New Tmic

This is a discussion on New Tmic within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A couple of questions for ya if someone can help me, I have a 05 wrx, cobb stage 2, at ...

New Tmic

A couple of questions for ya if someone can help me, I have a 05 wrx, cobb stage 2, at WOT i'm hitting 16psi, which I'm assuming is the norm for this stage. I also just installed a aftermarket TMIC, and at WOT i'm hitting about the same psi.

1) after installation of the TMIC, am I suppose to reset the ECU or can I leave it like that?

2) the TMIC came with a BOV, is it recommended that I put that on too, or can I just leave it off ? (this BOV is huge, looks like a large chrome bullet)

thanks...........

my mods:
    COBB TBE
    COBB UP
    COBB HEAT SHIELD
    K&N PANEL FILTER
    KARTBOY SS W/ BUSHINGS
    STI SIDE SPLITTERS
    SPEC-C VLIMITED FRONT LIP
    SILENCER DELETE MOD
    FAT AFTERMARKET TMIC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ditch the BOV. resell it if you want.

You won't see any real differences performancewise because the Cobb map isn't tuned for the larger TMIC. what you WILL notice is less heat soak, which will make your car feel more consistent, and feel as responsive as it is when you just started it in the morning and air coming in is nice and cold.

you CAN reset the ECU but its not really necessary. You'll notice a little hesitation for the first half a tank of gas or so because you'll be running a bit rich while the ECU re-adjusts.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

can anyone tell me, what are the signs of a aftermarket TMIC, thats not working properly??

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    your car would be Heat soaked....
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Quote Originally Posted by flatfoot
    can anyone tell me, what are the signs of a aftermarket TMIC, thats not working properly??
    smoke/fire in the engine bay.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself