finally got my WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on finally got my WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Congrats and welcome!...

Congrats and welcome!
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RickChan
    and yeah I am looking into stage 2 setup, BUT, my 05 friend said something about if I am not going into switch to V39 or something like that, stage 2 is not good for 06 Wrxs
    which means if I just add down pipe and catback it will creat turbo chirp?
    I really didnt know what exactly was he talking about so I hope someone can explain it

and nice to meet you all, love suby community!!!
    They're talking about boost creep. That is when the power gets cut off because of the air flowing freely due to the absence of a CAT through a bigger diameter of an aftermarket catless downpipe. That's how I understood it, hopefully it's close. Well... as we all know, when in doubt, hit the search button and type "boost creep". There are lots information about it in here.

In essence, it is bad for your WRX. But that only occurs with a catless downpipe, so you want to make sure that you buy a catted downpipe. One of the popular downpipes are made by Helix and Invidia. And make sure you buy a bellmouth design to fully utilize power gains.

I suggest looking up the AccessPORT stage 2 setup for a 2nd opinion other than your friends'. From what I've learned, this setup is very effective, substantial gain is expected and safe.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by Me&05WRX
    They're talking about boost creep. That is when the power gets cut off because of the air flowing freely due to the absence of a CAT through a bigger diameter of an aftermarket catless downpipe. That's how I understood it, hopefully it's close. Well... as we all know, when in doubt, hit the search button and type "boost creep". There are lots information about it in here.

In essence, it is bad for your WRX. But that only occurs with a catless downpipe, so you want to make sure that you buy a catted downpipe. One of the popular downpipes are made by Helix and Invidia. And make sure you buy a bellmouth design to fully utilize power gains.

I suggest looking up the AccessPORT stage 2 setup for a 2nd opinion other than your friends'. From what I've learned, this setup is very effective, substantial gain is expected and safe.
    wow, I am so glad so many nice pros around this forum!
    after hear your explaination, I finally understood what was my friend talk about

I just remembered that there is a blue 06 WRX TR thats belong to one of the mall security guy, I work in the mall and his car has stage 2 setup, so I am going to check it out after the work!

thank you very much for the pro tips and info!

Do the new WRX's come with Brembos?
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGeeWhiz
    Do the new WRX's come with Brembos?
    no just Subaru badged 4 pot calipers front , to the original poster welcome and congrats on the new ride

Hey a local!!
    i'm about 30 minutes from Simi...check out the Southwestern thread in the regional section and check out the Huntington Beach meets. It happens every third Sunday so you should go out and enjoy your new Subie. I'll be getting mine here shortly.
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

Quote Originally Posted by 240toSTi
    Hey a local!!
    i'm about 30 minutes from Simi...check out the Southwestern thread in the regional section and check out the Huntington Beach meets. It happens every third Sunday so you should go out and enjoy your new Subie. I'll be getting mine here shortly.
    yeah I heard about the meet from one of my 05 Wrx wagon friend
    but unfortunetly my schedual won't allow me to be there >< unless there is midnight special LOL
    what do you guys do there at meeting usually? any BBQ?

Quote Originally Posted by RickChan
    yeah I heard about the meet from one of my 05 Wrx wagon friend
    but unfortunetly my schedual won't allow me to be there >< unless there is midnight special LOL
    what do you guys do there at meeting usually? any BBQ?
    Although I have not been to a meet yet, but I have heard that they have a starting/meeting point, caravan together to a destination and then just chill and BBQ...sounds like so much fun!!
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

First off welcome to the club. You have choosen wisely.

The 1k break in period is crap. Don't get on it hard for the first couple hundred miles, and then you can progressively get on the car harder. The main thing is not holding rpm's for an extended amount of time during that first 1000 miles.

Your car will actually break in BETTER if it experiences real world rpm operation and wide open throttle during the break in period.

Also, as far as modifying, the Cobb AP Stage 2 you will probably not see any boost creep even with a catless downpipe.

Couple of cool tips about your car compared to your friends 05's:

Has same engine as 06 sti, with only a smaller turbocharger.
    Has larger fuel injectors than sti
    Makes 345 lbs/ft of torque on Cobb stage 2 map
    Is underrated from the factory at 230bhp, when in reality it is between 250 and 260bhp
    4pot/2pot brake setup (not less capable than the brembo setup on the sti)
    The worlds greatest hi-beam headlights
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    First off welcome to the club. You have choosen wisely.

The 1k break in period is crap. Don't get on it hard for the first couple hundred miles, and then you can progressively get on the car harder. The main thing is not holding rpm's for an extended amount of time during that first 1000 miles.

Your car will actually break in BETTER if it experiences real world rpm operation and wide open throttle during the break in period.

Also, as far as modifying, the Cobb AP Stage 2 you will probably not see any boost creep even with a catless downpipe.

Couple of cool tips about your car compared to your friends 05's:

Has same engine as 06 sti, with only a smaller turbocharger.
    Has larger fuel injectors than sti
    Makes 345 lbs/ft of torque on Cobb stage 2 map
    Is underrated from the factory at 230bhp, when in reality it is between 250 and 260bhp
    4pot/2pot brake setup (not less capable than the brembo setup on the sti)
    The worlds greatest hi-beam headlights
    no wonder my insurance company called me later and said that my car has higher rate due to high performance car
    I am at 150 miles already in two days, car feel smoother day by day, I can't stop smile everytime when I sit in my car. Feels so great!
    Thank you for the cool tips, and you are right, 06 headlight looks soooo sexy!

Congrats on the new 06. If I get a newer one that is the color I will get...
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jje121
    Congrats on the new 06. If I get a newer one that is the color I will get...
    Thanks!
    This color looks even sicker in the night!
    somehow I like how it look from inside the car when I see the big scoop :P

Get it, you wont regret it

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats, greetings and welcome!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12