finally got my WRX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on finally got my WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just bought 06 Grey Silver WRX last night!! oh man, this car felt much stronger and smoother than both my ...

finally got my WRX

Just bought 06 Grey Silver WRX last night!!
    oh man, this car felt much stronger and smoother than both my friends's 05 WRX
    I am in love with it, it made me excited everytime I see it
    I have couple of questions

first...what do you guys recommand every morning start up? Do u wait at least 3 minutes or just when tempurature start to getting up? How about when after 30 minutes driving on the freeway, when park the car, do I need to let the car sit for a minute before I turn it off??

I never owned a turbo car before, I had integra, crv and some other imports, so I would like to make sure how to properly daily maintain my car since it didnt mention in the owner's manual

What is the speed recommanded to drive on the freeway during break in? I have heard people told me to go under 65 or some says I can go as high as I want as long as dont go over 4000 RPM

How about vary the rpm? This is how I do it, everyday I drive to work about 30 mins one way, so I will keep my speed at around 65-70 and every 3-4 minutes I will down shift to 4th gear, so the rpm will rise and I kept to drive for about a minute and shift back to 5th
    am I doing the right thing??

sorry for reading my long first post
    I am very proud to be a Subaru owner!
    oh and nice to meet everyone, see ya all soon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats and welcome to the club.

break in, just drive normal and lay off the boost till 1k miles. other than that, i think you would be fine
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

I Support ClubWRX
    As far as break in goes as long as you dont use the cruise you wont stay at the same rpm to long. With hill, wind, and drag you'll be lifting off the gas and applying it throughout the drive.

I'd just stay in the slow lane or middle lane and just try to keep modulating the throttle. Also try to stay out of boost and keeps rpms under 4k.

In the winter time I usually let my car idle down to operating rpms before going. It gets sub 20's here sometimes and I am very nervous about just hoping in and tearing off. I do not boost at all until the car is into it's operating range. In the summer I just let the car idle for about 30 seconds, and agian no boost till it's in the operating range.

The turbo is coolant and oil cooled so there is no reason to let it idle before turning it off. The most common practice is to just not drive stupid the last 5 mins before you shut it off. Once I get close to my destination I wont hit boost at all and just let the motor cool down before turning the car off. Good luck
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Pics please. Oh, and congrats.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

Congrats on the sweet subie. Good luck with it. Oh yea pics?
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!! Congrats on getting your very own WRX!

Post up some pics of your new ride
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

wow this make me the best day when I woke up this morning and saw all the warm welcome!!!
    thank you all so much, I really feel like part of the community now!
    so far I seen two subbies around my area, both of them wave at me as I passed by them
    I will post some pic from my cell phone after a while

another newbie question, when you said "don't hit the boost" what rpm does boost kicked in? Because I can feel my car pull so strong when I drive at local between 1-2 gear when I hit around 3k rpm. is that okay for me to do? Or did I against the break in rule already?

again thank you all

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by RickChan
    another newbie question, when you said "don't hit the boost" what rpm does boost kicked in? Because I can feel my car pull so strong when I drive at local between 1-2 gear when I hit around 3k rpm. is that okay for me to do? Or did I against the break in rule already?
    As 302@12psi mentioned, just try to keep it under 4k rpms and you'll be okay. Some have accidently gone over '4k rpms' during break-in, but it's not going to explode. Just don't drive it like you stole it and don't go WOT (wide-open throttle) until after break-in and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    As 302@12psi mentioned, just try to keep it under 4k rpms and you'll be okay. Some have accidently gone over '4k rpms' during break-in, but it's not going to explode. Just don't drive it like you stole it and don't go WOT (wide-open throttle) until after break-in and you'll be fine.
    thank you Speedette
    I will go softer on her from now on!

first photo is watching my car coming off from loading truck and brought in for first car wash
    second my sales man went in my car and got owner's manual for me
    third picture that was when I took off from dealer after 10:30pm!

I dont have time to take good picture
    but I will try take some nicer one and post on here again
    please enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails firstsight.jpg   wash1.jpg   inside.jpg   frontside2.jpg   wheel.jpg  

Peachypumpkincheeks

Very nice! Be extra sweet to her and treat her good!

You've already done the right thing by seeking information on your new car. Definitely stick around, you'll be amazed at what you learn from this forum!

~And don't forget to wave at your fellow subies!

I Support ClubWRX
    That's one of the nicest colours out there right now.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

break-in procedure is found in your owner's manual... generally, keep it below 4k rpm and modulate your speed... especially when on the highway.

i generally wait a minute or two in the morning before going just to make sure the oil has gone around everything alright... and welcome!
    2006 WRX - World Rally Blue

I finally heard something about the difference in terms of performance between 2005 and 2006, at least a little. I'm contemplating if I should trade-in my WRX for 2006. I assume that 2006 has smoother power deliverance due to 2.5L engine, that, and it has better potential in terms of performance.

Should I or should I not? Hahaa... now I know how it feels like to contemplate on something, which leads to posting up in forums to ask what to do. I better get me a test drive of the 2006.

Oh and welcome! An AP stage 2 for your car is a very nice upgrade path... if you consider modding, follow that.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by Me&05WRX
    I finally heard something about the difference in terms of performance between 2005 and 2006, at least a little. I'm contemplating if I should trade-in my WRX for 2006. I assume that 2006 has smoother power deliverance due to 2.5L engine, that, and it has better potential in terms of performance.

Should I or should I not? Hahaa... now I know how it feels like to contemplate on something, which leads to posting up in forums to ask what to do. I better get me a test drive of the 2006.

Oh and welcome! An AP stage 2 for your car is a very nice upgrade path... if you consider modding, follow that.
    I was looking at 04 350Z before I head to Subaru/Mazda dealer, I tested drive the Z, wow it was pretty damn fast and good handling, but I have always interested in WRX since both my friend has WRX 05's.
    After I went test drove the 06 WRX with my gf, friend and sales person, total of 4 people, I couldn't resist the power, smoothness and functional of the WRX. Z sure looks hot and sexy, but nothing can compare after WRX get modded

and yeah I am looking into stage 2 setup, BUT, my 05 friend said something about if I am not going into switch to V39 or something like that, stage 2 is not good for 06 Wrxs
    which means if I just add down pipe and catback it will creat turbo chirp?
    I really didnt know what exactly was he talking about so I hope someone can explain it

and nice to meet you all, love suby community!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast