New tires for new member
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New tires for new member within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, I am curious about opinions for my newest set of tires for "regular" street driving. Some options I'm considering...Potenza ...

Wink New tires for new member

Hello, I am curious about opinions for my newest set of tires for "regular" street driving.
    Some options I'm considering...Potenza RE960AS Pole Positions, and the Pirelli PZero Nero M/S. Any other ideas? So far I have stuck with the 16" wheels.

THanks, and sorry for being a total noob.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what type of tire do you need?

are you going to be getting another set of wheels, summer setup?

winter weather conditions?

that said the pirelli pzero/neros are very popular
    2004 PSM WRX
    Currently Cobb Stage 2

Blobeye Syndicate #23

Peachypumpkincheeks

I just got the Kuhmo Ecsta ASX all-season tires (also 16"s) for my '02 WRX. So far they blow my stock ones out of the water. My tires barely ever squeal around turns now and they ride smooth!

They're high-rated and one of the best tires you can get for all-season. And they're practically a steal at $66/piece at TireRack:
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....peed_rating=ZR

I ordered my tires from them on a Sunday (not during business hours) and got them that Tuesday afternoon!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Smile

I am aiming for all-season b/c I know myself (slightly lazy) and I'll be better off (I think) not having to change my tires for the seasons. I live outside DC so we get very hot and humid summers and pretty cold winters. Lately we don't get that much snow..but I can generally count on several 4"+ snowfalls a season. I've read mixed reviews with the Pirelli's..some great some not very great. The Bridgestone Potenza Pole Positions seem to be pretty new..not as many reviews.

Thanks for the help

i have falken ze-512 ziex all season tires on my stock wheels. i really like them. good performing tire in all conditions. these are strictly my winter season wheels and tires.
    Last edited by subie04; 08-17-2006 at 05:01 PM.
    2004 PSM WRX
    Currently Cobb Stage 2

Blobeye Syndicate #23

Peachypumpkincheeks

Here's Tire Rack's 'Best Sellers', complete with ratings, user reviews, and prices:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compar...eed_rating=ZR&

I also live outside DC (Fairfax!), and I still vote for the Kuhmos.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.