1000 miles is a long time!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 1000 miles is a long time! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just hit five-sixty this afternoon. I am loving the car. It's the first sports car I have ever had. ...

1000 miles is a long time!

I just hit five-sixty this afternoon. I am loving the car. It's the first sports car I have ever had. I am 38 years old and grinning ear to ear. I started pushing it to 4,000 rpms today and will be glad to get through break in so I can see what it will really do speed wise. Even within the limitations of break in though it is very fun at times, plus just looking at it in the yard. I might have forgot to say this but I LOVE THIS CAR. I had a 99 VW Passat before this, I loved it, very smooth, very quiet, powerful ....to a degree. This car is not smooth, not quiet but handles so much better and is just raw guts more fun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome to the club. what kind of 06 do you have if you don't mind me asking?
    "Goodie Gum Drops"

2006 Wrx Sti

I was going to get a Wrx and just changed my mind.

your a smart man!! any plans on mods after the break in?
    "Goodie Gum Drops"

Haven't planned on any mods...

so far, I might get the windows tinted lightly but other than that I will probably leave it as is for a while.

uh oh
    i took my car up to 4500 rpms today, i only have 700 miles on the odometer. i hope i didn't screw up my car or anything. i asked the service manager and he said that i had to let the valves open up when i was breaking the car in. i hppe i didn't mess anything up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie_Mvp
    the service manager... ...said that i had to let the valves open up when i was breaking the car in. i hppe i didn't mess anything up.
    Your service manager is exactly right. You have to let the valves open up. You have to let the valves open up whenever the engine is running.

The engine break in period is to get all the bearing surfaces burnished in and let the piston rings seat and seal. 1,000 miles is a nice round number. 4,000 rpm is max torque and hence peek cylinder pressure. Having to lift before 4,000 revs you avoid that max load. If you had your foot in it and went to 4,500 rpm. Your engine saw the torque peek. Strong?

After 700 miles I don't think you hurt a thing.
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie_Mvp
    uh oh
    i took my car up to 4500 rpms today, i only have 700 miles on the odometer. i hope i didn't screw up my car or anything. i asked the service manager and he said that i had to let the valves open up when i was breaking the car in. i hppe i didn't mess anything up.
    Car is probably broken. Bummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalNuke
    Car is probably broken. Bummer.
    +1

Insurance will probably total it.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Great choice on the STi. Gald to see your having fun, but the real fun starts past 4k.

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    +1

Insurance will probably total it.
    Nope. But I will take it of his hands for a couple thousand. You'll owe me one though.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by marano
    I just hit five-sixty this afternoon. I am loving the car. It's the first sports car I have ever had. I am 38 years old and grinning ear to ear. I started pushing it to 4,000 rpms today and will be glad to get through break in so I can see what it will really do speed wise. Even within the limitations of break in though it is very fun at times, plus just looking at it in the yard. I might have forgot to say this but I LOVE THIS CAR. I had a 99 VW Passat before this, I loved it, very smooth, very quiet, powerful ....to a degree. This car is not smooth, not quiet but handles so much better and is just raw guts more fun.
    and welcome to The Club!!!!

Congrats on your new STi and glad to hear you're enjoying it so much already! Be sure to post up some pics of your new baby as soon as possible.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Just wait till your break in period is over. It just begins at 4000 rpm. After that is where it all gets good....I mean really good.

I'll be honest here........I never broke in my STi.
    I dont have that kind of patience. Its now at 30,000 miles and no problems SO FAR.
    I really hope it stays that way.
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE #79
    DIRTY CREW #79

i raped the sh!t out of my car the day it left the dealership and its been performing beautifully every since then.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

My break in is 1200, even worse. Feels like forever.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast