcome domestic friend...
    rumble young man, rumble...

Quote Originally Posted by Maccgyver
    ...Sounds like we got a vh-1 storyteller here...

Quote Originally Posted by SiNzz
    Cool! No one here is gonna bash you for what car you drive (unless they're jerks). It's just the trolls who come on here going My CaR PwnZzjors WRX's!!!! who we don't like. Everyone is here to learn about cars too. Besides, any real enthusiast has respect for all cars and car people, be it lowriders, muscle, imports, euro etc...How do you like the SS? I hear they're great bang for the buck, and pretty quick to boot. I've never ridden or gotten a very close look at them. If i'm not mistaken they have the ecotec supercharged engine? 205 hp? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I love my SS and youve got the motor right.

Quote Originally Posted by 240toSTi
    Eww you have one of those whiny Supercharged cars...hahaha just playing with you, some of those come down to the local meets and they look/run damn nice.
    lol, I love my whine (very loud since the intake). If it had a swooosh sound at the end I'd be in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by goBoating
    Hey leviticus88,
    Welcome.

When I bought my '06 WRX Wagon, I was actually looking for a Saturn Ion Redline, a mechanical twin to the Cobalt SS (2.0L) and couldn't find one to my liking. Saturn had shut down the '06 production and they weren't even sure they were going to get any '07s as they were trying to bring in the Aura. I'd have bought a Cobalt, but, I can't sit in the things as I'm 6'4". Neat little car, though. I think the WRX and ION RL or Cobalt SS (2.0L) offer very similar mixtures of sport and practicality. The only thing I see that the WRX has over the SS is AWD. Not that the AWD is a small thing, but, the RL and Cobalt SS are a riot to drive with just the front two pulling. I think a RL or Cobalt SS with a smaller SC pulley would probably out run a WRX. You might loose a little from a dig, but, that ecotec motor is a neat little plant and the Super Charger gives good torque all the way across the RPM band.

Enjoy the Cobalt!
    Ya, the car is a little on the small side (especially the back seat but it works for now. And ya, fwd is annoying sometimes everything is a trade off.

my neighbor has a cobalt ss, i've ridden in it and you definitely get a lot of performance for your money with that car. the cobalt ss is one of my favorites domestics...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.