mods for impreza 2.5i "stock no more!"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on mods for impreza 2.5i "stock no more!" within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so my bone stock 2.5i is soon to be stock no more... after some (neewbish) researching, late night looking... and ...

mods for impreza 2.5i "stock no more!"

so my bone stock 2.5i is soon to be stock no more...

after some (neewbish) researching, late night looking... and alot of help from you guys, I found some first... and second... and so-on mods. this is kind a "final" inspection from the experts who have been there before. below are some items i am looking to buy...

now like I say, I am new to the forums, new to subys, and new to buying after market parts.

K&N typhoon c.a.i.
    http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...Prod=69-8000TB

COBB Tuning sport springs
    http://www.pcpcdallas.com/index.asp?...OD&ProdID=1460

GReddy upper strut bar
    http://www.cardomain.com/item/GRE14063001?vq_id=none

RAZO ra64 carbon shift knob
    http://www.shopresponse.com/razo_ra64_shift_knob.html

if you own/ would own an impreza 2.5i what else would you do? any recamondations are appriecated!

Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have had the Cobb springs for a few months now mostly because I like the look, handling, and overall lower profile. More than happy with them. The ride is a bit more rough and road noise is increased, but that's a tradeoff. I *DO* recommend looking into some front and rear heavy duty sway bars just to compliment the springs. With the springs, the sway bars, and a rear tower strut bar, your ride is about to get a lot more enjoyable. Cobb offers all the above.

COBB Tuning sport springs

Detailed Description

Direct replacement for the factory springs, and designed to work with the factory struts, the COBB Sports Springs reduce the ride height by 2.0" Front and 1.5" Rear. The result is improved road handling and reduced body roll. Precision CNC cold wound high quality Chrome Silicon steel construction. The springs are powdercoated COBB Blue in a unique process for protection against the elements.

Spring rates are increased approximately 25% over (Subaru WRX or STi) stock which results in a sporty feel without being unnecessarily harsh or bouncy. The factory springs are actually too soft for the stock struts, much less uprated aftermarket replacements, to work optimally. Our final spring rates are the result of extensive real-world testing and consumer feedback.

Now, know that they are missing something in there. The lifetime of your OEM struts. Yep, it's greatly reduced and will (most likely) cost you some $$ down the road. Hard to say how long till they go, but the track record states between 20-50k miles on them with the Cobb springs. Just a heads up. Dropping lower than 1" seems to have that effect on the struts.

Not sure why you are interested in a CAI. Research them a bit around some forums. No performance increases reported and apparently only for visuals. Go figure. Hope some of this is useful, but I recommend browsing around more for some indepth info.

Good luck!
    gary noonan | senior artist | animator
    Bethesda Game Studios

well with more research, i found more walls...

The COBB lowering springs are good to go... but COBB doesnt make sway bars for 2006 models. or will they fit? to be honest im loosing my mind... perhaps im doing this all wrong. Im sick of having a stock impreza and am ready to upgrade my suby.

any one else have any input if the COBB sway bars, end links, and upper and lower strut bars will fit an 2006 impreza 2.5i

Quote Originally Posted by racecrank
    well with more research, i found more walls...

The COBB lowering springs are good to go... but COBB doesnt make sway bars for 2006 models. or will they fit? to be honest im loosing my mind... perhaps im doing this all wrong. Im sick of having a stock impreza and am ready to upgrade my suby.

any one else have any input if the COBB sway bars, end links, and upper and lower strut bars will fit an 2006 impreza 2.5i
    If they dont make sway bars for the '06, I sure would like to know what they sent me to put on mine.

Yes, they do make them, and they are great. For the whole deal, check out their stage2 suspension kit. Pricey, but good.... if you can deal with the springs/strut issue.
    Bethesda Game Studios

ok dont get mad, but stupid question... impreza 2.5i the same as a wrx...

cus I was looking under the impreza section at COBB tuning.
    If I were to purchace the stage 2 w/ ajustable rear sway (for wrx) would it bold up ok to the impreza if it is different....

man i feel like a total newbee/retard! im
    ...but thank you, thank you! for your help.

Off the top of my head, I can only think of the front tower strut being different since our intercooler blocks us from getting one (unless we front mount the cooler), BUT, you are still better off firing an email to sales@cobbtuning.com and inquiring about sway bar and tower strut fitment. Best to ask the one's who actually design the products. Besides, they want your money, so they will be fast to respond, heh. I have dealt with Justin from Cobb quite a bit and he is great.
    Bethesda Game Studios

so0o back to you guys...

I found that the COBB suspention stage 2 for the wrx will work for the 2.5i except for the front sway bar. here is the email to/from COBB:
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    Matt,

The Front Sway Bar would not fit because of the cross member on the non turbo cars. Everything else would fit just fine though. We have not developed an intake for the 2005+ Impreza models just yet. We are hoping to offer more performance options later this year though. Please keep an eye on our website for further details.

Cheers,
    Justin
    COBB Tuning
    www.cobbtuning.com
    www.wrxforum.com
    t.801.713.0035
    f.801.478.0925

racecrank@aol.com wrote:

> good day COBB tuning,
    > > My name is matt Bierman, fresh from Iraq (u.s.m.c.) and I just > recently purchaced an *2006 subaru impreza 2.5i*. It is a great car > "stock" but I am ready for some mods. I fell in love with your COBB > suspension Stage 2 for the wrx with. > > including: > # Front Tubular Sway Bar
    > # Rear Tubular Sway Bar
    > # Sports Springs
    > # Rear Strut Tower Brace
    > # Std. Rear Swaybar Mounts
    > with /Adj/. Rear Swaybar Mounts
    > > now my question for you guys is will your suspension kit work with > this model? (*2006 impreza 2.5i*) I have heard from people that have > purchased the stage 1 kit for there wrx say that i would, but I figure > I would ask the experts who know there stuff. another question that I > have is will the SF intake system (short ram) fit also.
    > > man you guys rock. And if these parts will work with my impreza, I > very soon look forward to ordering them. > thank you so much for taking some time and helping me.
    > > Matt Bierman
    __________________________________________________ __________________

Im hopeing that they will soon produce a front sway for the 2.5i and go ahead order the parts from the stage 2 (adj. rear sway w/ adj. mounts, sport springs, upper strut,) but, until then do you allmighty people of the forums know of a respectable front sway that will fit an 2006 impreza 2.5i?

yes. impreza 2.5i. I called up COBB, and to be honest they were kinda mean, i asked them if the satge 2 kit would work and as soon as they heard the words come out of my mouth "2.5i" they had no itrest in helping me. they said "they dont concentrate" on that model. so know I have to piece the parts together. the rear sway, front sway, rear strut, front strut, and lowering springs.

finding parts for the impreza wrx is easy, but for impreza 2.5i ...forget it! so hard.

could I run the lowering springs with a rear sway, and upper and lower strut bars?

or would it cost me more money by fixing the front end because of not running a front sway? Ive heard its not good to do that. too much stress?!?

I Support ClubWRX
    Get a catback for your 2.5i...it will sound amazing!
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by racecrank
    could I run the lowering springs with a rear sway, and upper and lower strut bars?

or would it cost me more money by fixing the front end because of not running a front sway? Ive heard its not good to do that. too much stress?!?
    The springs shouldnt affect use of, with or without, front and rear sways. Your rear will feel a lot tighter than the front end when cornering though. Just something you will have to get used to, but it's not a huge factor. Stress will come into play minimally for daily commuyer use. If you run it hard through corners, you will increase the stress. Strut bars mean little unless you run it hard. There will be little notice of their purpose unless for daily commuter use.

Most, if any stress, is gonna be on the struts with lowering springs. Especially Cobbs.
    Bethesda Game Studios

(dot, dot dot.)
    does anybody know of a front swaybar that will fit:2006 impreza 2.5i?

if I can find this... I will be "golden"

should have bout a wrx, too bad insurance for a 19 year old marine is so much $$$

look at this...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2117951/1

2006, impreza with COBB front sway
    w.t.f.???

so new questions arise... was cobb just blowing me off? and jumped to cant help you because i dont own a wrx, or what? damn... what a mess!

Dunno.... maybe it does fit, but Cobb doesnt recommend it. Or, maybe that car was modified to fit it. Send a msg to the owner and ask?
    Bethesda Game Studios

that guy from car domain isnt answering me. I even made a cardomain page for him to add me. (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2436031)

does anyone know if the COBB front sway will fit? ...A 2.5I ?!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast