New STi owner and member
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New STi owner and member within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What's up guys? I'm new here and a proud new 2006 STi owner. It's been a blast driving the car ...

New STi owner and member

What's up guys? I'm new here and a proud new 2006 STi owner. It's been a blast driving the car so far and I'm looking forward to the future with it. I'm from NC, but will be moving to VA soon close to the DC area. Just wanted to introduce myself and share my happy thoughts about the new car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome and Congrats!!

Post pics of your new ride
    2008 STI (JDM)

2006 STi (JDM) Graduated

Renntech S-Class (USDM)

congrats

::waits for pix:::
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

congrats on the sti

where in northern VA are you moving to? i used to live in fairfax

Peachypumpkincheeks

and welcome to The Club!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie_Mvp
    congrats on the sti

where in northern VA are you moving to? i used to live in fairfax
    +1, but I do live in Fairfax!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Be sure to take your car to the dealer and ask them if they will take those POS engine mounts that came on the 06s and install solid, durable ones. The 06s came with gel filled mounts (as I've heard numerous times) that can break under spirited driving. If they won't, I'd still suggest buying the solid ones and having them installed.

Congrats on the purchase and I wish you many many hours of driving enjoyment. My 05 has been nothing but an expensive toy/adrenaline rush.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

O really, I had no clue about the motor mounts. I used to have a turbo'd rx8 and had to take the right motor mount out myself and reinstall it and never got new ones...probably should have. I'm moving to Fairfax actually, so that's cool u guys are close by. I'll be going to school at George Mason and I move in like 2 weeks. How's the traffic up there? I've been up twice, and it wasn't unbarable but I've heard terror stories of how awful it can get.

Peachypumpkincheeks

The traffic...well it's traffic and really nothing is good about traffic! I just enjoy driving my WRX every single day! But god forbid it ever rains or snows here...absolute mayhem.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by WXRTSI
    O really, I had no clue about the motor mounts. I used to have a turbo'd rx8 and had to take the right motor mount out myself and reinstall it and never got new ones...probably should have. I'm moving to Fairfax actually, so that's cool u guys are close by. I'll be going to school at George Mason and I move in like 2 weeks. How's the traffic up there? I've been up twice, and it wasn't unbarable but I've heard terror stories of how awful it can get.
    Here you go, bro.

06 STi Plastic Motor Mounts-be careful!!
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Good lookin out man, I'll definitely consider sum different mounts. The Cusco set looks nice.

Welcome to the club and congrats on the new ride....
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.