Question about Aftermarket Seats for the STI
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Question about Aftermarket Seats for the STI within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello there. I'm new to this forum. I am in the market for an STI or WRX TR depending on ...

Question about Aftermarket Seats for the STI

Hello there. I'm new to this forum. I am in the market for an STI or WRX TR depending on how much hit to the wallet I want to take I guess and how much performance. The thing that is heavy on my mind is in regards to the seats. I am a bigger guy 5'11" 235 lbs. The seats in the STI are ok for me a little thin for the legs. The TR feels a little worse for some reason. Is it possible to swapout the stock seats for some recaro's? I like the recaro's in the EVO *I didn't like the EVO as much as the STI, test drove them back to back and found the STI to be better for street power IMHO* and the recaro's from the Saturn ION Redline/Cobalt SS/SC. I am trading in my cobalt SS/SC and love the seats in it.

Also is there a recaro dealer that has better deals than others online?

If this question belongs somewhere else please let me know.

Thanks everybody!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    yup you can swap out the seats for Recaro's
    in both the TR and STi (depending on which u end up with)

www.ravspeconline.com sells recaro seats

http://ravspeconline.com/ecommerce/i...?cPath=298_299
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 08-07-2006 at 08:12 PM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Thank you!

Now I'm having a hard time figuring out if it's the speed or the sport seats that I have in my Cobalt. It looks like the sport. http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=2652&region=3&L=2

Also is this something I can do in an afternoon? Do the rails match-up or is it a pain to swap out the rails.

I'm rolling with all recaro seats will fit in the WRX TR or STI.
    Last edited by wrxcolorado; 08-07-2006 at 08:20 PM.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Talking

personally from my friends having them , I would go with the Recaro Speed Seats

and yes you can change seats and brackets easily in a afternoon
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555
    personally from my friends having them , I would go with the Recaro Speed Seats

and yes you can change seats and brackets easily in a afternoon

Are the speed seats wider than the sport or are they the same? Again it's not the seat or the back that is tight on me it's the thigh area. My legs tend to be on the high edge or near it and the wire in the seats tend to soften up my legs after about 30 min or so of driving. It's the only flaw I have in the cars (TR/STI) other wise both of them are fantastic!

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    from recaro's website:
    Speed:
    http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=2153&region=3&L=2

Sport:
    http://www.recaro.com/index.php?id=2187&region=3&L=2

hopefully you can check the dimensions on the site , but too be honest you really need too find the seats / store/shop to test for your personal preference.

I think (but arent sure) that the sport is the seat in the mitsu evo
    "All We'll Drive"

Quote Originally Posted by wrxcolorado
    ... I am in the market for an STI or WRX TR depending on how much hit to the wallet I want to take I guess and how much performance...
    That's almost a 10k difference in price, if you are going the new route. It really doesn't sound like an TR would be a "hit to the wallet" when you are able to consider an STI. If what I'm saying is true, and money isn't as big as an issue you make it out to be, get the STI. If you ask on this forum, a majority will probably agree with me: the TR is nice, but STI is what everyone dreams of getting. People settle for practicality (wagons) or price (WRX and TR) or straight-up function (2.5i), but when none of these are an issue, I imagine everyone will say to hang on until you have enough for the STI.
    no, i'm not drunk, ociffer.
    i've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Quote Originally Posted by dvsdimsum
    That's almost a 10k difference in price, if you are going the new route. It really doesn't sound like an TR would be a "hit to the wallet" when you are able to consider an STI. If what I'm saying is true, and money isn't as big as an issue you make it out to be, get the STI. If you ask on this forum, a majority will probably agree with me: the TR is nice, but STI is what everyone dreams of getting. People settle for practicality (wagons) or price (WRX and TR) or straight-up function (2.5i), but when none of these are an issue, I imagine everyone will say to hang on until you have enough for the STI.

Depends on what I can get for trade and price on the new vehicles. They are giving me a damn good price on both. 21700 for the TR and 31717 for the STI. So with that I am approved up to 39900. If I am too upside down on my trade then I might have to settle for the WRX/TR or perhaps a legacy GT with a 5 spd. We will see.

Do you have any input for the seat problem I have?

Quote Originally Posted by wrxcolorado
    Depends on what I can get for trade and price on the new vehicles. They are giving me a damn good price on both. 21700 for the TR and 31717 for the STI. So with that I am approved up to 39900. If I am too upside down on my trade then I might have to settle for the WRX/TR or perhaps a legacy GT with a 5 spd. We will see.

Do you have any input for the seat problem I have?
    seats are more than enough for me, although I don't autoX or anything of that nature. Better off waiting for a response from someone who's done some seriously "spirited" driving.
    no, i'm not drunk, ociffer.
    i've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Quote Originally Posted by dvsdimsum
    seats are more than enough for me, although I don't autoX or anything of that nature. Better off waiting for a response from someone who's done some seriously "spirited" driving.
    Sure I want performance seats but the stock seats are not quite comfy enough for my legs. I need them to be slightly wider for the thighs.

Thanks though for responding in.I just got a quote for 24,429 for a Legacy GT so I may go with that instead since the seats are more comfortable and I can do an exhaust and ECU reflash to get the power up. Then maybe some tein coilovers and better tires to get the handling closer to STI level.

Have you ever thought of getting a used 04 or 05 STi? It would be less of a hit to the wallet, and a big boost in performance when compared to the TR.
    2006 SGM STi Cobb Stage II

I would love to except that in Colorado they want around 28-31K for 04 and 05 STi's and they all have around 28-33K miles on them. I am afraid of them being abused as well by their previous owners.

What do you folks think about the STI if it has been checked over and certified by a subaru dealer?

Also I am thinking I want the sleeper look either that or have the wing removed from the STI. I love the way the STI looks with the wing I just don't like some of the negative attention that generates. I get good and bad looks out of my cobalt and it's wing along with extra long looks and following from the Police.

STI if it has been checked over and certified by a subaru dealer?[/QUOTE]

personally i dont trust any certified .... i was driving a honda that was cetified and the trans was shot so ...but i think when they say cetified they probbably honar the warrenty .. anyhow
    i babied my sti it had 6000 miles when i sold it so there is gems out there good luck
    civicdreamin....

Quote Originally Posted by lowerlevel
    STI if it has been checked over and certified by a subaru dealer?

personally i dont trust any certified .... i was driving a honda that was cetified and the trans was shot so ...but i think when they say cetified they probbably honar the warrenty .. anyhow
    i babied my sti it had 6000 miles when i sold it so there is gems out there good luck[/QUOTE]

Yeah STI is hard to come by used in Denver right now. One out there from an individual but I can't get financed that way right now for the 24K he wants. Damn good deal on a 2005!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast